Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
To update: We are coming to the end of our 5 night stay.

This is a great hotel and we have had an overwhelmingly positive experience.

On check in we were upgraded to a Fortuna Suite, which is enormous and 2 categories above what we booked.

The group in front of us at the elite desk were flatly refused any upgrades, but the combination of Spire Elite status and $30 between my license and credit card seemed to do the trick for us. The latter was clearly acknowledged and is recommended, although you will probably be ok with less.

The room itself is perfect and in great condition. The only negative is that housekeeping is variable, for example, we had some hair from a previous guest in the tub when we arrived. Our perception is that housekeeping rush through due to the scale of the property.

I was expecting a penny pinching environment, so was pleasantly surprised when the Concierge printed Cirque du Soleil tickets for us, sparing us a visit to the third party run business center.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Can anyone tell me how comfy the sofa beds are at this place? Has anyone stayed in one?

Last edited by Johnny Rocket; Aug 7, 2019 at 11:16 pm
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
staying this saturday as a lowly platinum. Is it worth it to even try the $20 trick? I have never stayed here before and will only be here 1 night. Whats the best i'm looking for?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:50 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bitachu
staying this saturday as a lowly platinum. Is it worth it to even try the $20 trick? I have never stayed here before and will only be here 1 night. Whats the best i'm looking for?
First time I stayed a few years back I was a IHG Platinum (no IC AMB) and was upgraded from a base Luxury room to a Luxury Strip View due to status alone, no tip trick.

Second time I was a Spire + IC AMB booked in a Fortuna Suite with a tip at check in ($20-30 I forget) and was upgraded to a HUGE Siena Suite. Tip was clearly acknowledged.

If you are an IC Ambassador on a paid stay you are guaranteed a 1-level upgrade on paid stays, but in most cases this means standard room to a view room only. As just an IHG status member you are entitled to no recognition really so If the $20 is worth a Strip View at minimum to you I say do it! Annnd be sure to report back
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:56 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Steph58
It actually comes $51.02 because there's tax on it. I, too, am in the camp that thinks it's crazy annoying. That was until I booked some points/free night stays at the Kimpton Seafire. Now that one is way over the top, especially when the reservation confirmation specifically states no additional charges/fees on your "free" night.
Was just going to mention the crazy $70 resort fees at the Seafire, but at the same time I stayed 7-nights this summer all on points (with 20% rebate AND a Free Night) which would have cost over $4500 so it made the fee a bit more palatable. ^

The Kimpton Seafire thread is here for anyone interested...it's a beautiful place with AMAZING service and most prefer it over the Ritz: Kimpton Seafire Thread
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone tried this--switch between one night Venetian and then one night Palazzo in an effort to optimize current various promo bonus points? Each will count as a 1 night stay? Have an upcoming Thanksgiving 4 night trip. Would be easier to do this than to alternate a night at another IHG property. Then won't have to explain my craziness at switching hotels to the relatives! (Or pack up the car and move.) Rates are very low and staying at an IC really optimizes points earned.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:34 am

Answering My Own Question Above

It worked. Alternated Venetian & Palazzo for a few nights. Each counted as a separate stay for points and promos posting. Wimped out at the end, however, and just asked to remain in my very nice Palazzo room for the last 2 nights. Might have gone through with the whole scheme if I was by myself. But it does take some time and effort.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Platinum
Venetian and Palazzo leaving IHG? no available rooms for 2020
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Gabby2
Venetian and Palazzo leaving IHG? no available rooms for 2020
I’ve seen that happen from time to time, then rooms appear later.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:09 am

I believe there also was an issue when you enter a corporate discount code. Try searching without the code.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I recently finished up a stay at the Palazzo - the actual property was a great experience and I really liked having access to Prestige level.

Only issue was that the stay (booked through Virtuoso travel agent) showed up as non-qualifying, even though the IHG number was clearly included in the reservation and I paid the standard room rate.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by gmax58
I recently finished up a stay at the Palazzo - the actual property was a great experience and I really liked having access to Prestige level.

Only issue was that the stay (booked through Virtuoso travel agent) showed up as non-qualifying, even though the IHG number was clearly included in the reservation and I paid the standard room rate.
My daughter booked via Virtuoso (she's not an IHG member) Prestige level, receipt from Virtuoso agent said Prestige, email from Palazzo did not say Prestige. They were refused that level by the Palazzo. Also another couple same thing, both paid nonrefundable rate months in advance. They received a standard room and some consolation cupcakes from the Virtuoso agency as a "sorry". 5 nights times 2 rooms, a lot of $$.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
What's the story with the Venetian/Palazzo at the moment? Does anyone know why they no longer show up anymore when searching for LAS hotels on the IHG website? Only way to find them is google them separately...
Old Nov 25, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by clubman
What's the story with the Venetian/Palazzo at the moment? Does anyone know why they no longer show up anymore when searching for LAS hotels on the IHG website? Only way to find them is google them separately...
I just booked them on the app?
Old Nov 26, 2020, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Donsyb
I just booked them on the app?
You're right! I never checked the app, but they do indeed show up on there. Really odd...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.