Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
IC The Palazzo Master Thread

Just wait. Periodically it seems that availability is messed up. Yesterday it was wide open. I guess it will sort itself up soon.

To note there is no paid availability at all - so it must be a glitch.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
try a different browser or clearing cache/cookies. I was having issues with IE, chrome, and FF last month when I was trying to book a room; I falsely saw 0 availability at different properties. Safari worked for me.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by indelible
try a different browser or clearing cache/cookies. I was having issues with IE, chrome, and FF last month when I was trying to book a room; I falsely saw 0 availability at different properties. Safari worked for me.
I'm seeing it on the app - so it something bigger than just cache and cookies.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Seriously, would somebody at IHG look into this? There is no way there will be no availability (Reward Nights/AMB Weekend Cert or even paid) the whole year at Palazzo/Venetian as shown on the IHG.com website. I have been trying to use the Reward Nights/AMB cert for months now and I've never been successful. This is so frustrating. I don't have any problems redeeming points at other hotel chains. IHG better works closely with their "Alliance" partner to figure out what's going on!!!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by ktjan
Seriously, would somebody at IHG look into this? There is no way there will be no availability (Reward Nights/AMB Weekend Cert or even paid) the whole year at Palazzo/Venetian as shown on the IHG.com website. I have been trying to use the Reward Nights/AMB cert for months now and I've never been successful. This is so frustrating. I don't have any problems redeeming points at other hotel chains. IHG better works closely with their "Alliance" partner to figure out what's going on!!!
Indeed, no way to make a reservation at the Palazzo using the IHG website. You have to use the palazzo.com website and there you have no possibility to enter your IHG rewards club number. This is going on for some weeks now!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vibguy
Indeed, no way to make a reservation at the Palazzo using the IHG website. You have to use the palazzo.com website and there you have no possibility to enter your IHG rewards club number. This is going on for some weeks now!
You can email the Palazzo with your IHG details and they apply it to your account. There is an intermittent IT glitch that causes this problem. The IC (rather than IHG) site tends to be more reliable.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just checked, you are right! I currently have 3 nights booked in the weekend in mid October, but I just found out my cousin is getting married that weekend. I was hoping to call the hotel to move the reservation (25k promo), but it looks like I might have to cancel altogether.
I don't know when I can go yet, but what are my (realistic) prospects of calling in and having them move the reservation to another weekend while maintaining the rate I booked it? I suspect it won't work, especially since this property isn't showing up on IHG page.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by IHGSteve
From the IHG Rewards Club Service Center: Members should not have to pay for resort fees when staying on reward nights.
I would so like to believe this message.

Problem is, in this thread - 'IC Venetian and Palazzo 50% Off Reward Nights 24 Hours Only, Starting March 10!' - you said:
Originally Posted by IHGSteve
I just checked with someone to be sure and can confirm those fees have always been part of the stays for those properties.
I'm sure one of those statements is correct ...

[At the time, 'those fees' referred to 2 separate fees of $25 (service) and $29 (resort) shown on my confirmation, though only the $29 was charged.]
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
So what's the real deal? On points stays at The Palazzo, do we have to pay any resort or other fees?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
So what's the real deal? On points stays at The Palazzo, do we have to pay any resort or other fees?
Resort fee has to be paid on point stays. I have experienced this twice recently.
No other fees to be paid. Impossible to book through IC or IHG websites since a couple of weeks though.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:33 pm

Resort fee on free nights, point stays, and comp stays.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by vibguy
Impossible to book through IC or IHG websites since a couple of weeks though.
Good news: The problem booking the Palazzo through the IHG and IC websites seems solved now!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:27 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just checked in early at 10am.

Learned that if you book a Bella Suite Double with a view at the Palazzo they will upgrade you to the Rialto, which is bigger but at the Venetian. The problem is that there aren't any other suite with 2 beds at the Palazzo to UG to.

Amazing fruit played sent up with a pack of gummy bears, too. They also confirmed a 4pm late checkout too.

Treated like a 5-Star guest all the way around so far. ^^
Old Jun 20, 2015, 12:09 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 355F1
Just checked in early at 10am.

Learned that if you book a Bella Suite Double with a view at the Palazzo they will upgrade you to the Rialto, which is bigger but at the Venetian. The problem is that there aren't any other suite with 2 beds at the Palazzo to UG to.

Amazing fruit played sent up with a pack of gummy bears, too. They also confirmed a 4pm late checkout too.

Treated like a 5-Star guest all the way around so far. ^^
Just booked two more suites for my people here at EDC Vegas with me. I got all AMB benefits applied and was upgraded on ALL 3 suites and given free coffee coupons on each room key packet and a 4pm check out for all 3 suites.

TOTALLY thrilled with the level of service here and recognition for AMB! ^^

Their fruit plate is the best I have ever received at any IC.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by 355F1
... free coffee coupons on each room key packet ...
We got some largely unusable coupons at check in, including for free coffee, presumably as part of our so-called 'resort' fee.

For our 6-night stay, we got one coupon - not one per person or one per night, just the one for a potential 6x2 combination, even though the so-called 'resort' fee was charged per night. Oh, it was for a small coffee, so small it was not even on the price list.

As coffee drinkers we were not impressed. Luckily our own inroom supply helped.

P.S. The apparently upgraded room was fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.