Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2021, 5:43 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Has The Citi Prestige Card Been Discontinued?

The online application form for the Indian Citi Prestige still seems to be active. But I guess the odds are high now that when Citi sells the India cards business, whoever takes it on will probably scrap the Prestige or rebrand it in such a way that it bears no resemblance to what it currently is.
Citi has no plans to close the Prestige card in India.

What will happen when the cards business is sold is baseless speculation right now. There have been many instances in the past where Citi have said they're exiting a business in a country but didn't end up doing it because they didn't find a suitable buyer. So I'm not sure why the "odds are high" that the buyer will destroy the cards value.

Citi by removing the airport transfers had knocked of 10 - 15k of value for me. Of course thanks to the pandemic it wasn't like I spent that money out of my own pocket - but probably next year I will have to.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Citi has no plans to close the Prestige card in India.
What are you basing this on?

Last edited by L_D_M; Jul 18, 2021 at 9:26 am
Old Jul 18, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
What are you basing this on?
I know some of the powers that be at Citi.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Just learnt that Citi thankyou US has added AA as a transfer partner.

I hope they add AA as transfer partner to Citi India cards.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22

Haven’t the cards had different transfers partners before too? I would cash in all my points if they did.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22

Well one can always hope.

Is AA really new given that Citi has had great co-branded cards with them for ages? Also Citi TY has a bunch of "Americas focused" partners who are not transfer partners for Citi India like AV, B6 etc...
Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:25 am

Anyone know if Indian income tax payments (which I believe can now be made via credit card) earn Citibank points?

(also x-posted on the HDFC Diners thread)
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:03 am

Anyone know if Indian income tax payments (which I believe can now be made via credit card) earn Citibank points?

(also x-posted on the HDFC Diners thread)
No points earned with Citi for sure.

DCB - I think they only don't give points on wallet reloads. But not 100% positive.
L_D_M likes this.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Aug 12, 2021 at 1:11 am
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
No points earned with Citi for sure.

DCB - I think they only don't give points on wallet reloads. But not 100% positive.
Maybe with Axis Bank cards?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Maybe with Axis Bank cards?
I don’t know but it’s quite possible Axis and some other banks do offer points on these payments. I have no idea.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
looking to move all the points from my prestige card to one of the airline partners....currently i have close to 200k points which would translate to around 800k miles....

any suggestions which airline to transfer them to????i would mostly end up using the miles for business class tickets for family between india-usa at some point next year....
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
looking to move all the points from my prestige card to one of the airline partners....currently i have close to 200k points which would translate to around 800k miles....

any suggestions which airline to transfer them to????i would mostly end up using the miles for business class tickets for family between india-usa at some point next year....
Why do you want to move it before you need to book tickets?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Possibly to safeguard them against any possible changes?

I was also contemplating the same thing...

But airline partners are not the greatest available - are they?

TK would be the only one of value for me - having status on *A....but their customer service *sucks*!

Edited to Add: Keyser - maybe Air India? How is their program?

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Sep 20, 2021 at 6:17 am
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
looking to book for next summer while seats are still available....closer to the travel date its not easy to find 4 business class seats together....
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Possibly to safeguard them against any possible changes?

I was also contemplating the same thing...

But airline partners are not the greatest available - are they?

TK would be the only one of value for me - having status on *A....but their customer service *sucks*!

Edited to Add: Keyser - maybe Air India? How is their program?
tk seemed like a decent option....their yq is a bit high though....around $750 per ticket for india-usa-india....but it looks like at the moment they only require around 110k miles for a return ticket so that's good....

air india is terrible....a return ticket would be 320k miles & their customer service sucks as well....also, they never have more than a single business class seat available for redemption so 4 seats are out of the question....

ba, vs, ey & flying blue have high yq, intermiles wants 300k for a one way ticket & qr doesn't seem to offer many seats for business redemption....

i have used sq & cx in the past....sq requires 218k miles for a return ticket & the yq is on the lower side....cx requires 170k for a return ticket but seem to have increased their yq component....i remember paying around $40 for a jfk-del ticket earlier this year but now its increased to $200....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.