Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
They don't
Why do you say that? Citi says that these do earn points.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Why do you say that? Citi says that these do earn points.
I asked Citi customer care on phone few months back and they said it doesn't. I am more than happy to be wrong.

Anyway, Paytm is pretty much dead now (atleast in Bangalore), everyone wants gpay/upi nowadays.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I asked Citi customer care on phone few months back and they said it doesn't. I am more than happy to be wrong.

Anyway, Paytm is pretty much dead now (atleast in Bangalore), everyone wants gpay/upi nowadays.
We'll see... at the end of the month if the points actually post or not.

Is there no way to do a wallet loads into Amazon, PayTM etc. from your CC and then use that to scan and pay instead of the UPI through your bank account? Worst case you can do wallet pays for the categories Citi has forbidden direct payments to (against MCC codes) like insurance etc.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Aug 17, 2020 at 9:28 am
Old Aug 18, 2020, 8:09 am

We'll see... at the end of the month if the points actually post or not.

Is there no way to do a wallet loads into Amazon, PayTM etc. from your CC and then use that to scan and pay instead of the UPI through your bank account? Worst case you can do wallet pays for the categories Citi has forbidden direct payments to (against MCC codes) like insurance etc.
I hope they post.

The probtiem is all the barcodes in I see now a days are UPI, whatever app you use, upi will always come from bank.

For most forbidden categories like insurance, hdfc works like a charm.

You can get points for utilities payments like electricity via Amazon pay though.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 8:54 am

For most forbidden categories like insurance, hdfc works like a charm.
The advantage with Citi is that apart from the .7% additional points...Citi also has far more transfer partners... so I prefer Citi to HDFC any day for regular non-accelerated points.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 4:42 pm

The advantage with Citi is that apart from the .7% additional points...Citi also has far more transfer partners... so I prefer Citi to HDFC any day for regular non-accelerated points.
Agree,, I also prefer Citi over hdfc anyday except accelerated rewards.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 1:46 am

Taj has extended their vouchers till Mar 2021.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
The advantage with Citi is that apart from the .7% additional points...
0.7%?

How was that calculated?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
0.7%?

How was that calculated?
Citi 4% - HDFC 3.3% = 0.7% more points from Citi.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Citi 4% - HDFC 3.3% = 0.7% more points from Citi.
Maybe we should calculate the added bonuses for Citi as well - for Citi Gold, etc...
Old Sep 3, 2020, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Maybe we should calculate the added bonuses for Citi as well - for Citi Gold, etc...
You certainly could. I didn't because it doesn't apply to me.

This wasn't a unbiased review of credit cards. I was comparing the benefits I get.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 8:55 am

This wasn't a unbiased review of credit cards. I was comparing the benefits I get.
Well, if all are facts - that's what all of us are interested in...so thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi,
Which cards is everyone using for insurance payments? Citi was my go to till they stopped allowing point accrual on insurance payments. Amex Plat doesn't allow points on insurance either. Any way to circumvent this by using PayTM or PhonePe?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:13 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by avneeshj
Hi,
Which cards is everyone using for insurance payments? Citi was my go to till they stopped allowing point accrual on insurance payments. Amex Plat doesn't allow points on insurance either. Any way to circumvent this by using PayTM or PhonePe?
I used AXIS Vistara card this very month.. got points for them..
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by avneeshj
Hi,
Use Amazon Pay and/or HDFC Payzapp (supports non HDFC cards). Profit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.