Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Just want to cross check, not able to book the 4th night free on hotels.com but are they the still go to resource to shortlist hotels or has citi changed them completely. Would like to see options online as it is easier than going on the phone with an agent.
Check online on hotels.com and then call the Conceirge. Worked so far for me every time.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Just want to cross check, not able to book the 4th night free on hotels.com but are they the still go to resource to shortlist hotels or has citi changed them completely. Would like to see options online as it is easier than going on the phone with an agent.
For some reason the VISAFREE1 promo code no longer works. You'll have to call in. Same hotels and offers... just not available online any longer.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SPG, JP Miles, IHG Rewards Club
Received an email from Citibank today regarding discontinuation of rewards for certain merchant categories from next month - many categories are listed including Utilities, Transportation and Educational as well as Govt Institutions -Here are the link to excluded merchant categories though not an easy way to check the category of individual merchants.

https://www.online.citibank.co.in/po...ds-Program.pdf

It applies to Prestige and PM card as well as other Citi credit cards.

Siva
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Just got this too. Looks like mobile phone bills won't come under Utilities?

Utilities–Electric, Gas, Heating Oil, Sanitary, Water
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Just got this too. Looks like mobile phone bills won't come under Utilities?

Utilities–Electric, Gas, Heating Oil, Sanitary, Water
i was wondering that too....i think i'm just going to shift all my utilities payments to my sbi card....i used my citi card to pay for my kids school fee but i guess i'll be switching that over to my sbi card as well....
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
i was wondering that too....i think i'm just going to shift all my utilities payments to my sbi card....i used my citi card to pay for my kids school fee but i guess i'll be switching that over to my sbi card as well....
SBI card???

Is there any value to using an SBI card these days??
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
SBI card???

it all depends....for me it still makes sense to earn flying return miles on my sbi ai card....i can use those miles to redeem on ua domestic flights for as little as 5k miles per trip....i also use flying returns miles to upgrade ai tickets for my family when they are traveling with me....
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
SBI card???

The SBI AI card has a great reward rate @ 4 miles/Rs. 100 with very good accelerators for booking AI tickets. Of course all of that is ruined by AI's award charts unless you can land some sweetspots like US domestic or inter EU travel.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:34 am

What sort of merchants would fall under transport category? Would it include IRCTC, taxi operators, etc?

Siva
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by msivam
Received an email from Citibank today regarding discontinuation of rewards for certain merchant categories from next month - many categories are listed including Utilities, Transportation and Educational as well as Govt Institutions -Here are the link to excluded merchant categories though not an easy way to check the category of individual merchants.

https://www.online.citibank.co.in/po...ds-Program.pdf

It applies to Prestige and PM card as well as other Citi credit cards.

Siva
Yeah got this email as well. Citi was extremely helpful in including Merchant Codes & Category names - like that's something all customers are extremely well versed with.

What's included in transportation? Are airline tickets out? Car rentals? Who the F knows!

Very opaque and disturbing email from Citi for multiple reasons.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
This seems to be a US website with the merchant codes.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:12 am

So Uber/Ola is out for Citibank.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 11:20 pm

Yeah, this is a bit of a mess. They need to communicate with examples what the exclusions are. Utilities and Transportation are large categories.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:17 pm

This provides some information regarding merchant codes but Citi may have its own ides!

https://livefromalounge.boardingarea...nt-categories/

Siva
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by msivam
This provides some information regarding merchant codes but Citi may have its own ides!

https://livefromalounge.boardingarea...nt-categories/

Siva
I don't know if IRCTC is excluded because that comes under passenger railways...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.