Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Till last year Citi did not say anything if I used the Prestige for business expenses. But since March 2020 I get an email if I have a large expense to check if it's a business expenses.

Can anyone update regarding this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by sweets61250
Till last year Citi did not say anything if I used the Prestige for business expenses. But since March 2020 I get an email if I have a large expense to check if it's a business expenses.

Huh?

I haven't seen any such e-mails...
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sweets61250

I got them a few times too. Explained that they were personal and got a reply back saying ok but business expense is a big no-no.

This was basically what it said

If the personal Credit/Charge Card is noted to be used for prohibited, restricted or business purposes, the Bank may, at its sole discretion, exercise its right to close the concerned Credit/Charge Card and additional/add-on cards thereof without any notice.
We regret to note that despite our earlier advice, you continue to use your credit cards for businesstransactions. Please note, if the transaction pattern continues, the bank will be constrained to close the card.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I got them a few times too. Explained that they were personal and got a reply back saying ok but business expense is a big no-no.

INSANE...
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Since you are a FTer... given the choice between forgoing miles and grinding through the GVs... the choice is obvious.
Already looked up the process for buying Gift cards and adding them to the account. However I wanted to know if there is any maximum cap on this? Amazon Pay balance seems to be capped at 10k per month and 1L per year.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:39 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by avneeshj
Already looked up the process for buying Gift cards and adding them to the account. However I wanted to know if there is any maximum cap on this? Amazon Pay balance seems to be capped at 10k per month and 1L per year.
I haven't tested the max limits of the GVs as yet. I'm not sure there is one - or at least a low limit like for cash loads.

The cash load 1L limit doesn't apply to GVs you load into your Amazon Pay. The 1L applies only to the money you load directly from your CC/bank to Amazon Pay.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
INSANE...
A lot of business users especially in travel etc. use personal cards to book tickets etc. for clients to get reward points & bonuses.

Citi's fraud detection system however works overtime both on personal and business cards.

I've faced numerous problems with transactions on my business card which easily goes through when I'm using my personal card. Not only that but my business card gets blocked especially when I'm traveling and I have to call their Singapore offices quite frequently to unblock it.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Sep 28, 2020 at 5:52 am
Old Sep 28, 2020, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

even i get this email every now & then....they have some weird theories on what they consider business expenses....i have been buying my phone & phone related accessories from the same place for the last almost 20 years....they have highlighted that particular merchant as a business expense a couple of times....once they highlighted a spend where i used my card to get my car serviced & another time i used my card in usa at the apple store for a fairly large purchase....they classified that as a business expense as well....i've had to call & clarify each time....
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Slightly OT but I do quite a bit of Insurance billing through my business. Amex Plat corporate only gives me something silly like 400 miles per 1L. Citi doesn't allow me to bill through them saying they will shut the card if I use it on business spend. Is there any other card which might be better?
Guys can anyone on this?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 10:20 am

Guys can anyone on this?
Well, I think Citi is not giving miles in any case for insurance purchases - you might want to check...

I would look at Axis bank cards...Vistara or LH miles...
onlysuites likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
very impressed with citi prestige & cx....i initiated a transfer of 170k points on thursday last week & was told it would take upto 5 business days to complete....on friday evening, just over 24 hours later, i had 680k miles in my cx account....

i love it when things work the way they are supposed to....i was looking for 4 return tickets in business class between del-nyc & there were only 4 seats left on my preferred return date so i was worried one or more would sell out but the quick transfer got me all 4 seats on both my preferred outbound & inbound dates....
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sent points a few weeks back and they were there 24hrs later too.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
very impressed with citi prestige & cx....i initiated a transfer of 170k points on thursday last week & was told it would take upto 5 business days to complete....on friday evening, just over 24 hours later, i had 680k miles in my cx account....

i love it when things work the way they are supposed to....i was looking for 4 return tickets in business class between del-nyc & there were only 4 seats left on my preferred return date so i was worried one or more would sell out but the quick transfer got me all 4 seats on both my preferred outbound & inbound dates....
I think they are now trying to implement the US model of transfers, but I still think it's taking longer - it was 3-4 days for both KL/AF & BA recently...
Old Nov 16, 2020, 6:10 am

Most of my Citi transfers are within 24 hours as well and have been for some time.

Other than EK which takes a ridiculous 2 weeks... Citi is pretty efficient.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SQ has a 15% transfer bonus from any CC. I always find SQ & CX to offer the best value from Citi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.