Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by kumarshah
With Citibank withdrawing from Retail Banking, which transfer would be best to park miles for next 2 years?

I am thinking Singapore Airlines
Why are you panicking. Citi retail business will be sold... probably to DBS or HSBC or the like. The process will take a year or two to complete and even after the sale your miles won't be lost.

Also where to park depends on where/how/when you want to redeem. SQ may be the best choice the worst choice or something in between.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Is SQ even flying to India nowadays?

Was flying out of BOM a week or 2 ago (for my first flight in more than a year) and saw the 1030am (or thereabouts - day flight) SQ Airbus taxiing in...not sure if pax were being carried - as TK is still not scheduling flights...
No. Probably cargo.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:38 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Why are you panicking. Citi retail business will be sold... probably to DBS or HSBC or the like. The process will take a year or two to complete and even after the sale your miles won't be lost.
And they'll switch redemptions to *only* Intermiles...!
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:46 am

And they'll switch redemptions to *only* Intermiles...!
Possibly or Oyo points. But still way way too early to panick.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Possibly or Oyo points. But still way way too early to panick.
OYO has a point system??

The Grand Hyatt in Mumbai will soon be subscribing to that plan....I call it the Grand OYO...
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:10 pm

OYO has a point system??
I don't know if they have a points system. They certainly had tiers and every crappy "points aggregator" were handing out Wizard tiers I remember!

But my reference to Oyo was more for them going bankrupt and the futility of having the already ridiculous (if they exist) Oyo points in the middle of them folding..
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
citi is only pulling out of the retail banking business....my sources have informed me that they will continue their credit card business for the foreseeable future....
NoviceFT likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
citi is only pulling out of the retail banking business....my sources have informed me that they will continue their credit card business for the foreseeable future....
Old Apr 17, 2021, 7:16 am

Credit cards are very much a part of their retail banking business and is going to go.

Also, internally the rumours about prospective buyers have already started doing rounds.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Credit cards are very much a part of their retail banking business and is going to go.

Also, internally the rumours about prospective buyers have already started doing rounds.
was told by someone in senior management that cards will remain....of course a lot can change between now & the time they finally exit but as of now their plans are to continue with the credit card business....
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:16 am

was told by someone in senior management that cards will remain....of course a lot can change between now & the time they finally exit but as of now their plans are to continue with the credit card business....
For now the only reason for the cards business to remain would be that they were unable to find a buyer. But yeah still early days.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 11:55 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Is SQ even flying to India nowadays?

Was flying out of BOM a week or 2 ago (for my first flight in more than a year) and saw the 1030am (or thereabouts - day flight) SQ Airbus taxiing in...not sure if pax were being carried - as TK is still not scheduling flights...
Or possibly operating as a charter flight.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a email from Citi. Looks like they will pull the card this year.

We recently announced Citi's decision to pursue exits from consumer business in 13 markets, including India. While we do not have definitive timelines, we expect the transition to take months to complete.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 9:01 pm

Has The Citi Prestige Card Been Discontinued?

The online application form for the Indian Citi Prestige still seems to be active. But I guess the odds are high now that when Citi sells the India cards business, whoever takes it on will probably scrap the Prestige or rebrand it in such a way that it bears no resemblance to what it currently is.

Last edited by L_D_M; Jul 17, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Old Jul 18, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Has The Citi Prestige Card Been Discontinued?

The online application form for the Indian Citi Prestige still seems to be active. But I guess the odds are high now that when Citi sells the India cards business, whoever takes it on will probably scrap the Prestige or rebrand it in such a way that it bears no resemblance to what it currently is.
They have pulled the Prestige card from the USA market. Yo can't apply for a new card there now. This is probably going to follow in India soon too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.