Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:41 pm

Add hoteling.com to the "not immediately bookable" list.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Football Fan
It's systematic - Hyatt is pretending to have a best rate guarantee, but in reality, they are tricking their customers.
Totally agreed!

If I cannot do BRG claim with hyatt, i will not stay with them and keep staying at Starwood.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:32 am

OK....i just completed my first BRG with Starwood...and I have to say they are top class. I might switch my stays to them given how awesome starwood is at BRG. Here is what they do at Hyatt.

1. They try to say that they cannot open the files (to counter this I open two BRGs each submitting a different format)
2. They wait as long as possible so that the competing rate disappears
3. If the rate is there they try to disqualify for any small reason (desc doesn't match exactly)

SPG on the other hand:
1. No need to submit a file, simply a link
2. Process as soon as possible (my last one took 2 hours to process, my current one with Hyatt over 16 hours)
3. they give you a confirmation email!! Love that

I will probably shift my stays over to SPG after next year as I have already requaled for diamond with Hyatt..didn't know how much greener the grass was
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Generally don't have a problem with Hyatt BRG. However, this time submitted a claim for GH Berlin with a site that quoted in euro. Claim got denied on the basis that the currency conversion resulted in a difference of less than 1%. Given that body prices were in Euro and the difference was more than 1% I escaleted but was told again that it was invalid and then put on hold so long I hung up and will now cancel the stay.

Claiming currency conversion when both rates in local currency is a new one for me.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by price123
Generally don't have a problem with Hyatt BRG. However, this time submitted a claim for GH Berlin with a site that quoted in euro. Claim got denied on the basis that the currency conversion resulted in a difference of less than 1%. Given that body prices were in Euro and the difference was more than 1% I escaleted but was told again that it was invalid and then put on hold so long I hung up and will now cancel the stay.

Claiming currency conversion when both rates in local currency is a new one for me.
The agent is wrong.
There is no 1% rule when both rates "Hyatt and Third Party Sites" are in Euros or any other currency.
I had the same problem in Canadian $ for the HR Vancouver and escalated it to Guest Services.
It's a shame we have to spend so much time just because some agent has not been properly trained. We deserved better trained agents.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by suite2suite
The agent is wrong.
There is no 1% rule when both rates "Hyatt and Third Party Sites" are in Euros or any other currency.
I had the same problem in Canadian $ for the HR Vancouver and escalated it to Guest Services.
It's a shame we have to spend so much time just because some agent has not been properly trained. We deserved better trained agents.
Agree the agent is wrong. I advised why and was told I was wrong. I then phoned CS and was advised the same reason. Whilst I know it is incorrect, I just can't be bothered to wait over 30 minutes for a supervisor. I value my time more highly.

I don't really get why the agents are so badly trained - it's not that difficult to understand!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by dmaphy
I just got back to them again and was once again confirmed that Amoma is not accepted as a reference due to beeing a membership site.

Well I guess I then have to try Prestigia instead
I just got another amoma.com BRG claim validated without any issue. Not sure why you were told amoma is cannot be accepted.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bkoh1
I just got another amoma.com BRG claim validated without any issue. Not sure why you were told amoma is cannot be accepted.
Do you really expect any sort of consistency after reading this thread?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by bkoh1
Yes. I got amoma a couple times recently, but each time I had to submit it more than once before it got accepted. So, don't give up the first time you get rejected.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
After a series of claims that met no resistance this was the scenario for a stay two weeks ago.

Day 1: Claim sent
Day 2: Denied; new claim sent
Day 3: No response; new claim sent
Day 4: Denied; new claim sent
Day 5: No response; called Hyatt Diamond desk

I prefaced to the agent that my entire aim was simply to give feedback about spurious denials and lack of responses within specified times.

Agent found the email with first denial and spoke with the BRG department about the second submission. They claimed it was identical (it wasn't) and ignored it.

Agent found the email with the next denial (claimed basic room no longer available - it was) and the followup submission.

Agent, along with BRG department quickly formulated the price and booked the room for me at that moment with on the spot BRG approval.

Later the afternoon of the 5th day I finally received a response to my submission denying it. Thankfully the res had already been made so the denial was laughable.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
After a series of claims that met no resistance this was the scenario for a stay two weeks ago.

Day 1: Claim sent
Day 2: Denied; new claim sent
Day 3: No response; new claim sent
Day 4: Denied; new claim sent
Day 5: No response; called Hyatt Diamond desk

I prefaced to the agent that my entire aim was simply to give feedback about spurious denials and lack of responses within specified times.

Agent found the email with first denial and spoke with the BRG department about the second submission. They claimed it was identical (it wasn't) and ignored it.

Agent found the email with the next denial (claimed basic room no longer available - it was) and the followup submission.

Agent, along with BRG department quickly formulated the price and booked the room for me at that moment with on the spot BRG approval.

Later the afternoon of the 5th day I finally received a response to my submission denying it. Thankfully the res had already been made so the denial was laughable.

Same happened to me.
Now we know why this thread is no longer monitored by Hyatt. It's an embarrassment.
Now we have 4 submissions for the same BRG resulting in 3 denials and 1 approval within a five day time frame. Not bad.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:19 pm

Ctrip.com

Denied

Reason: "After researching, I was unable to validate your claim as the room is only confirmed after the third party site contacts our hotel. In order to be valid, the reservation must be confirmed immediately, at the time of booking."

This BRG crap is just annoying.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:29 am

Hyatt BRG works increasingly well for me. A year ago it was still a hit or miss, really inconsistent and frustrating but since around august it has been buttery smooth.

On Friday I even got a claim approved in... 25 minutes! Couldn't believe it.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by benji2227
Hyatt BRG works increasingly well for me. A year ago it was still a hit or miss, really inconsistent and frustrating but since around august it has been buttery smooth.

On Friday I even got a claim approved in... 25 minutes! Couldn't believe it.
2000 won at Park Hyatt Busan again?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
2000 won at Park Hyatt Busan again?
PH Busan is one difficult property to find a BRG opportunity, but once you do, it's a hell of a deal! ^

Unfortunately it wasn't Busan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.