Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Hyatt BRG are sure back again. Just got my claim denied because I didn't take a print screen of the credit card page at agoda.com with the lower rate. Never experienced a denial like this before.
In the claim I gave them the full direct url to the hotel at agoda.com. I replied back I was disappointed and sent another new claim, now with a screenshot.

Edit: Googled about it. Seems to be some old school rule. Never had to submit a screeny before but oh well. It is what it is.

Last edited by joakgarp; Feb 17, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Hyatt BRG are sure back again. Just got my claim denied because I didn't take a print screen of the credit card page at agoda.com with the lower rate. Never experienced a denial like this before.
In the claim I gave them the full direct url to the hotel at agoda.com. I replied back I was disappointed and sent another new claim, now with a screenshot.

Edit: Googled about it. Seems to be some old school rule. Never had to submit a screeny before but oh well. It is what it is.
This must have been an enhancement during BRG outage.

I got rejected for the same reason and had to resubmit. Looking at the bright side, Hyatt BRG response time is within hours now as it has been devoid of submissions for days.

Last edited by TerryK; Feb 17, 2017 at 6:28 pm
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
This must have been an enhancement during BRG outage.

I got rejected for the same reason and had to resubmit. Looking at the bright side, Hyatt BRG response time is within hours now as it has been devoid of submissions for days.
Yeah they are very fast with their response now This is how fast they should work. My claim was some hours ago approved:

Hyatt Regency Jeju
Dates: 3 nights in august
Room Type: King Room
Hyatt Price: 270,000/night KRW + taxes
Agoda.com Price: 229,500 KRW/night + taxes
Adjusted Price: 183,600/night KRW + taxes

Booked a standard refundable rate on Hyatt due to the rate from Agoda was also refundable and lower than Hyatt's non-refundable.
Thought they would make me book their non-refundable rate and force me to compare that to Agoda's refundable but that wouldn't make much sense, so they didn't
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Yeah they are very fast with their response now This is how fast they should work. My claim was some hours ago approved:....
Yeah, fast response but cannot do math.

My BRG claim was rejected. It so happened that rates are numerically the same on Hyatt.com and Expedia.com. However, Hyatt.com rate is in EUR while Expedia.com rate is in USD (both prepaid). BRG agent claimed that EUR is lower than USD hence Hyatt.com rate is lower after currency conversion. It took me more than one hour on the phone (mostly on hold) to convince BRG agent that EUR is higher than USD and Expedia.com rate is lower after conversion. FYI, xe.com currently shows $1=€0.9419 or €1=$1.06168.

Last edited by TerryK; Feb 18, 2017 at 6:42 pm
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:31 pm

Is it just me or did Hyatt tightened up the BRG rules quite a bit these days?
I am getting declined for claims that used to get approved all the time.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by agjil
Is it just me or did Hyatt tightened up the BRG rules quite a bit these days?
I am getting declined for claims that used to get approved all the time.
Can you provide more detail?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, SBG, Hilto HHonors, Marriott
BRG

On the occasion of my first post, my latest BRG clam was denied because the associate said the attached screen shot didn't provide hotel name, dates, room type and rate AFTER taxes, which was a new one for me. All were clearly specified on zenhotels.com web page, immediately bookable, and is not a membership site. I appealed and copied Dana Mowrey at her Hyatt email. Stay tuned. My view on this is that Hyatt legal team has been directed to enforce rigid requirements besides the arduous terms and conditions and with this latest requirement (cost after applicable taxes?) hope that we all give up, which I will not and hope all you will not either. The spirit of the BRG, over time, is being diluted to where it's become a very hollow 'guarantee' of any kind.

Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
The only positive aspect I see on these desperate issues you had is this: As Hyatt’s T&C are specific:
  1. A "Competing Rate" is a publicly available and immediately online bookable room-only rate for a Hyatt Hotel that is lower than the room rate available for the same reservation on www.hyatt.com (i.e., same hotel, same type of room, same number of guests, same dates of stay and same length of stay). There are two notable exceptions*):

2. To qualify for a 20% discount on “Competing Rate” (and to receive stay credit within GP) we have to call either prior to or within 24 hours of booking the reservation on http://www.hyatt.com.

If an associate excludes booking.com - Europe’s leading online hotel reservations agency by room nights sold, is available in 24 languages and offers over 73K hotels in 71 countries (parent company: Priceline) – because the rate is displayed differently s/he is out of touch. Booking.com is very specific what is and is not included in the room rate and lists this immediately below the room type. While it’s habitual that taxes are included in Europe, the contrary is true for North America.

I hope Hyatt’s Consumer Affair’s department will investigate.

*) Package Holidays & packaged Rates are not Room Only Rates. Qualified Discount Rates & Unpublished, Negotiated Rates are not publicly available.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. BRG
On the occasion of my first post, my latest BRG clam was denied because the associate said the attached screen shot didn't provide hotel name, dates, room type and rate AFTER taxes, which was a new one for me....
You always need to compare against rates after taxes, nothing new. This is a change in documentation requirement, not T&C. BRG team seems to require screenshot of final payment page as proof of lower rate now.

Last edited by TerryK; Feb 22, 2017 at 1:30 am
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dr. BRG
On the occasion of my first post, my latest BRG clam was denied because the associate said the attached screen shot didn't provide hotel name, dates, room type and rate AFTER taxes, which was a new one for me . . .
From my experience BRGs have always required a screenshot of the penultimate page before the booking is confirmed. This is generally the page where credit card details are entered. However . . .

Originally Posted by TerryK
You always need to compare against rates after taxes, nothing new. This is a change in documentation requirement, not T&C. BRG team seems to require screenshot of final payment page as proof of lower rate now.
But the form asks for rate details before taxes. And if a claim is successful, the pre-tax amount is what the 20% is deducted from.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danger
....But the form asks for rate details before taxes. And if a claim is successful, the pre-tax amount is what the 20% is deducted from.
I know that's on the BRG form which is confusing. For international properties, often Hyatt.com includes taxes while third party site excludes taxes. They can only be compared if both include taxes.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:12 pm

Strange rejection reason

I sent a claim on hyatt ziva in cancun yesterday with lower price found on easyclicktravel. The team reject the claim and giving the reason that the price on competing site is on a "promotion" of 54% off while hyatt site has a 50% off. Hence the two are considered different conditions

I am confused but both are immediately available and directly bookable since you do not need any additional procedure to trigger the "promotion"

Any thoughts?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jiapodou
I sent a claim on hyatt ziva in cancun yesterday with lower price found on easyclicktravel. The team reject the claim and giving the reason that the price on competing site is on a "promotion" of 54% off while hyatt site has a 50% off. Hence the two are considered different conditions

I am confused but both are immediately available and directly bookable since you do not need any additional procedure to trigger the "promotion"

Any thoughts?
Total BS. Resubmit or phone the clowns.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by jiapodou

Any thoughts?
Originally Posted by danger
Total BS. Resubmit or phone the clowns.
Resubmitting the claim won't make any difference: this is the new policy for Hyatt BRG, which seems to have been rolled out about a week ago.
Any 3rd party rate that contains the keyword "promotion", "flash sale", "special", etc are being automatically rejected now.
In other words, getting Hyatt BRG claims approved is REALLY difficult now.
The good days are over.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Resubmitting the claim won't make any difference: this is the new policy for Hyatt BRG, which seems to have been rolled out about a week ago.
Any 3rd party rate that contains the keyword "promotion", "flash sale", "special", etc are being automatically rejected now.
The good days are over.
Although not in the past few days I have had success with resubmitting.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:48 pm

this is the new policy for Hyatt BRG, which seems to have been rolled out about a week ago.
The good days are over.
Eh this is ridiculous why not shut down their whole BRG instead of creating frustrating customers.. BRG should be as simple as it is over at Starwood. Found a low rate with same terms? Great here's a 20% off with a well written customer friendly reply. No further discussion needed.

They truly care about their customers at Starwood and Marriott with their awesome BRG-program. I appreciate that and show my loyalty towards their hotels. Hyatt on the other hand is a third choice for me when choosing hotel. Have had some BRG-approvals recently at Hyatt but if above is the case I wish Hyatt good luck in the future with gathering loyal returning customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.