Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You should always book your BRG reservation on hyatt.com on a flexible basis, and let Hyatt insist (usually by asking you to call to confirm) that the reservation needs to be prepaid because the competing rate is prepaid.
Will Hyatt then help change my rate to a prepaid, or will I have to risk making a new (prepaid) booking and re-applying for the BRG?

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you have an existing prepaid booking from long ago, I think you'll find that Hyatt might point you to the T&Cs which say that the BRG claim needs to be made within 24 hours of the original booking.
My claim was approved (as per the email I received) even though the original booking was made weeks earlier. I assume that means I will be refunded?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Is Hoteltravel.com now on the approved competing website list?
The rate was not a membership rate which I stated clearly in my claim. Perhaps that's why it was approved?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by terpzone
Very first booking with Hyatt since they matched my status from Starwood.

Just had the Presidential Suite at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun approved via Orbitz.com

Price went from $840/night to $638.22/night.

Pretty stoked, especially after all of the Hyatt BRG stories I've read.

Also have 3 other rooms on the reservation that I just submitted claims for; was unaware you could put a rate for multiple rooms through. Total reservation started at $10,330-- hoping to get it below $8,500!

They also approved just in time to book today so I can get the $100 spa credit promo for credit card at checkin!
Had the remaining 3 rooms approved as well. Total price went from $10,300 to $7,855. Pretty happy about it!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by staff
Will Hyatt then help change my rate to a prepaid, or will I have to risk making a new (prepaid) booking and re-applying for the BRG?

My claim was approved (as per the email I received) even though the original booking was made weeks earlier. I assume that means I will be refunded?
Do you want to prepay??? If you don't then just book the Hyatt flexible rate and fill in the claim form.

You will either be denied or your claim will be accepted. If denied, you cancel your flexible booking. If accepted, the agent might just change the rate and leave the booking as flexible. Sometimes you are asked to call in - the agent will generally be looking to confirm that you're happy on a prepaid basis.

I think another poster said that you should expect a full refund of the prepaid amount, to be replaced in due course by a prepayment of the lower rate.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
hoteltravel.com still NOT valid. they said it is a membership website.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I'd be tempted to call and dispute that. It looks to me like any other website to book hotels.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I got the same reason for Amoma - will have to find the time to call in and argue
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:22 am

You claim will be successful if the rate isn't a "membership exclusive" one.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by price123
I got the same reason for Amoma - will have to find the time to call in and argue
Maybe an agent was unhappy to be working over New Year's? I also had an Amoma rejection, and that is generally my best source of flexible rate BRGs.

I would just re-submit the claim.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:59 pm

Some websites require you to print a voucher and present it at check-in. The voucher shows up immediately on the confirmation page.
According to BRG, this means the rate is not instantly confirmable because it is not valid until you present the voucher at the hotel. LOL.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:11 am

Park Hyatt Siem Reap
Dates: 3 nights in late March
Room Type: Park Twin (DSU'd to Park Suite)
Rate Type: Hyatt Daily Rate
Hyatt Price: 340 USD/night plus taxes and fees
Booking.com Price: 266 USD/night plus taxes and fees
Adjusted Price: 212.91 USD/night plus taxes and fees
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:15 am

Looks like Amoma still works for those that have been having issues with getting them approved lately:

Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Dates: 5 nights in early July
Room Type: Twin (No DSUs allowed at this hotel)
Rate Type: Cancellable
Hyatt Price: 34,200 JPY/night plus taxes and fees
Amoma.com Price: 25,919 JPY/night plus taxes and fees
Adjusted Price: 20,735.20 JPY/night plus taxes and fees

Wiki has been updated to reflect this.

Last edited by bjywong; Jan 4, 2016 at 9:17 am Reason: Wiki updated
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:00 pm

Park Hyatt Washington D.C.
Dates: 3 nights in early July
Room Type: Park Deluxe King
Rate Type: Cancellable (My Hyatt Rate)
Hyatt Price: $252 USD/night plus taxes and fees
Booking.com Price: $203/night plus taxes and fees
Adjusted Price: $162.67 USD/night plus taxes and fees + DSU to Park Suite
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
Park Hyatt Moscow
Dates: 3 nights in mid Feb
Room Type: Park King (DSU'd to Park Suite)
Rate Type: Luxury Weekend
Hyatt Price: 14830 RUB/night plus taxes and fees
Orbitz.com Price: 190 USD/night plus taxes and fees
Adjusted Price: 11311.12 RUB/night plus taxes and fees
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The Churchill - London

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Dates: 5 nights in January
Room Type: Single Room (DSU'd to Suite)
Rate Type: HDR
Hyatt Price: $478.50/night USD (when found on Jan 4th) includes VAT
Amoma.com Price: $341 USD/night includes VAT
Adjusted Price: $273.41/night USD includes VAT

Hyatt has now lowered their HDR to $440 on their website. The fact that I got to use my final DSU was a nice surprise as well!

The original rate of $478 is way too high for January in London so I am glad I got the BRG confirmed today. I am also asking for a renovated suite so I will report on the Churchill thread after my stay on room conditions, etc...very happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.