Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:13 pm

If you get a BRG on a room reserved for two-- say, a double room-- and a party of 3 shows up to check in, how will that be handled by Hyatt?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
If you get a BRG on a room reserved for two-- say, a double room-- and a party of 3 shows up to check in, how will that be handled by Hyatt?
I suspect the front desk will charge the same for the 3rd person as they would for any other stay. But it's safest to call the hotel and ask.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
I suspect the front desk will charge the same for the 3rd person as they would for any other stay. But it's safest to call the hotel and ask.
I really appreciate that quick reply.

Called the front desk, per your suggestion, and they said it was no problem. But the guest is actually my spouse, and the res is in my name. She's going out for a birthday outing with friends, while I watch the kids.

I've stayed at other chains using her number, and it was no problem to get the points from the stay. She is an AU on my Hyatt card, which she will use to pay; would you anticipate any issues with this? Obviously she will not be advertising the fact that the registered guest won't actually be staying this time. I've never actually tried this with Hyatt...
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
BRG Claim Approved - New Years Eve

Andaz Liverpool Street - London
Arrival Date: 31st December - 1 night stay
Room Type: Andaz Queen - B&B
Hyatt Rate: £329
British Airways Rate: £222
BRG Rate: £177.60

Pretty good for New Years Eve including Breakfast
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
BRG Claim Approved

Hyatt Pier 66 Fort Lauderdale
1 night Dec 22, 2015
Room Type: Marina King
Hyatt Rate: $117
Amoma.com Rate: $100.81
BRG rate: $90.81

My first response from Hyatt was denial due to not being able to view the screen shot attachment. Then minutes later a second email saying BRG was approved as they were able to verify the lower rate. It looks like they only discounted by 10%, but I'm going to leave well enough alone. I was interested to see how this claim would turn out since others have been denied using Amoma.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:00 pm

Amoma is and should be valid. They approved it, they are not going to rescind it. Just call back and politely mention you have an approved BRG but they adjusted the rate wrong, and tell them it should be X. I have had it happen before and its no big deal. No reason not to hold them to their own guarantee.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
Amoma is and should be valid. They approved it, they are not going to rescind it. Just call back and politely mention you have an approved BRG but they adjusted the rate wrong, and tell them it should be X. I have had it happen before and its no big deal. No reason not to hold them to their own guarantee.
IIRC this particular hotel has some oddly named rooms. I've had some issues getting my BRGs through here because of claims that the room types didn't match.

That said, they probably won't rescind your BRG but they might ask you to resubmit again. Or they might have compared to a different amoma rate that better matched the room type booked. Can't hurt to call, but for $10 on a 1-night stay maybe not an issue...
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Pier 66 FLL

Originally Posted by craigthemif
IIRC this particular hotel has some oddly named rooms. I've had some issues getting my BRGs through here because of claims that the room types didn't match.

That said, they probably won't rescind your BRG but they might ask you to resubmit again. Or they might have compared to a different amoma rate that better matched the room type booked. Can't hurt to call, but for $10 on a 1-night stay maybe not an issue...
Agree, it's like two properties in one with the motel-like Marina rooms and the main hotel tower. I always book the Marina King (entry level room) on Hyatt.com, but have always (several visits) have been upgraded to the tower (thanks to Platinum status, I'm assume). The rooms described on Amoma were very vague to the point you couldn't determine Marina from Tower. So I consider myself very lucky they didn't deny based on room comparisons not being apple-to-apple.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I'm new to BRG and I wanted to pass this by someone before I call in to Hyatt. I found Agoda rate for $107.98 (or 7,008.27 INR converted). This morning, I was approved for BRG and Hyatt emailed me:

Grand Hyatt Mumbai
Arrival Date: 02/10/2016
Departure Date: 02/13/2016
Number of guests: 2
Room Type:King
Rates:7205.41 INR per night

Their BRG is still HIGHER than Agoda. I don't get it. Am I missing something?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I'm new to BRG and I wanted to pass this by someone before I call in to Hyatt. I found Agoda rate for $107.98 (or 7,008.27 INR converted). This morning, I was approved for BRG and Hyatt emailed me:

Grand Hyatt Mumbai
Arrival Date: 02/10/2016
Departure Date: 02/13/2016
Room Type:King
Rates:7205.41 INR per night

Their BRG is still HIGHER than Agoda. I don't get it. Am I missing something?
So I called the Hyatt phone number on my BRG email. I told them I did not understand how they were coming up with the BRG since my new rate is still higher than the listed rate on Agoda. They recalculated:

Rate listed on Hyatt website: 12,000 INR per night
Rate listed on Agoda website: 7,007 INR per night (Hyatt rep the price has dropped even further since I sent my request in)
New BRG recalculated by Hyatt: 5595 INR per night

I'll take it. Never done this. Very happy.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
My first Hyatt BRG attempt and was able to get it on the second try. The first attempt they stated they were unable to view the attachments to the form, so I responded to the email with the attachments again and the claim was then approved.

Hyatt Destination: Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station
Arrival Date: 10/10/2015
Departure Date: 10/11/2015
Number of guests: 1
Room Type: King
Hyatt rate: $139
Hotels.com rate: $125
BRG rate: $100
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
www.hotelsclick.com

Submitted a claim using Hotelsclick and got the following reply:

"After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on reservations booked through Hotelsclick.com are not immediately bookable..."

"

Wiki updated.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I have some stories to add to the absurdity of the whole thing.

Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
          Originally Posted by danger
          I submitted multiple claims for different nights at the same property. Two were approved (ebookers.com) but the third was denied because "We did receive attachments with the claim from you; however, we were unable to view them". The absurd part? All three claims were submitted in PDF format and the same agent reviewed all three. Yep, the one agent could open two PDF files but couldn't open a third, all in the space of just 10 minutes.
          It seems to me that the agents do not even try to open the attached file before looking for the lower rate on the competing website themselves. So, it's likely that your claim was approved because the agent saw the lower rate - and therefore did not need to open the PDF file (which he probably wouldn't be able to do).

Another claim was denied: "I was unable to validate your submission based on our rates being the same please make sure to change the currency on the website so that you are viewing the rates in the hotels currency”. Yet the competing website was ebookers.com (prices in GBP; Hyatt property in EUR) and the agent above had no problem approving them.
          Always use the calculator found on Hyatt.com to compare rates. If the competing site is showing the price in GBP, for example, use GBP as the currency on the BRG claim form and include the quotes from Hyatt.com and the competing site. Personally I state the currency as a note.

One claim was denied and once again there was absolutely no discerning information in the email from Hyatt. There was no property name. There was no date of stay. There was no competing website. Absolutely nothing. So I had to call Hyatt to find out what claim the agent was referring to. The first question the agent asks, as usual, is 'Do you have a case number?' No. Never in all of my claims have I ever received a number, for approvals or denials. Never. Yet every time I call to discuss one that's the first question I'm asked. I mentioned this to the agent and she said that as a matter of course denial emails do not have that information. Yet from my experience that's not true. About 30% of the time refusal email do contain pertinent information. What's more, less than two hours after receiving this particular refusal I receive another refusal but with details of the stay.
          Look at the bottom of the email: There's a code/number starting with "Ref:" - and that's what they need.

I agree that it's absurd that emails regarding refusals do not mention the property in question or all other relevant information.
          Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
          Hyatt Destination: Hyatt Hyderabad
          Room Type: King
          Hyatt rate: INR 5240
          Hotels.com rate: INR 4973
          BRG rate: INR 3979

The best part was the claim could not be validated as the prices had changed by then and they asked to send the screenshot again. They approved the claim after I emailed them the screen shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.