Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you cant solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of Consumer Affairs and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:00 pm

The Concourse Hotel at LAX 20NOV one night stay
Hyatt.com $135
Agoda.com $99
BRG adjusted rate $79
Confirmed within 24 hrs
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
I just got a no-go with Esyclicktravel "...since the rate on Easyclicktravel.com is "On Request" and is not immediately bookable".

At least twice in the past I had claims approved with this site and it is listed as an acceptable site on the wiki - so at this point I don't want to change the wiki and just putting here as a data point for others.

Worth noting that some reservations on Easyclicktravel do have an "on request" status when booking. It's in the FAQ on the site.
Right, I've used Easyclicktravel in the past (not for BRG, not for Hyatt), and On Request bookings sometimes get confirmed, but sometimes not. So it's entirely fair for Hyatt to reject these cases.

Hopefully they still accept ECT for BRG when the Hyatt is showing as Available.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Any thoughts on how many BRG you can claim for a certain hotel, or per day?

So far I did over 10 in the past week and all have been approved so far..
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I've been submitting PDF screenshots. A couple of days ago a got an approval for one and an 'unable to open screenshot' for another, eight minutes apart, from the same agent.

I was also denied for hoteling.com (membership site).

And I have two submitted 27 and 37 hours ago with no response.

Originally Posted by LVO
Any thoughts on how many BRG you can claim for a certain hotel, or per day?

So far I did over 10 in the past week and all have been approved so far..
There is no maximum. It would be helpful if you could name the sites you are having success with and update the Wiki accordingly.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can I book more than one rooms with one BRG approval? There is no multiple room option on BRG form that I can find.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by TerryK
Can I book more than one rooms with one BRG approval? There is no multiple room option on BRG form that I can find.
I just submit the same form twice with different Hyatt reservation numbers
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by price123
I just submit the same form twice with different Hyatt reservation numbers
Think you'll get the same answer?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
So far, I hate to say that I believe Hyatt's BRG is a scam. Is there any appeal process? I submitted two BRGs where the competing site clearly offers instant confirmation, yet was rejected on both because the agent (same agent in Omaha for both) apparently can't read.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
So far, I hate to say that I believe Hyatt's BRG is a scam. Is there any appeal process? I submitted two BRGs where the competing site clearly offers instant confirmation, yet was rejected on both because the agent (same agent in Omaha for both) apparently can't read.
Reply to the email address you got the denial from. And resubmit through the web form. Different agents routinely give different answers, including different reasons for denials, in my experience.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Thanks, I'll try that. I have great hopes for Hyatt and I'd hate for them to get shot down this early.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:52 pm

There are certain sites which offer "instant confirmation" but are nonetheless denied by Hyatt.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Have read through this thread a bit and would like to you a bit of my experience with Hyatt and my BRG request.

I submitted a BRG-request last friday evening. The agent responded after 23 hours on saturday and approved the better price and website but he couldn't see the deal was including breakfast even if the print screen I attached with the form from Hyatt.com clearly showed the price was including breakfast.

Have replied three times by then with another two different screen shots which says breakfast is included in the price. Still no respond after their first email from saturday. Called them on monday and a lady said my BRG claim was in their queue but she couldn't do anything from her side because these BRG-claims take up too much of their time and administration by phone. No problem but please hire more people to answer your email from your customers?

Hyatt has still hasn't responded back since saturday and I feel this is really ruining my Hyatt experience of being a first class hotel chain. I had great respect for Hyatt before but I'm greatly disappointed in how slow Hyatt respons to this matter or if they delete my emails. Will save about 1000$ with this deal so I'm not giving up, but this is taking up too much of my private time.
The deal is still there with the same price and including breakfast but I can't personally guarantee how many days it's going to last.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Have read through this thread a bit and would like to you a bit of my experience with Hyatt and my BRG request.

I submitted a BRG-request last friday evening. The agent responded after 23 hours on saturday and approved the better price and website but he couldn't see the deal was including breakfast even if the print screen I attached with the form from Hyatt.com clearly showed the price was including breakfast.

Have replied three times by then with another two different screen shots which says breakfast is included in the price. Still no respond after their first email from saturday. Called them on monday and a lady said my BRG claim was in their queue but she couldn't do anything from her side because these BRG-claims take up too much of their time and administration by phone. No problem but please hire more people to answer your email from your customers?

Hyatt has still hasn't responded back since saturday and I feel this is really ruining my Hyatt experience of being a first class hotel chain. I had great respect for Hyatt before but I'm greatly disappointed in how slow Hyatt respons to this matter or if they delete my emails. Will save about 1000$ with this deal so I'm not giving up, but this is taking up too much of my private time.
The deal is still there with the same price and including breakfast but I can't personally guarantee how many days it's going to last.
If it gets approved with breakfast then you will be lucky. The BRG T&Cs clearly state that the competitor's rate must be room only; no extras will be matched. Indeed, to have a competitor's rate that included breakfast even assessed, let alone approved, is a success in itself as that shouldn't have happened (putting aside the fact we all know about Hyatt's BRG - it's a roulette).
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by danger
If it gets approved with breakfast then you will be lucky. The BRG T&Cs clearly state that the competitor's rate must be room only; no extras will be matched. Indeed, to have a competitor's rate that included breakfast even assessed, let alone approved, is a success in itself as that shouldn't have happened (putting aside the fact we all know about Hyatt's BRG - it's a roulette).
The Hyatt rep. I talked you by phone said the same thing but the deal must be the same as Hyatt offers. So if Hyatt offers bed and breakfast then the deal must offer the same. The actual Hyatt hotel does offer breakfast through Advanced purchase Bed and breakfast and that's the deal I'm comparing it too.
Further she said my claim was correct and everything looked fine and that I should wait for the agent to respond.

By selling _both_ Bed and breakfast and Room Only and finding the same on a competitive site you'll be automatically disqualified? The guarantee should be valid for both as the title Best Rate Guarantee says. I'm not sure if a court would approve of this marketing as it's a bit misleading for the customer. It's not called Best Rate Room Only Guarantee. It's called Best Rate Guarantee. Whatever the T/C says.

Last edited by joakgarp; Dec 1, 2015 at 8:21 am
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joakgarp
The Hyatt rep. I talked you by phone said the same thing but the deal must be the same as Hyatt offers. So if Hyatt offers bed and breakfast then the deal must offer the same. The actual Hyatt hotel does offer breakfast through Advanced purchase Bed and breakfast and that's the deal I'm comparing it too.
Further she said my claim was correct and everything looked fine and that I should wait for the agent to respond.

By selling _both_ Bed and breakfast and Room Only and finding the same on a competitive site you'll be automatically disqualified? The guarantee should be valid for both as the title Best Rate Guarantee says. I'm not sure if a court would approve of this marketing as it's a bit misleading for the customer. It's not called Best Rate Room Only Guarantee. It's called Best Rate Guarantee. Whatever the T/C says.
I've had agents approve claims along the lines of your situation. However, that's luck. The T&Cs state it must be a "room-only rate [sic]". The third dot point of the T&Cs also says inclusions are out.

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/...en&language=en

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.