Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:43 pm

"We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and happy to be of assistance regarding your Best Rate Guarantee submission. After researching, I was unable to validate your claim based on Despegar.com using a voucher as form of confirmation. Any third party site that provides you a voucher as confirmation is not valid for our Best Rate Guarantee."

there was no voucher to use... am I missing something here?
I'm thinking just trying again the same form and hoping I get someone else
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:28 pm

Question Hyatt BRG for non-refundable stays?

Hey guys. I was reading some guides re BRG and it recommends booking a refundable stay and then submitting a BRG claim. I saw some stays at the hotel I want to stay in for a lower price on the OTAs but it was for a non-refundable rate. I then checked hyatt and found the advanced purchase non-refundable rate was still higher. Can I submit a BRG and have it approved for this? If so how would it work?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by switchyj
"We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and happy to be of assistance regarding your Best Rate Guarantee submission. After researching, I was unable to validate your claim based on Despegar.com using a voucher as form of confirmation. Any third party site that provides you a voucher as confirmation is not valid for our Best Rate Guarantee."

there was no voucher to use... am I missing something here?
I'm thinking just trying again the same form and hoping I get someone else
If you read the fine print on their website or FAQs, I'm pretty sure you will find that despegar.com will send an e-mail confirmation with a voucher attached.

Entirely unnecessary, since very few hotels will ask for it. But enough to disqualify the site for BRGs.

Feel free to try again though...
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-wiki-121.html

There's a thread dedicated to Best Rate Guarantees.

If fact, the OP doesn't need to start 3 or 4 threads for the same 7 nights needed in Indonesia on a diamond challenge issue.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:46 pm

if fact i wasn't aware diamond challenge was associated to or required a brg?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What the hell does this mean?
After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on the reservation having been made more than 24 hours ago.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by danger
What the hell does this mean?
After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on the reservation having been made more than 24 hours ago.
It means they waited a while so they'd have a reason to deny your claim.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
It means they waited a while so they'd have a reason to deny your claim.
Haha
Sorry but that's lame when they actually guarantee a 24h answer
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Haha
Sorry but that's lame when they actually guarantee a 24h answer
I just don't get it.

As far as I'm aware there's no stipulation that a reservation must have been made in the previous 24 hours of lodging the BRG, unless you're existing reservation is AP. My initial reservation reservation was made months ago and is not AP.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just don't get it.

As far as I'm aware there's no stipulation that a reservation must have been made in the previous 24 hours of lodging the BRG, unless you're existing reservation is AP. My initial reservation reservation was made months ago and is not AP.
Hang on:
If you find a publicly available and immediately bookable room-only rate on the Internet for a Hyatt hotel ("Competing Rate") that is lower than the room rate available for the same reservation on http://www.hyatt.com (i.e., same hotel, same type of room, same number of guests, same dates of stay and same length of stay), then within 24 hours of booking the reservation on http://www.hyatt.com, please submit your claim request online via our online claim form.
Have the T&Cs changed? According to this you may only ever make a claim within 24 hours of making the initial reservation? I have made a tonne of claims outside of the 24 hour period.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:51 am

hey guys. does anyone know if brg stays count towards the diamond challenge or the sweet dreams promo? thanks!!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by corzlite
hey guys. does anyone know if brg stays count towards the diamond challenge or the sweet dreams promo? thanks!!
they do
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Hang on:
If you find a publicly available and immediately bookable room-only rate on the Internet for a Hyatt hotel ("Competing Rate") that is lower than the room rate available for the same reservation on http://www.hyatt.com (i.e., same hotel, same type of room, same number of guests, same dates of stay and same length of stay), then within 24 hours of booking the reservation on http://www.hyatt.com, please submit your claim request online via our online claim form.
Have the T&Cs changed? According to this you may only ever make a claim within 24 hours of making the initial reservation? I have made a tonne of claims outside of the 24 hour period.
Some agents require the reservation be made within 24 hours prior to sending a claim and some don't.

However making it within the 24 hours protects you as far as what happens to the Hyatt rate and inventory should it change during the time it takes the agent to process your BRG.

If you follow the rule the agent must take the Hyatt rate on your reservation and it's one less thing to worry about.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:20 am

" I was unable to validate your submission as it seems the rates have changed on the third party website. We did receive attachments with the claim from you; however, we were unable to view them"

Hyatt's BGR is the biggest joke I've heard of..
I submitted the claim 8hours ago, with a price match on Kayak.com, and checked again after receiving their email, NOTHING changed.
Hyatt's rates are same as when I submitted.
Kayak's rates are same as when I submitted.
The Screenshot I attached (jpeg) show clearly kayak's rates.

and obviously, there don't answer to their email ([email protected], been days I followed up with a previous claim, still no answer), and don't deal with the claims by phone either.

they vehemently refuse to honor their best price policy, it's really frustrating.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
" I was unable to validate your submission as it seems the rates have changed on the third party website. We did receive attachments with the claim from you; however, we were unable to view them"

Hyatt's BGR is the biggest joke I've heard of..
I submitted the claim 8hours ago, with a price match on Kayak.com, and checked again after receiving their email, NOTHING changed.
Hyatt's rates are same as when I submitted.
Kayak's rates are same as when I submitted.
The Screenshot I attached (jpeg) show clearly kayak's rates.

and obviously, there don't answer to their email ([email protected], been days I followed up with a previous claim, still no answer), and don't deal with the claims by phone either.

they vehemently refuse to honor their best price policy, it's really frustrating.
Call. I've had them fix stuff over the phone when the agent claimed to not be able to view the attachment or something change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.