Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:32 am

Just signed up for the corporate challenge. For WoH credit card holders, does anyone know if the qualifying nights (2x nights for each $5,000 spend) are apple for this promo?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by jehova
Just signed up for the corporate challenge. For WoH credit card holders, does anyone know if the qualifying nights (2x nights for each $5,000 spend) are apple for this promo?
They never have in the past.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by MedTekni
Will you be recognized as a explorist on the first stay even though it says just member on my account still (it seems like it activates after the first stay)?

Tried asking them on chat but they were just confused..
If it activates after the first stay, then no.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:07 am

I'm planning my 20-night corporate challenge, which is doable but close to the 90 day limit so I was wondering:
1) Does signing up activate the challenge immediately? If I have a stay on Sept 1st, should I activate the morning of Sept 1st?
2) I will have a 7-night stay that will put me over the 20 required nights for Globalist, but it will straddle the 90 days. Do I need to do anything special to make sure the first 3 nights gets credited as part of the challenge before the 90 days is over, like make separate reservations and checkout before the 90 days to get it credited? It would also be nice to have some globalist benefits applied to the second half of the stay. Is this possible?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:10 am

1) starts on first night so you can sign up whenever
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:11 am

You get status on first stay, confirmed by Hyatt

Originally Posted by js1993
If it activates after the first stay, then no.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by loganseatac
I'm planning my 20-night corporate challenge, which is doable but close to the 90 day limit so I was wondering:
1) Does signing up activate the challenge immediately? If I have a stay on Sept 1st, should I activate the morning of Sept 1st?
2) I will have a 7-night stay that will put me over the 20 required nights for Globalist, but it will straddle the 90 days. Do I need to do anything special to make sure the first 3 nights gets credited as part of the challenge before the 90 days is over, like make separate reservations and checkout before the 90 days to get it credited? It would also be nice to have some globalist benefits applied to the second half of the stay. Is this possible?
Re: #2, neither of those will work. You must check out before the deadline AND have at least one day before the start of your next stay at the same hotel. Otherwise, the system will merge them into one stay and it won’t get credited until after the deadline passes.
loganseatac likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:15 am

You get status on first stay, confirmed by Hyatt
That makes no sense, if the challenge (and status upgrade) doesn’t get triggered until after the first checkout. How is the property supposed to know? Or are you talking about retroactive status, e.g., higher bonus points but no on-site benefits?

Regardless, Explorist doesn’t yield much, so keep expectations low.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:23 am

If i remember correctly the 90 day qualifing period starts after checking out, there is no mention of status upgrade in that wording.

They said that the hotel will see the booking as explorist, chatted with 2 ppl which confirmed the same.

That makes no sense, if the challenge (and status upgrade) doesn’t get triggered until after the first checkout. How is the property supposed to know? Or are you talking about retroactive status, e.g., higher bonus points but no on-site benefits?

Regardless, Explorist doesn’t yield much, so keep expectations low.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
1) starts on first night so you can sign up whenever
When I spoke with Hyatt support on Twitter to confirm my enrollment in this they said it was 90 days after enrollment, NOT first stay. I even had them give me a deadline which was 90 days after my sign up. To be safe, I would finish all your nights after you sign up.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:25 am

If i remember correctly the 90 day period starts after checking out, there is no mention of status upgrade in that wording.

They said that the hotel will see the booking as explorist, chatted with 2 ppl which confirmed the same.
What does your account show? You had reported above that your account still showed as Member after signing up for the challenge.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Cometstar
When I spoke with Hyatt support on Twitter to confirm my enrollment in this they said it was 90 days after enrollment, NOT first stay. I even had them give me a deadline which was 90 days after my sign up. To be safe, I would finish all your nights after you sign up.
  • Enjoy Explorist status for 90 days. Note: the 90-day trial period begins when you check out for the first time after registering. Night(s) from the first stay will count in the offer
Its pretty clear on the site?

What does your account show? You had reported above that your account still showed as Member after signing up for the challenge.
My status just said member, thats why I wanted to know since I was considering starting the challenge a few days ago, which I did not end up doing. Ofcourse someone in Hyatt can be incorrect but thats the info I got.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
  • Enjoy Explorist status for 90 days. Note: the 90-day trial period begins when you check out for the first time after registering. Night(s) from the first stay will count in the offer
Sorry I thought you were referring to getting globalist
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:40 am

My status just said member, thats why I wanted to know since I was considering starting the challenge a few days ago, which I did not end up doing. Ofcourse someone in Hyatt can be incorrect but thats the info I got.
The info. you just posted above (in bold) says the opposite, doesn't it?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy platinum
Originally Posted by Cometstar
I was told the exact opposite on chat with Hyatt. I have 90 days to stay 20 nights AFTER the first stay. So one is really staying 21 nights to keep their globalist status through 2023. Below I pasted a copy of the chat. The part that's important is after the agent joins the conversation. M stands for Melissa, the agent. As you will read she contradicted herself also. Try to chat and get it in writing. This promo is a mess even for their agents. Hope it helps )

Melissa Replied just now \\*1. \ r\.,, \o\\ Chat Started Clocko4:29 PM System lcon .system-svg-bg{fill:none;} Thank you for contacting Hyatt. A colleague will be with you momentarily. System lcon .system-svg-bg{fill:none;} At the end o1'the chat, please consider taking a brief survey on your chat experience. A survey link will be provided. Systeim lcon .system-svg-bg{fill:none;} All colleagues are currently assisting other guests, your chat wiill be answered by the next available colleague. System lcon .system-svg-bg{fill: none;} There are currently more than 5 people in the queue. System lcon .system-svg-bg{fill:none;} Thank you for holding. Your chat will be answered by the next available colleague. System lcon .system-svg -bg{fill: none;} There are currently 4 people ahead of you in the queue. System lcon .system-svg-bg{fill:norre;} Thank you for holding. Your chat will be answered by the next available colleague. System Icon .system-svg -bg{fill:norre;} You are the next person in queue

Agent has joined the conversation A Guest lnquiry: ====> I want to clarify details of a promotion that I am enrolled in. I have spoken to three different people and I have gotten three different answers about the 20 nights that I need to complete. My Hyatt number is ________ My name is ______ System lcon .system-svg-bg{fill:none;} Hi, my name is Melissa. Hi

M Hello. One moment, please. Thank you

M I show you registered July 19, 2022, for the promotion. Yes, I have been told three different rules For this promotion. M You have 90 days to try to complete the promotion. I have been told I have 90 days to complete from the date I enrolled. ! have been told I have till February 28,2023 to get 20 Stays from the date I enrolled. M You have to stay 4 eligible nights to achieve Discoverist 10 eligible nights for Explorist and 20 eligible nights for Globalist. I have also been told I have 90 days from my first checkout after I enrolled to stay 20 times to complete the promotion M Not this prornotion. It starts the day you sign up. l'm not questioning when it starts. I know it starts the day I signed up but I have gotten three different answers on how long one has to complete the 20 nights stay. M You have 90 days from the day you sign up for the promotion. Melissa, please check with your supervisor to confirm because t've been told I have to complete my 20 nights from the first check out day after enrolling and l've also been told that I have till February 28, 2023 to complete my 20 stays. Please confirm because everybody I talk to has a different answer and I'm so confused.
M After completing registration, the first stay will start the promotion period and member has 90 days from this first stay's checkout date to complete the required nights. Any stay activity that took place prior to the registration will not count toward the promotion.

OK that's a little bit different than what you first said. could you please look at my account? I believe my first stay after I've registered for the promotion will be August 25 is that correct?

M Yes that is what I show in your account. So to confirm I have 90 days from August 25 to stay 20 nights in order to qualify for globalists again next year?
M It will start at the check out of that stay. And I have 90 days after that check out to stay 19 more times in order to qualify for globalists again next year. is that correct? It is not 90 days from the start of enrollment as I was told before is that correct?

M No. That first stay will not count towards the promotion. It will start with the following stay. wait the first stay on August 25 does not count as my first night? M No that does not count. lt will start after the check out of that stay, so the following stay will count as your first stay. OK, so it's really 21 nights. This is a new one this is now the fourth different rule I've been told. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. M member has 90 days from this first stay's checkout date to complete the required nights.

Ok. How do I print this chat or have an email to me? M I cannot email chats.

l'm sorry I can't seem to find a print button on the screen

M I am sorry. I cannot email. you might be able to take a screenshot. That is a good idea but the chat is too long and I would have to take so many screenshots. I'll try to highlight it and copy Thank you very much Melissa. I hope you're right!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.