Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
MHC confirmed the first night does count.
Thanks for clarifying this. There’s been so much confusion regarding whether first night counts or not.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:43 am

I am currently Globalist and have been told I'm eligible for the 20-night promotion, no corporate affiliation. I have a 21 night stay in Japan at the end of March, beginning of April (hoping Japan will open up!). There's so much confusion about the 1st night counting, and other T&C's, but I'm more concerned about when the nights must be finished. If I enroll in the promotion by the end of November and, as an example, have my 1st check-out on January 15th, will my Japan nights fulfill the 20 night requirement (assuming my trip ends before 4/15)?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:43 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SBJohn
I am currently Globalist and have been told I'm eligible for the 20-night promotion, no corporate affiliation. I have a 21 night stay in Japan at the end of March, beginning of April (hoping Japan will open up!). There's so much confusion about the 1st night counting, and other T&C's, but I'm more concerned about when the nights must be finished. If I enroll in the promotion by the end of November and, as an example, have my 1st check-out on January 15th, will my Japan nights fulfill the 20 night requirement (assuming my trip ends before 4/15)?
There seems to be at least a couple of different challenges running right now. At least one of them has to be completed by 28 Feb 2023. You should carefully review the T&Cs of the specific challenge you intend to sign up for to determine the end date.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by SBJohn
That's 8 months from now. Highly unlikely it's within the challenge dates.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Called this number today around 4.30pm CST..+1 800 544 9288

Hit 3 for the WOH account inquiry option.

Nice lady picked up the phone, I inquired about getting signed up for the Quick Qualify Challenge/Promotion.
She asked for my WOH number, name, email. Verified everything, and she said she needed to transfer me to a supervisor.
Next thing I know, another nice lady answered, explained to me the rules of the promotion.
10N to Discoverist, additional 10N more to Globallist.
She had to stress and repeat this, the challenge will only start counting after the date of check out of my 1st stay.
There is no where I can verify my challenge status but call and check back with them at any time.
If it matters, I'm only a lowly Explorist with only 21 nights so far, so finishing up the 20N to globalist will cut short my 19N in total.

Thanks everyone for the info here!
js1993 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by exploreaswego
Called this number today around 4.30pm CST..+1 800 544 9288

Hit 3 for the WOH account inquiry option.

Nice lady picked up the phone, I inquired about getting signed up for the Quick Qualify Challenge/Promotion.
She asked for my WOH number, name, email. Verified everything, and she said she needed to transfer me to a supervisor.
Next thing I know, another nice lady answered, explained to me the rules of the promotion.
10N to Discoverist, additional 10N more to Globallist.
She had to stress and repeat this, the challenge will only start counting after the date of check out of my 1st stay.
There is no where I can verify my challenge status but call and check back with them at any time.
If it matters, I'm only a lowly Explorist with only 21 nights so far, so finishing up the 20N to globalist will cut short my 19N in total.

Thanks everyone for the info here!
This is consistent with what I was told. But I also asked about the WoH credit card (which I just signed up for but haven’t received yet). Interestingly, I was told that the automatic 5 elite qualifying nights you receive upon account opening count towards the 20. This almost too good to be true, especially since I could get an additional 4 nights just by spending 10k in the first month or two. Any reason to question this guidance?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Ripcordaff
This is consistent with what I was told. But I also asked about the WoH credit card (which I just signed up for but haven’t received yet). Interestingly, I was told that the automatic 5 elite qualifying nights you receive upon account opening count towards the 20. This almost too good to be true, especially since I could get an additional 4 nights just by spending 10k in the first month or two. Any reason to question this guidance?
Yes, because it's never been true in the past. Don't count on them counting.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:05 pm

Who to contact

Who and how (call? General number or globalist line) to register for "non corporate affiliated" challenge.
currently have globalist through 2/23 but will definitely fall short of 60 nights to requalify. Had asked MHC if eligible and told from what she saw i wasnt targeted. Lately she hasnt been that helpful w offerings (point transfers taking extra time as well as not being pulled for upcoming stays that could potentially be cancelled).
have an upcoming vacation which will earn 13 nights at 4 properties in a week which will make dent in 20 night requirement. Can easily easily least 7 nights with the 90 days to top off not even using double night credit at AI properties.
Who should i contact to get this offer and exactly how to wird this request? Is it called a globalist challenge or fast track or something else.
TIA
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:27 pm

I also was wondering, Twitter basically told me "only some people are targeted so follow your email instructions" and Globalist phone agent told me she saw it initially but that when she tried to add it to my account it doesn't apply because I'm currently Globalist. Happy to call again but just trying to see exactly how to phrase it.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:34 am

Can confirm that first night of first stay counts. Hit my 10th night yesterday and got explorist today.
rcch0 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:34 pm

Does staying 20 nights under this challenge get you Globalist lite or full Globalist with a concierge?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Does staying 20 nights under this challenge get you Globalist lite or full Globalist with a concierge?
Officially, Lite, but some who re-qualified this way last year kept their concierge.
iluvdoco and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Any idea if points nights count?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: WOH Glob
Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Any idea if points nights count?
always have for similar promos.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:23 am

Points nights definitely count, as does the first stay to activate the challenge. What doesn’t count (despite what I was originally told by two different reps) is EQNs from the WoH card. As I suspected, that would be too good to be true, and a supervisor confirmed that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.