Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old Aug 16, 2021, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
China always have something that spoils the market...where people earn their status the honest way..
And how is taking advantage of an official offer by Hyatt, registering via the hotels' sales department themselves dishonest?

You should just protest by not staying at any Hyatt hotels again I guess?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
China always have something that spoils the market...where people earn their status the honest way..
Gaming promotions and loyalty programs is the raison d'tre of this entire forum. Is it only dishonest when people from a certain country do it?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Plat, Marriot Plat
Any clue how this offer will combine with the new World of Hyatt Credit Card offer: "Apply by 9/30/21 and receive 2 Tier-Qualifying Night credits for each night you stay from 8/16/21 to 12/31/21."? If those 2 Tier-Qualfying Night credits stack with this challenge, getting Globalist will be a breeze.Apply by 9/30/21 and receive 2 Tier-Qualifying Night credits for each night you stay from 8/16/21 to 12/31/21.v
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by whitecastle
Any clue how this offer will combine with the new World of Hyatt Credit Card offer: "Apply by 9/30/21 and receive 2 Tier-Qualifying Night credits for each night you stay from 8/16/21 to 12/31/21."? If those 2 Tier-Qualfying Night credits stack with this challenge, getting Globalist will be a breeze.Apply by 9/30/21 and receive 2 Tier-Qualifying Night credits for each night you stay from 8/16/21 to 12/31/21.v
In theory only your actual nights stayed will count. The terms of any challenges exclude bonus nights and nights received from means other than actual stays (e.g. WOH CC annual 5 nights).
whitecastle likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 9:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I contacted a hyatt I am booked with and they said they signed me up for this offer but when I check my account my status remains unchanged so I am not convinced. I guess I can speak to someone when I am on the property to follow-up.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:22 pm

In the same boat as you. I asked and was told that I would not "see" it in my account. I doubt that I was actually signed up for anything.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by amybd
In the same boat as you. I asked and was told that I would not "see" it in my account. I doubt that I was actually signed up for anything.
That's why I'm just staying the entire 30 nights and not depending on some person to do what they stated they would do and not do it.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by amybd
I got explorist on my app when I was signed up but nothing else. I did email Hyatt and they confirmed I was signed up.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
I got explorist on my app when I was signed up but nothing else. I did email Hyatt and they confirmed I was signed up.
I still show as discoverist on my app.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
> deleted <

Last edited by flyinryan; Aug 29, 2021 at 12:06 pm
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Figured Id add my experiencesaw this promo yesterday morning and emailed all the properties Im booked with and the one I just completed a stay at this weekend (Im very new to Hyatt).

In order of response:

1. Hotel 50 Bowery NYC: got a super nice from the GM, but said that he was not able to add it and advised me to call global reservations. He said that he thought it was only valid for certain corporate accounts, and asked if I knew if my company was participating.

2. Hyatt Place Orlando Airport: wasnt expecting a reply at all from a Hyatt Place, but the sales manager did reply and she congratulated me for meeting the minimum stay requirement (?) and that a sales rep would from WoH customer service would be contacting me shortly. Havent heard anything from them.

3. Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress: I just checked out of here yesterday and figured it was my best chance and I think I was right. It took some digging to find their emailI emailed Hyatt Concierge and they sent me their email. I emailed the hotel and a few hours later I got a reply from the leisure sales manager saying he was given my information. I sent him the promo details and I just got a email saying Good News! I was able to submit your registration request. Our Global Contact Center will review the application and make a determination in 7 business days. You will receive an email when the tier upgrade is complete.

Im hoping this worksit seems once the request is submitted it seems to go thru in a day or two for most people who have success here?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
With this challenge, would the qualifying nights from spending on the WoH card count towards the 20 nights?
GTITAN likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by auorab
With this challenge, would the qualifying nights from spending on the WoH card count towards the 20 nights?
I did the AA challenge using my EP status and made Globalist and got the WOH Credit Card and the 5 nights ddid not count toward my Globalist status.

Safe Travels
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I checked out yesterday and completed 30 nights. How many days does it take usually to post globalist status?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:59 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I checked out yesterday and completed 30 nights. How many days does it take usually to post globalist status?
as soon as the nights post to your account, you should at least see the status in your profile. If I recall correctly, an email should follow a day later.

so you should see the status today after Noon PT.
Global Adventurer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.