Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2021, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Register by November 30th and enjoy an instant upgrade to Explorist through December 31st 2021, meanwhile:
  • Stay 10 nights to keep the Explorist status, or
  • Stay 20 nights for an upgrade to Globalist

Similar to the AA challenge but more generous, as everyone can participate and the Explorist trial / challenge window is longer.

Note that you must talk to the sales department of a Hyatt hotel to sign up. I asked Andaz London Liverpool Street as I'd recently stayed there, and they were happy to help. I could see my status changed from Member to Explorist the second day.
Ludwig1992 and jongesander like this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Considering that it's 15 night to Explorist and 30 nights to Globalist in 2021 anyhow, this doesn't help much.

Sure, you get a few more bonus points from being Explorist along the way. But it also means that the next time you need a Hyatt fast track, the answer might be "you've already had one"...
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Considering that it's 15 night to Explorist and 30 nights to Globalist in 2021 anyhow, this doesn't help much.

Sure, you get a few more bonus points from being Explorist along the way. But it also means that the next time you need a Hyatt fast track, the answer might be "you've already had one"...
It says Globalist until Feb 2023.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Enough. I am officially in favor of Hyatt shutting the door at this point.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by buzglyd
It says Globalist until Feb 2023.
If you do 30 nights in 2021 you are Globalist until February 2023.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Enough. I am officially in favor of Hyatt shutting the door at this point.
20 nights to Globalist is irrelevant for most. The "gamers" already did the 15 nights doubled back in Jan/Feb, plus the usual credit card tricks.

You could probably count on one hand the number of new Globalists who would never have contemplated staying 30 nights but suddenly decide that 20 nights is worthwhile.

If this fast track comes back in 2022 then I'd agree with you...
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:05 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
This is the same Globalist fast track that Hyatt offered to corporations and employees (but the time frame is way less restrictive). Even our fam biz was given the ability to extend this fast track and we were not giving Hyatt any serious amount of business in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t think these dilute Globalist that much. Biggest dilution is Guest of Honor by far. Even with Hyatt trying to tighten the use of that perk, it is gamed and sold a lot.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:56 am

Hyatt depends on the business of high elites to fund the perks of the various levels, including Globalist. They will seek the number of Globalists they need to keep the program viable and I support that effort. Virtually no one will experience “dilution” of their benefits because of these promotions.
writetorich likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Is this targeted? I haven’t seen this elsewhere. It sounds like you need a hotel to sponsor you?

When do the stays have to be completed? I am already explorist, and will soon hit 30 nights, but would love to be globalist now rather than a month from now….
Old Jul 18, 2021, 11:59 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Is this targeted? I haven’t seen this elsewhere. It sounds like you need a hotel to sponsor you?

When do the stays have to be completed? I am already explorist, and will soon hit 30 nights, but would love to be globalist now rather than a month from now….
If it's like the corporate status match, only stays/nights completed after registration will count. So even if you sign up right now, you would still hit Globalist more quickly through the 30 night reduced EQN requirement.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by craigthemif
20 nights to Globalist is irrelevant for most. The "gamers" already did the 15 nights doubled back in Jan/Feb, plus the usual credit card tricks.

You could probably count on one hand the number of new Globalists who would never have contemplated staying 30 nights but suddenly decide that 20 nights is worthwhile.

If this fast track comes back in 2022 then I'd agree with you...
Hyatt may be doing a few things here: 1) targeting folks who may have had non-buyers remorse for not going after the 15 nights doubled earlier, 2) testing to see if they re-open yet another path to Globalist beyond the 30 nights threshold with the remainder of the year and 3) seeing if they can tempt others, including newly stood up business travelers, to commit to a 20 night run for the remainder of the year.

David
Old Jul 18, 2021, 12:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
It has tempted me, I have stayed 2 nights already, and have just emailed my last hotel to see if they can access it. If not I have a stay coming up at the Andaz London but would like to try and get the previous stays credited - long shot I know!

Thanks for sharing.

aks120
Old Jul 18, 2021, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm starting to think that WOH is viewing tier levels as just names to flatter people, with the more valuable benefits being tied to the number of nights. The Glob breakfast would be an exception as that can be valuable in hotels that don't five free breakfast to all or to all WOH members, including those without status.
writetorich, HPN-HRL and cfabar1 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm starting to think that WOH is viewing tier levels as just names to flatter people, with the more valuable benefits being tied to the number of nights.
Not another glob lite/milestone rewards debate, please..
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I already have a 30 night stay booked in June to get globalist level. I'll talk to a sales manager and see if I could get globalist for only 20 of those nights. Not holding my breath, but I'll definitely look into it. If it sounds shaky I'll stay the entire 30 nights.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:50 am

Yeah the current offer to Explorists is kinda silly. An Explorist likely has 10 nights already. Now if they offered Globalist status to Explorists during the challenge then that might be far more useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.