Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:16 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Stilllwater OK (SWO)
Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Posts: 1,861
20 nights in ~5 months isn't nearly as generous as the other sorts of offers (within Hyatt and other travel programs) to try to maintain a pocket of elites this year. Heck, it isn't that different than the promo in 2017 (I think?) that got be fast-tracked from nothing to globalist within a few months.

Certainly might bring some old and new coporate travellers that are starting (back) up from a year and a half of nothing.
MarkOK is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:16 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NJ
Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 543
Has anyone else besides OP been able to get this status match? I reached out to the sales department at the Hyatt I usually go to via e-mail and haven't heard back. I'll be there this Saturday so I'll ask then - just looking for other DPs.
Warriorconcept is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:39 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
I got rejected and told it was a corporate offer, guess I didn't understand the original post.
Global Adventurer likes this.
NJTeacher is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:01 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,165
The bottom of the PDF OP posted says:

"To learn more contact your Hyatt sales representative"

Considering this is almost exactly the same as the offer Hyatt offers for corporate status match programs, I am pretty sure this is just the corporate status match.
WasKnown is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:36 am
  #20  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: London
Posts: 342
Originally Posted by WasKnown
The bottom of the PDF OP posted says:

"To learn more contact your Hyatt sales representative"

Considering this is almost exactly the same as the offer Hyatt offers for corporate status match programs, I am pretty sure this is just the corporate status match.
No it is not. It's a widely known offer in China and hundreds of individuals have successfully signed up via at least a few different hotels.

Also, I don't work for a company that has any corporate agreement with Hyatt.
strayersong is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:41 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,165
Originally Posted by strayersong
No it is not. It's a widely known offer in China and hundreds of individuals have successfully signed up via at least a few different hotels.

Also, I don't work for a company that has any corporate agreement with Hyatt.
What did you say to the front desk to get this offer? I just asked some friends in Beijing to see if they could get this.
Global Adventurer likes this.
WasKnown is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:44 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
This was the exact wording I received, "Thank you! Upon reviewing the promotion details, please be advised that this offer is for selected companies only. Members eligible for this promotion would have received a targeted email for registration. To see if your company qualifies, please reach out to your Corporate Travel Manager for assistance."
NJTeacher is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:11 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 829
You should sue Hyatt for discrimination. Can't just give status challenge for them Chinese and exclude us
gojko88 likes this.
AndyKehn is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:53 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 2,279
Going to try to signup for this offer. Anyone know if point redemptions count towards the challenge or does it have to be a paid night?
Red259 is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:00 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Programs: n/a
Posts: 62
So it looks like you have to link your AA acounnt first then sign up for the fast track
so this means everyone is 20 stays until globalist?
im currently sitting at 7 with expected 9 stays by november. I guess i would either mattress run the other 4 or try to find 2 more weekends of vacation.
source: link

actually i reread it and im pretty confused at this offer now

If i have WOH do the 5 nights already count towards my race to 20 for globalist?
if i have 7 nights already credited to my WOH account do i only need 13 more stays within the 90 day mark to hit globalist?
or is it i have to stay 20 nights within 90 days for it to count towards gloablist status ?

Last edited by Markie; Jul 26, 2021 at 11:19 pm
br0wntown is offline  
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:12 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 163
Has anyone had luck through a non cooperate account?
NJTeacher is offline  
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:30 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: LAS ORD
Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Posts: 5,992
Originally Posted by Red259
Going to try to signup for this offer. Anyone know if point redemptions count towards the challenge or does it have to be a paid night?
T&Cs posted by the OP specifically mention free night awards count.
gengar is offline  
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:11 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by br0wntown
So it looks like you have to link your AA acounnt first then sign up for the fast track
so this means everyone is 20 stays until globalist?
im currently sitting at 7 with expected 9 stays by november. I guess i would either mattress run the other 4 or try to find 2 more weekends of vacation.
source: link

actually i reread it and im pretty confused at this offer now

If i have WOH do the 5 nights already count towards my race to 20 for globalist?
if i have 7 nights already credited to my WOH account do i only need 13 more stays within the 90 day mark to hit globalist?
or is it i have to stay 20 nights within 90 days for it to count towards gloablist status ?
I believe it's 20 nights during the status challenge period.
persoid is offline  
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:20 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NJ
Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 543
Originally Posted by br0wntown
So it looks like you have to link your AA acounnt first then sign up for the fast track
so this means everyone is 20 stays until globalist?
im currently sitting at 7 with expected 9 stays by november. I guess i would either mattress run the other 4 or try to find 2 more weekends of vacation.
source: link

actually i reread it and im pretty confused at this offer now

If i have WOH do the 5 nights already count towards my race to 20 for globalist?
if i have 7 nights already credited to my WOH account do i only need 13 more stays within the 90 day mark to hit globalist?
or is it i have to stay 20 nights within 90 days for it to count towards gloablist status ?
I tried to register but I have no status with AA so it didn't work.

Have sent a few emails to hyatt about the fast track and could not get anyone to match this offer.
Warriorconcept is offline  
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:50 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,165
Are there any data points of people actually getting this offer besides OP? My friend asked about this at 2 Hyatts in China and they had no idea what this was
WasKnown is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.