Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2021 | 11:58 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by Kacee
Enough. I am officially in favor of Hyatt shutting the door at this point.
LOL, I am sure some old-school Globalists felt the same way about you joining the club too. Get ready, I am finally making the money to join you.
Old Aug 3, 2021 | 4:44 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Tried this email and they told me I had to contact AA about promotion.
Old Aug 3, 2021 | 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm about 99% that this is the targeted corporate offer that some people (myself included) are getting lucky enough to find someone that either doesn't understand that it's a limited offer or just doesn't want to deal with someone hassling them so they ignore that it's supposed to be targeted.
I think that's why there is such a high % of failure.

I went through 10 different properties before I found someone to do it and they were the 3rd person I talked to there. It was the Corporate Sales person who finally got me signed up.
Old Aug 4, 2021 | 3:31 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Am trying myself via Andaz Liverpool here right now; will update as to result!
I was there 3weeks ago, and hotels in the City are at sub-30% occupancy, so I'll suspect they will be hungry for a guest coming for 2-3weeks at a time every 6weeks for foreseeable future. If they refuse, I can always go the Threadneedles or even the new Montcalm under Marriott. A bit of a buyer's market right now...

A request to be enrolled in the programme intimating would be a strong data point in my choosing their property or a competitor for several upcoming weeks was met with a very cheerful & helpful promotion into the programme, and a nice upgrade to boot.
I've always liked Hyatt, but I burned all my travel for 2ys into Marriott to hit the LTTE, so am really pleased to get to jumpstart staying in them again

Last edited by KevinS; Aug 5, 2021 at 9:20 pm
Old Aug 12, 2021 | 4:45 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
So is anyone have real luck getting this challenge?
Old Aug 12, 2021 | 4:52 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
I'm not even going to ask about. I decided to just go ahead and stay the 30 nights I've already booked and be done with it. And leave with globalist.
Old Aug 12, 2021 | 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Red259
I got it by requesting with the last hyatt regency I stayed at and the European hyatt email I shared confirmed it for me.
Old Aug 13, 2021 | 6:37 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

I did, I contacted the Hyatt Bellevue (which I last stayed at) and they were able to help me.
Old Aug 13, 2021 | 2:11 pm

I was able to sign up for this by contacting the sales coordinator at the Hyatt Place where I have a wedding block reserved.

One question, if I achieve globalist through this 20 night promo. Do I still get the suite upgrades or do I have to get to 30 nights still?
Old Aug 13, 2021 | 2:56 pm
skj
50 Countries Visited3M15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kyle Baxter
I was able to sign up for this by contacting the sales coordinator at the Hyatt Place where I have a wedding block reserved.

One question, if I achieve globalist through this 20 night promo. Do I still get the suite upgrades or do I have to get to 30 nights still?
As a Glob, you can get an upgrade to a room, based on availability, up to a standard suite, when you check in. TheComplimentary Suite Upgrade Awards which allow you to confirm a suite in advance are Milestone Rewards and are not associated with any status. One earns 2 Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards at 50 nights (or 80k base points) and another 2 at 60 nights (or 100k base points). In "normal" years, where it takes 60 nights to get Glob status, one would achieve these milestones on the way to 60 nights.
Old Aug 13, 2021 | 3:12 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by skj
As a Glob, you can get an upgrade to a room, based on availability, up to a standard suite, when you check in. TheComplimentary Suite Upgrade Awards which allow you to confirm a suite in advance are Milestone Rewards and are not associated with any status. One earns 2 Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards at 50 nights (or 80k base points) and another 2 at 60 nights (or 100k base points). In "normal" years, where it takes 60 nights to get Glob status, one would achieve these milestones on the way to 60 nights.
I have a question, what is the chance of a new Hyatt member receiving an upgrade (any upgrade) on their first visit (long term visit)?
Old Aug 13, 2021 | 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I have a question, what is the chance of a new Hyatt member receiving an upgrade (any upgrade) on their first visit (long term visit)?
Approximately 41%
Old Aug 13, 2021 | 4:52 pm
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Approximately 41%
Did you draw that number out of your hat? Silly rabbit😁
Old Aug 15, 2021 | 6:54 pm
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Approximately 41%
Guess what? I arrived at a Hyatt property today, my first stay, and I was upgraded😁👍
Old Aug 15, 2021 | 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by strayersong
No it is not. It's a widely known offer in China and hundreds of individuals have successfully signed up via at least a few different hotels.

Also, I don't work for a company that has any corporate agreement with Hyatt.
China always have something that spoils the market...where people earn their status the honest way..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.