Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:20 pm

What a mess! Can someone who has done the challenge confirm if the first stay counts as part of the challenge? From the written terms, it should be as an example:
1st stay: January 1-5
90 days starts on January 5, but those 4 nights should count as the 20 nights for Glob.
90 days end on April 5. Need 16 nights between January 5 to April 5.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
The first stay clearly counts. Not sure why people sign up without paying any attention to the terms, or why they contact Hyatt instead of simply referring back to the terms.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:41 pm

Challenge if presently globalist

Can present globalists go for the corporate offer? Making the 60 nights to requalify this year looks doubtful but can get 20+ for 90 days. Been globalist/diamond for over 15 yrs and hope this may be possible
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Pardon my ignorance if I'm missing something obvious (and I did try to scan the thread a bit prior to posting), but the title of this thread is "New Hyatt Globalist status challenge (open to everyone)" (emphasis added)

However, in reviewing the thread, it seems its actually not "open to everyone" but rather tied to someones corporate employment. Is that correct? Or am I missing something?

Regards
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Can present globalists go for the corporate offer? Making the 60 nights to requalify this year looks doubtful but can get 20+ for 90 days. Been globalist/diamond for over 15 yrs and hope this may be possible
Not possible AFAIK.

Moreover, it makes far more sense to do it in 2023, and hopefully receive Globalist status for the rest of 2023 and all of 2024...
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Current Globalists with a concierge can request a 20 nights/90 days challenge, per a report in another thread. The same was offered last year. Not clear if it's truly "open to everyone" or if those are granted on a case-by-case basis.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not possible AFAIK.

Moreover, it makes far more sense to do it in 2023, and hopefully receive Globalist status for the rest of 2023 and all of 2024...
its possible I was able to do it
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy platinum
Originally Posted by js1993
The first stay clearly counts. Not sure why people sign up without paying any attention to the terms, or why they contact Hyatt instead of simply referring back to the terms.
whats terms. Where are they located? Please publish them!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by reubenfairbird
whats terms. Where are they located? Please publish them!
I'm sure they were posted or linked on the sign-up page.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy platinum
I'm sure they were posted or linked on the sign-up page.

There was no sign-up page for me. this offer was given to me verbally through the globalist line by agent. She told me there were no terms that she could send out to me to confirm that I was enrolled in the promotion. I have been told four different times by four different people the terms of this promotion and it changes. Theres a lot of confusion about this promotion with Hyatt and I just hope that I can extend my globalist status into 2023. I did chat so that I could have something in writing. Even she was confused and contradicted herself one time
during the chat. I have posted that previously Its a mess!
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Current Globalists with a concierge can request a 20 nights/90 days challenge, per a report in another thread. The same was offered last year. Not clear if it's truly "open to everyone" or if those are granted on a case-by-case basis.
Thanks (and I had seen some of the discussion in the other thread). I do have a concierge, but not sure she'd go above and beyond for me. Will keep this mind. May not need to it, but interesting option in worst case scenario.

All that said, I still find the thread title confusing as it seems there is no Hyatt Globalist promotion that is "open to everyone" That seems a bit misleading as it appears to be either a) a corporate challenge or b) existing Globalist challenge...

Regards
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by scubadu
All that said, I still find the thread title confusing as it seems there is no Hyatt Globalist promotion that is "open to everyone" That seems a bit misleading as it appears to be either a) a corporate challenge or b) existing Globalist challenge...

Regards
I am an everyone who neither has Globalist status nor a major corporation as an employer. I take it there is no challenge offer for me?

Assuming thats correct, I have flagged the thread to have the title adjusted to reduce confusion/avoid disappointment by everyones like me.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by reubenfairbird
There was no sign-up page for me. this offer was given to me verbally through the globalist line by agent. She told me there were no terms that she could send out to me to confirm that I was enrolled in the promotion. I have been told four different times by four different people the terms of this promotion and it changes. Theres a lot of confusion about this promotion with Hyatt and I just hope that I can extend my globalist status into 2023. I did chat so that I could have something in writing. Even she was confused and contradicted herself one time
during the chat. I have posted that previously Its a mess!
Are you talking about a corporate challenge or the Globalist-extension challenge?

Either way, if you're worried about the terms, just stay 20 nights in 90 days from the date of enrollment and you'll be fine. There aren't any challenges more challenging than that.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:36 pm

At first look is not clear, but do award stays count for the challenge?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
At first look is not clear, but do award stays count for the challenge?
They do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.