Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by js1993
Officially, Lite, but some who re-qualified this way last year kept their concierge.
Access to MyHyattConcierge is a Milestone Reward when you achieve 60 nights, not a perk given just by virtue of becoming Globalist. If some were able to keep MHC in the past without reaching the required nights--well, you shouldn't count on that. Just like suite upgrades, 5,000/$100 gift card, Category 1-4, 1-7 awards are Milestone Rewards--earned by completing required number of stays. Personally MHC is the least beneficial Globalist perk. She almost never answers the phone and takes many days to reply to an email. When I call her and get the recording, I press 2 to speak with someone else. Most of the time those reps are knowledgeable and helpful (except the one yesterday).
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Steph58
Access to MyHyattConcierge is a Milestone Reward when you achieve 60 nights, not a perk given just by virtue of becoming Globalist. If some were able to keep MHC in the past without reaching the required nights--well, you shouldn't count on that. Just like suite upgrades, 5,000/$100 gift card, Category 1-4, 1-7 awards are Milestone Rewards--earned by completing required number of stays. Personally MHC is the least beneficial Globalist perk. She almost never answers the phone and takes many days to reply to an email. When I call her and get the recording, I press 2 to speak with someone else. Most of the time those reps are knowledgeable and helpful (except the one yesterday).
Understood and agreed. I was just mentioning what happened for some people last year.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:44 am

As an AA ExPlat I'm eligible for the current AA/Hyatt Explorist/Globalist Challenge. I'm presently a Globalist. Can I participate in this Challenge? Would I be "demoted" to Explorist for the Challenge period (seems unlikely but still...)?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:47 am

Same circumstance and I emailed to confirm eligibility. Wasn't downgraded in the interim.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ripcordaff
Points nights definitely count, as does the first stay to activate the challenge. What doesn’t count (despite what I was originally told by two different reps) is EQNs from the WoH card. As I suspected, that would be too good to be true, and a supervisor confirmed that.
Do MGM stays count?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ripcordaff
Points nights definitely count, as does the first stay to activate the challenge. What doesn’t count (despite what I was originally told by two different reps) is EQNs from the WoH card. As I suspected, that would be too good to be true, and a supervisor confirmed that.
Wondering if I can use a paid night at an MGM resort to activate the challenge?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Curious -

When you hit the 20 nights do you get an email saying Welcome to Globalist or what exactly happens? Does you Hyatt profile now say Globalist through February 2024? Is it fairly instant or does it take some time?

A friend recently enrolled and they asked me since I’m a Globalist but didn’t know the answer.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Curious -

When you hit the 20 nights do you get an email saying Welcome to Globalist or what exactly happens? Does you Hyatt profile now say Globalist through February 2024? Is it fairly instant or does it take some time?

A friend recently enrolled and they asked me since I’m a Globalist but didn’t know the answer.
Your profile will show the later expiration date.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by jgsx
Your profile will show the later expiration date.
Is that immediate like regular Globalist? Meaning when the stay that puts you over actually posts to the account.

Is there no email welcoming or congratulating you on earning Globalist? I know when I requalify I usually get an email notifying me IIRC.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: AA: Plat Pro, Emerald, 1MM UA: Premier 1K, Star Alliance: Gold, Hyatt: GLobalist; Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by bds123123
Same circumstance and I emailed to confirm eligibility. Wasn't downgraded in the interim.
do you mean that you were able to sign up for the 20 night challenge (as a current globalist thru the AA plat pro or higher (exp, Ck) 20 night challenge) without being demoted to hyatt explorist during those 90 days? That’s awesome cause my other friend called and said the Hyatt agent told her she couldn’t do the AA challenge to globalist as a current globalist without being demoted to explorist first.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by aaexpdxp
do you mean that you were able to sign up for the 20 night challenge (as a current globalist thru the AA plat pro or higher (exp, Ck) 20 night challenge) without being demoted to hyatt explorist during those 90 days? That’s awesome cause my other friend called and said the Hyatt agent told her she couldn’t do the AA challenge to globalist as a current globalist without being demoted to explorist first.
Your friend must’ve spoken to a clown then.

Hyatt has no way to “demote” someone even just for the 90 days. Either they can participate in the challenge as a current Globalist and do the 20 nights or they are ineligible for the offer, but there is no 3rd option to demote and participate.
JetAway and aaexpdxp like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:34 am

Has any current Globalists been able to sign up for the "Quick Qualify" fast track (not corporate, not AA-linked) recently?

I tried a couple weeks ago and was told that it's only for certain eligible members, not for everyone.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Has any current Globalists been able to sign up for the "Quick Qualify" fast track (not corporate, not AA-linked) recently?

I tried a couple weeks ago and was told that it's only for certain eligible members, not for everyone.
What Quick Qualify? It’s either Corporate or AA Elite Fast Track AFAIK.

Those would be the only 2 “eligible” groups.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:16 pm

I am in the 20-night challenge. I’ll have about 14 nights with actual stays, but considering the best way to get the additional six nights. What is the cheapest way to mattress run? My local Cat 1 property is approx. $100/night, so that seems excessive. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
I’m planning on doing the challenge to achieve globalist with the 20 night stay. I’m new to Hyatt so currently have no status other than “member”. My main reason for getting globalist would be for future upgrades to suites. If I achieve globalist would I get “globalist lite” status instead of regular globalist? And would that mean I would not be eligible for suite upgrades ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.