Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scubadu
Wow... I'm a little surprised that you, yourself would be in a position to need this at the late-October point of the year. I thought being a Globalist was the reason you get up in the morning and there was basically nothing you wouldn't do to maintain it?

Are you behind the eight ball because you've been holding out for that "4X EQN, waived parking on paid stays, 5X bonus points and a $200 per night property credit" type promo that you keep telling us all is coming any day now since Hyatt is still "hurting" (in your eyes)?

Next week is November my friend, that is T-2 months until the game clock runs out. Sounds like you'd better come out of the pits and get back on the race track pretty quickly...

Regards
I tried back in AugustÖMy cousin successfully enrolled back in June.

When I tried I was at 24 nights for the year, currently at 42 with at least 18 planned most organic I think I have 3 nights I found on an MR for 12k total cost to hit 60.

I definitely feel like youíre over exaggerating what Iíve said Hyatt should offer.

For one Iíve never once mentioned a property credit so not sure where the $200 property credit came from.

For 2 Iíve never once mentioned above a 3x points multiplier, so not sure where youíd get a a 5x multiplier.

For 3 Iíve never once mentioned even Triple EQNís so not sure where youíd get 4x EQNís.

Everything youíve said is taken to an extreme.

The only thing Iíve mentioned that youíve said accurately is a promo offer providing complimentary parking for Globalists on paid stays. Which if you take a moment to think about it could be pretty lucrative. Paying for parking is a deterrent for cash stays at properties so people tend to book award stays at those properties. Which nets the property what $30-$50 a night (not sure the exact reimbursement rate but many have said itís fairly low) when they could instead get $200. This of course would only be for Globalists.

For me personally I stayed 38 actual nights on paid stays at properties I otherwise either wouldíve used points or not stayed altogether solely due to excessive parking charges. This was when it ran from September 2020 to February 2021. Those are only counting the nights where parking on paid stays made a difference, I stayed 44 nights overall during that promo period, so the parking on those stays actually was a huge contributing factor.

Cities we stayed where parking on paid stays was a big factor -

San Diego ($50 per night) - 8 nights

Orange County (HR OC $30 per night) - 12 nights

Beaver Creek (PH BC $50 per night) - 5 Nights

Dallas ($10 per night) - 6 Nights

Chicago ($50 per night) - 7 Nights

If you add these up and add in taxes as well thatís a savings of over $1,500 just during that one period and on parking alone.

Many, if not all of these stays booking it as an award stay made no sense due to cash rates being much better.

Examples -

Manchester GH - $120 Cash Rate per nights vs. 15k Points

HR OC - $108 Cash Rate per night vs. 12k Points

PH BC - $160 Cash Rate per night vs. 30k Points
Old Oct 29, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
<snip>
I definitely feel like you’re over exaggerating what I’ve said Hyatt should offer.

For one I’ve never once mentioned a property credit so not sure where the $200 property credit came from.

For 2 I’ve never once mentioned above a 3x points multiplier, so not sure where you’d get a a 5x multiplier.

For 3 I’ve never once mentioned even Triple EQN’s so not sure where you’d get 4x EQN’s.

Everything you’ve said is taken to an extreme
LOL, I think you need to adjust your sarcasm meter my friend... As to the rest of your post tl;dr

Your predictions and their accuracy (or lack there of in your case) are in the written record for any and all to evaluate.

Regards
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Marriott Plat
I just hit my 20th night after enrolling for the promo and got a welcome to Globular message in the app. I’m currently Globular and now have it until the end of February 2024.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
LOL, I think you need to adjust your sarcasm meter my friend... As to the rest of your post tl;dr

Your predictions and their accuracy (or lack there of in your case) are in the written record for any and all to evaluate.

Regards
Sarcasm doesnít really play well over text or online messaging.

I again reiterated what Iíve said I feel are viable promo offerings for Hyatt.

If one had to guess, they might say once the 10 and 15 Night Globalists die out in February Hyatt May be more liberal with their promos. Meaning Q2 2023 and beyond.

By ď10 and 15 night GlobalistsĒ I mean -

Requirements for Globalist were reduced to 30 nights.

There was a promo run where signing up for the WOH card you got 10 EQNís instead of the normal 5. Then there was the double EQN promo meaning if you stay 10 nights you get 20 night credits. Thus giving you Globalist with 10 nights stayed. For anyone else even without the WOH card it was only 15 nights needed with the double EQNís.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Signup up for AA Fast Track Challenge was easy. I'm currently Globalist and AA Platinum Pro. I used this link AA Fast Track Link and plan to complete the 20 night challenge by end of January. Just to be sure it took, I signed out and re-applied for the offer and got the message "You've already registered for this offer."
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wonít make Globalist this year, will probably get up to 30 nights. I asked my concierge about any special arrangements for those in Hong Kong who have had 7-day inbound quarantine requirements until 26th September 2022 as we canít even cross the border and with the 4 Hyatt hotels here, there are only so many staycations you can do. I had to leave once for a family emergency - it would have helped if Hyatt used one its hotels for quarantine but didnít take part in the scheme. Anyway, she said I need to email here in the new year and theyíll see what they can do. Do you think it could be in the form of one of these challenges, if they offer anything at all?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:30 am

I signed up for the 20 nights in 90 days. My first stayís check out was 8/29 after 4 nights. 90 days after would be 11/27, but Iím nervous to have a 9 stay check out on 11/27. Any advice?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:27 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BCasc
I signed up for the 20 nights in 90 days. My first stayís check out was 8/29 after 4 nights. 90 days after would be 11/27, but Iím nervous to have a 9 stay check out on 11/27. Any advice?
I'm unconvinced it's 90 days from first check out, despite the terms. Many have reported their first stay did indeed count.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
MHC signed me up for this Aug 23, first stay checkout was Sept 8. I had no problems signing up--don't know why it was easy for me and not so for others. Maybe because I had 126 actual Hyatt nights in 2021 to earn Globalist? Anyway my 20th and 21st nights (during the promo timeframe) just posted and status now shows Globalist until Feb 29, 2024. I have stays booked in Nov and Dec to reach 60 nights, but am pondering if it's worth the extra spend. Actually, my head knows it's not worth it but my heart says I deserve a few more vacations this year.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I'm unconvinced it's 90 days from first check out, despite the terms. Many have reported their first stay did indeed count.
Depends what promo OP was in.

The Globalist ďQuick QualifyĒ or ďLoyalty RetentionĒ Offer for 20 nights does not have a 90 day timeline itís through 2/28/2023 and first stay does count towards the offer.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:54 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Steph58
MHC signed me up for this Aug 23, first stay checkout was Sept 8. I had no problems signing up--don't know why it was easy for me and not so for others. Maybe because I had 126 actual Hyatt nights in 2021 to earn Globalist? Anyway my 20th and 21st nights (during the promo timeframe) just posted and status now shows Globalist until Feb 29, 2024. I have stays booked in Nov and Dec to reach 60 nights, but am pondering if it's worth the extra spend. Actually, my head knows it's not worth it but my heart says I deserve a few more vacations this year.
Curious if your first stay counted or not?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:03 pm

Curious if your first stay counted or not?
Yes, first stay whether itís 1 night or 20 nights counts for the Globalist non-AA, non-Corporate offer.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:34 pm

Yes, first stay whether itís 1 night or 20 nights counts for the Globalist non-AA, non-Corporate offer.
Double checking: Hyatt advised some the 20 nights only starts after the checkout of the first stay, but in practice the initial stay does goes toward the 20 night count? Is it just poorly worded on their part that the challenge is activated after one stay, however that stay is included?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:40 pm

Double checking: Hyatt advised some the 20 nights only starts after the checkout of the first stay, but in practice the initial stay does goes toward the 20 night count? Is it just poorly worded on their part that the challenge is activated after one stay, however that stay is included?
My family member did the 20 nights I posted above about it they checked and it was 20 exactly since enrollment. They had 16 prior to the promo enrollment, and hit Globalist through 2024 on night 36.

The oneís saying that may be the AA or Corporate offer which could be different.

I only commented because the other person was in the same promo as the one I have personal knowledge of participating.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 5:18 pm

My family member did the 20 nights I posted above about it they checked and it was 20 exactly since enrollment. They had 16 prior to the promo enrollment, and hit Globalist through 2024 on night 36.

The oneís saying that may be the AA or Corporate offer which could be different.

I only commented because the other person was in the same promo as the one I have personal knowledge of participating.
Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.