Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old Nov 6, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by woresu
Globalist with only 20ish night this year. Denied by both twitter and call center. They insisted I had to receive a target email in order to qualify.
As an AA Platinum, i was told by Hyatt Chat who says he was told by his manager that the only way to register is by email invitation. I have Spending potential 5 night Hyatt stay...so would like to register.

I wonder if this is because I enrolled in the cross promo and maybe a fast track promo in 2021? I don't have any Hyatt stays or status this year.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nologic
As an AA Platinum, i was told by Hyatt Chat who says he was told by his manager that the only way to register is by email invitation. I have Spending potential 5 night Hyatt stay...so would like to register.

I wonder if this is because I enrolled in the cross promo and maybe a fast track promo in 2021? I don't have any Hyatt stays or status this year.
The AA Hyatt Fast Track is not targeted itís open to everyone.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Double checking: Hyatt advised some the 20 nights only starts after the checkout of the first stay, but in practice the initial stay does goes toward the 20 night count? Is it just poorly worded on their part that the challenge is activated after one stay, however that stay is included?
Yes, the first night counts. I was at 19 nights when I enrolled and got the Globalist email when I hit 39 nights. I now have Globalist until the end of Feb 2024.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by buzglyd
Yes, the first night counts. I was at 19 nights when I enrolled and got the Globalist email when I hit 39 nights. I now have Globalist until the end of Feb 2024.
Yes, to again reiterate what others have reported, the first stay definitely counts. My first stay of the promo happened to be 4 nights, and it definitely counted.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:55 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by buzglyd
Thank you!
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:50 am

I like to know the following:
1) Does booking hotel room using point will be counted toward the 20 night challengching for Globalist challenge fast track. Or it must a be paid nigh to be counted as qualifying night.
2) After enrolled on the 20 night fast track globalist challenge, is there any email to be sent out from Hyatt to confirm the register.
3) What is the benefit of becoming anunal globalist thru fast track challenging.

Please advise and thank you.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I like to know the following:
1) Does booking hotel room using point will be counted toward the 20 night challengching for Globalist challenge fast track. Or it must a be paid nigh to be counted as qualifying night. Yes

2) After enrolled on the 20 night fast track globalist challenge, is there any email to be sent out from Hyatt to confirm the register. No.

3) What is the benefit of becoming anunal globalist thru fast track challenging. You donít need 60 nights.

Please advise and thank you.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:17 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Another question, if I book my room thru Hyatt website and stay at MGM resort ( Excalibur) in Las Vegas, will those nights counting as qualifying night toward the Globalist and recognized by Hyatt.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:43 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Another question, if I book my room thru Hyatt website and stay at MGM resort ( Excalibur) in Las Vegas, will those nights counting as qualifying night toward the Globalist and recognized by Hyatt.
Yes, but itís cheaper and better to book through MGM directly and add your WOH number at check in.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yes, but itís cheaper and better to book through MGM directly and add your WOH number at check in.
Thanks for sharing.
When I contact Hyatt customer service by phone. I was told that I must book the stay thru Hyatt web. Otherwise, those nights will not be counted as qualifying night. Does it mean Hyatt agent told me the wrong information.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:00 pm

Thanks for sharing.
When I contact Hyatt customer service by phone. I was told that I must book the stay thru Hyatt web. Otherwise, those nights will not be counted as qualifying night. Does it mean Hyatt agent told me the wrong information.
You may book through Hyatt or MGM, but no 3rd parties.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for sharing.
Yes
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edsh
Signup up for AA Fast Track Challenge was easy. I'm currently Globalist and AA Platinum Pro. I used this link AA Fast Track Link and plan to complete the 20 night challenge by end of January. Just to be sure it took, I signed out and re-applied for the offer and got the message "You've already registered for this offer."
I don't suppose that your Hyatt account was downgraded to Explorist after your first stay?

I'm tempted to sign up myself, but have typically kept to the policy of avoiding fast tracks / challenges for statuses I already hold. Especially challenges that have an "taste of" status level lower than the one I've already got.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I don't suppose that your Hyatt account was downgraded to Explorist after your first stay?

I'm tempted to sign up myself, but have typically kept to the policy of avoiding fast tracks / challenges for statuses I already hold. Especially challenges that have an "taste of" status level lower than the one I've already got.
Yes, I must admit, as an AA PPro, I considered signing up for this challenge as well, just as a back-up (turns out, I'm fine and will hit 60 nights without it), but like you, it gave me pause wondering if they would downgrade me and for that reason I didn't do it either. Would be interesting to hear some data points for future reference if other Globalists pursue this route.

Regards
craigthemif likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif

Originally Posted by scubadu
Yes, I must admit, as an AA PPro, I considered signing up for this challenge as well, just as a back-up (turns out, I'm fine and will hit 60 nights without it), but like you, it gave me pause wondering if they would downgrade me and for that reason I didn't do it either. Would be interesting to hear some data points for future reference if other Globalists pursue this route.

Regards
Hyatt has no ability to downgrade oneís status. If itís already earned through 2/28/2023 then itís valid until then. It cannot be lowered prior to 2/28/2023.

I had a current Globalist do the Quick Qualify or Globalist retention offer (20 nights by 2/28/23).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.