Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old Nov 12, 2022, 2:55 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matt4200

I had a current Globalist do the Quick Qualify or Globalist retention offer (20 nights by 2/28/23).
To clarify, I believe the terms the Hyatt reps read and/or misunderstand what the promo is.

The promo terms are that all 20 nights must be completed in 90 days from registration. You must resister and stay all 20 by 28 Feb. ie the last day to register would be 8 Feb.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
To clarify, I believe the terms the Hyatt reps read and/or misunderstand what the promo is.

The promo terms are that all 20 nights must be completed in 90 days from registration. You must resister and stay all 20 by 28 Feb. ie the last day to register would be 8 Feb.

Yeah that’s untrue.

My DP registered in June and completed in November which is 5 months from registration.

This is only for the Globalist Quick Qualify and/or retention.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:27 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Yeah that’s untrue.

My DP registered in June and completed in November which is 5 months from registration.

This is only for the Globalist Quick Qualify and/or retention.
I was referring to the non globalist Quick Qualify. Sorry, should have been clearer.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed;[url=tel:34753443
34753443[/url]]I was referring to the non globalist Quick Qualify. Sorry, should have been clearer.
As an AA Platinum , I was able to register for a 10 night Explorist challenge, during which time I get 90 day trial Explorist status.

how do I sign up for the Globalist challenge w 20 nights stays by Feb 28th?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nologic
As an AA Platinum , I was able to register for a 10 night Explorist challenge, during which time I get 90 day trial Explorist status.

how do I sign up for the Globalist challenge w 20 nights stays by Feb 28th?
You must have Platinum Pro or higher to be eligible for the Globalist challenge. (at least via the AA linkage)
Old Nov 20, 2022, 4:22 pm

The representative said I'm not eligible for the 10 nights Explorist + 20 nights globalist till Feb 2024 as I am a current Globalist. I originally wasn't planning to retain globalist but due to various changes, I'm now planning to earn Globalist next year and would like to not drop back down to Explorist in the middle of that if possible.

Anyone have luck getting approved for the Globalist retention/quick qualify after being denied once on the phone?

Last edited by randomasian; Nov 20, 2022 at 4:46 pm
Old Nov 20, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by randomasian
The representative said I'm not eligible for the 10 nights Explorist + 20 nights globalist till Feb 2024 as I am a current Globalist. I originally wasn't planning to retain globalist but due to various changes, I'm ow planning to earn Globalist next year and would like to not drop back down to Explorist in the middle of that if possible.

Anyone have luck getting approved for the Globalist retention/quick qualify after being denied once on the phone?
The whole point of the Quick Qualify challenge is for current Globalists to retain status. It's possible not all current Globalists are eligible for it, but the above answer doesn't make sense. Call back and try again, or ask your concierge.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 9:15 pm

For anyone interested this is what was provided when enrolling in the Quick Qualify offer -

“We are offering a tier challenge promotion to help those that are not able to achieve this requirement.I have enrolled you in this tier promotion. This promotion is as follows:

Members registered into promotion will have until 2/28/2023 after registration to complete Tier challenge. Stay 4 eligible nights to achieve Discoverist, 10 eligible nights to achieve Explorist, and 20 eligible nights to achieve Globalist. Status earned through this promotion will be valid until 2/29/2024.

We feel this is significantly more obtainable and will allow our members to reach Globalist status faster than ever.”
As a DP also two people I know were successfully enrolled - one Explorist, one Globalist.

So possibly retention or possibly a separate offer.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 10:57 pm

For anyone interested this is what was provided when enrolling in the Quick Qualify offer -

“We are offering a tier challenge promotion to help those that are not able to achieve this requirement.I have enrolled you in this tier promotion. This promotion is as follows:

Members registered into promotion will have until 2/28/2023 after registration to complete Tier challenge. Stay 4 eligible nights to achieve Discoverist, 10 eligible nights to achieve Explorist, and 20 eligible nights to achieve Globalist. Status earned through this promotion will be valid until 2/29/2024.

We feel this is significantly more obtainable and will allow our members to reach Globalist status faster than ever.”
As a DP also two people I know were successfully enrolled - one Explorist, one Globalist.

So possibly retention or possibly a separate offer.
This is so confusing. The 90 day rule either applies or it doesn't. My conclusion is that several reps don't seem to understand the offer and are giving out different information.

You would hate to do a MR and find it wasn't within 90 days and you don't qualify.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 11:20 pm

This is so confusing. The 90 day rule either applies or it doesn't. My conclusion is that several reps don't seem to understand the offer and are giving out different information.

You would hate to do a MR and find it wasn't within 90 days and you don't qualify.
Both an Explorist and Globalist participated in this and both completed the stays after 90 days.

I am guessing this is a separate offer that few reps know about only the ones at the top (CS<Globalist Concierge<Concierge Manager).

Either that or it’s Elite retention with the opportunity for Explorists to earn Globalist and for Globalists to maintain it.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)

There are multiple challenges. The Quick Qualify challenge for current Globalists is different than the corporate or American Airlines challenges.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
There are multiple challenges. The Quick Qualify challenge for current Globalists is different than the corporate or American Airlines challenges.
Non Globs have been able to sign up for Quick Qualify.

90 days from 28 Feb 2023 is 30 Nov 2022, anyway so the point is moot in 9 days.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 11:41 pm

Non Globs have been able to sign up for Quick Qualify.

90 days from 28 Feb 2023 is 30 Nov 2022, anyway so the point is moot in 9 days.
True
Old Nov 21, 2022, 6:19 am

With all of these different challenges I’m guessing Hyatt is having trouble refilling the Globalist ranks. They’re running more challenges than any other chain (or airline).
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EP, B6 M4
Wanted to share my DP for kicking off the Corporate Challenge (the one with signup via personal corporate email and 90-day language):
  • I was a "Member" on Hyatt upon registration up until I had my first stay. There was no indication that I had successfully signed up for the challenge on my account. However, I was able to confirm via chat that my account had the challenge active.
  • During my first stay, I did not enjoy any Explorist benefits -- the hotel said I was a Member only, and I did not receive any 20% Explorist points bonuses.
  • When I received the Nights Credits for my first stay (12 pm ET the day after checkout), I was granted Explorist status with an expiry in 90 days. I'm assuming this is the 90 day trial period in which I have to complete 20 nights total, including my first stay.
Will report back once I complete my 10 and 20 nights stays with DPs. Will include a mix of Hyatt, MGM (booked through Hyatt), and SLH stays.
txviking likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.