Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by bwallet
I went over 60 nights last week. How long does it take before I'm assigned a MHC or even hear any acknowledgement. I know that I shouldn't necessarily expect much. I don't ask much since I usually stay at the same property week after week, and the sales manager there takes care of me. However, I'm still a little excited by the concept.
My 60th night was on a Saturday and I received an email from my concierge the following Friday.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I generally use MHC for multi-day reservations where I need to apply a DSU and maybe use points for a portion of the stay and cash rate for the remainder, stuff like that. For a simple weekend type reservation, I make that reservation myself in the Hyatt app on my phone because its so quick & easy.

So that being said, what other scenarios have you all used your MHC for?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I generally use MHC for multi-day reservations where I need to apply a DSU and maybe use points for a portion of the stay and cash rate for the remainder, stuff like that. For a simple weekend type reservation, I make that reservation myself in the Hyatt app on my phone because its so quick & easy.

They handle my point combine requests as well, its a lot faster than sending it to the general Hyatt inbox.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:48 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus

First, thanks for moving this discussion ! Like you, I do basic things such as making reservations myself. The last 2 things I've asked my MHC to do were:

- change one night of a multi-night stay booked using points to instead use a recently earned Cat 1-7 Free Night Award and return the points to me. I had confirmed it was possible to book the date using the Cat 1-7 award before making the request.

- my MHC booked a multi-night, two-room stay for my daughter and her family using points, Cat 1-4 Free Night Awards, and a suite upgrade from my account and made sure GoH was properly noted on both rooms.

I wouldn't be able to do either of these by myself. They also weren't particularly time-critical so I thought it a good use of a MHC.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:26 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Most recently, MHC negotiated cancellation terms for me with the hotel sales person and reduced from 14 day pre-pay/non refundable to 14 day pre-pay with full refund 24hrs prior to arrival

mine has been fantastic ever since
got suites with TSU when no suites for sale
got „double upgrades“ confirmed in advance

etc….
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine has basically taught me to not bother contacting them.
bbbb and ceebee100 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Most recently, MHC negotiated cancellation terms for me with the hotel sales person and reduced from 14 day pre-pay/non refundable to 14 day pre-pay with full refund 24hrs prior to arrival

mine has been fantastic ever since
got suites with TSU when no suites for sale
got „double upgrades“ confirmed in advance

etc….
That sounds quite interesting. Did you approach your concierge and ask what they could do for you regarding cancellation terms or how did it start off?

I’ve been put off booking any more Ziva / Zilara stays with the new cancellation terms. I usually don’t know where I’m going to be on any given day until about a week or so beforehand. So the 14 day cancellation period is a non starter.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've had to contact MHC when I haven't received an email confirmation that stated cancellation terms clearly. Once when I cancelled online, I didn't get an email confirmation, which I had wanted as proof that I cancelled before the deadline.

TSU use and requests for certain rooms in some luxury level hotels. Arrange to be met at the airport by the hotel's car service.

My previous private line agent (who was also a super-escalation customer service agent) was extremely knowledgable about Hyatt T&Cs. Unfortunately I don't trust my current MHC on this as she tends to automatically default to the hotel's side.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:13 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by coleslaw
That sounds quite interesting. Did you approach your concierge and ask what they could do for you regarding cancellation terms or how did it start off?

I’ve been put off booking any more Ziva / Zilara stays with the new cancellation terms. I usually don’t know where I’m going to be on any given day until about a week or so beforehand. So the 14 day cancellation period is a non starter.
Yes, I did not know, if Mr. President would open up the US in time and I had duplicate reservations for US and Zilara. I mentioned this to MHC as well, that I actually do not want to have duplicate reservations. But we wanted to wait as long as possible before cancelling the US-trip. She fully understood my situation and offered to check with the hotel on altering the cancellation policy due to my LT status. this is amazing I'd say!!!

we now cancelled the US trip in the mean time
Markie likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Yes, I did not know, if Mr. President would open up the US in time and I had duplicate reservations for US and Zilara. I mentioned this to MHC as well, that I actually do not want to have duplicate reservations. But we wanted to wait as long as possible before cancelling the US-trip. She fully understood my situation and offered to check with the hotel on altering the cancellation policy due to my LT status. this is amazing I'd say!!!

we now cancelled the US trip in the mean time
Interesting, thanks.

Due to my travel patterns I often have multiple reservations for the same dates. It hasn’t caused me any issues yet, but if I were to get improved cancellation terms then I’d probably end up with even more reservations!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:11 am
formerly a193991

Interesting, thanks.

Due to my travel patterns I often have multiple reservations for the same dates. It hasn’t caused me any issues yet, but if I were to get improved cancellation terms then I’d probably end up with even more reservations!
yes, if it is months out I sometimes have duplicate reservations. but not when it is, say, 1 month out. By then I hope to know where I'm going . But with COVID this is slightly different.

also thought I read somewhere in the T&C, that "speculative bookings" are not allowed and could lead to termination of the account. Could not find that anymore though.

Last edited by 59Impala; Sep 4, 2021 at 9:38 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skj
- my MHC booked a multi-night, two-room stay for my daughter and her family using points, Cat 1-4 Free Night Awards, and a suite upgrade from my account and made sure GoH was properly noted on both rooms.
Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought you couldn't use a suite upgrade on a reservation that was using free night(s)?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by manu08
Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought you couldn't use a suite upgrade on a reservation that was using free night(s)?
In theory you can’t.

In practice, if you have a good concierge who’s willing to flex the rules and a property that’s willing to do the same, then you can.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:48 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skj
my MHC booked a multi-night, two-room stay for my daughter and her family using points, Cat 1-4 Free Night Awards, and a suite upgrade from my account and made sure GoH was properly noted on both rooms.
Originally Posted by manu08
In theory you can’t.

In practice, if you have a good concierge who’s willing to flex the rules and a property that’s willing to do the same, then you can.
It has nothing to do with "flexing" the rules. You can use a suite upgrade on a Free Night Award booked using points, and that's what I did. I used the Cat 1-4 Free Night Award for an adjoining room and not attempt, or feel the need, to upgrade that room.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by skj
It has nothing to do with "flexing" the rules. You can use a suite upgrade on a Free Night Award booked using points, and that's what I did. I used the Cat 1-4 Free Night Award for an adjoining room and not attempt, or feel the need, to upgrade that room.
Yes, you can use a TSU on a points reservation. From your post it sounded like you mixed instruments, using points and a Cat1-4 award for a single reservation and then applying the TSU to that reservation. This isnt technically allowed / possible, but as I mentioned you can sometimes work around it.
MSPeconomist, 59Impala and manu08 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.