Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:29 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skj
- my MHC booked a multi-night, two-room stay for my daughter and her family using points, Cat 1-4 Free Night Awards, and a suite upgrade from my account and made sure GoH was properly noted on both rooms.
Originally Posted by skj
It has nothing to do with "flexing" the rules. You can use a suite upgrade on a Free Night Award booked using points, and that's what I did. I used the Cat 1-4 Free Night Award for an adjoining room and not attempt, or feel the need, to upgrade that room.
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Yes, you can use a TSU on a points reservation. From your post it sounded like you mixed instruments, using points and a Cat1-4 award for a single reservation and then applying the TSU to that reservation. This isnt technically allowed / possible, but as I mentioned you can sometimes work around it.
I don't know why this is so difficult for some to understand. My first post clearly stated "two-room" and "both rooms". It is not possible to make a single reservation for multiple rooms using Free Night Awards, whether from redeeming points or otherwise. Hyatt requires 2 separate reservations for 2 rooms when booking award nights.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
I don't know why this is so difficult for some to understand. My first post clearly stated "two-room" and "both rooms". It is not possible to make a single reservation for multiple rooms using Free Night Awards, whether from redeeming points or otherwise. Hyatt requires 2 separate reservations for 2 rooms when booking award nights.
You’re quoting posts that are discussing a tangential matter to your original post. Your original post was ambiguous - manu08 asked a clarifying question (in the general case) and I answered it (in the general case). So I also don’t know why this is so difficult for “some” to understand.

Last edited by coleslaw; Sep 4, 2021 at 11:06 am
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Isn't the bigger issue using a suite upgrade for someone else's reservation (i.e. GoH)? I've tried that before and was told it's not allowed. Suite upgrades are only for your own stay.... If your Concierge is making that happen, I want a better Concierge
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Yes, you can use a TSU on a points reservation.
To clarify, you can use a standard free night award but not a promotional free night award? I have lots of the latter.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Isn't the bigger issue using a suite upgrade for someone else's reservation (i.e. GoH)? I've tried that before and was told it's not allowed. Suite upgrades are only for your own stay.... If your Concierge is making that happen, I want a better Concierge
MHC has been able to apply TSU’s to 2nd, 3rd even 4th rooms on a stay that I’ve booked for family with no issues.

I booked under my name and checked in myself for all 4 rooms, not a GOH booking as GOH bookings cannot apply a TSU.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Matt4200
MHC has been able to apply TSU’s to 2nd, 3rd even 4th rooms on a stay that I’ve booked for family with no issues.

I booked under my name and checked in myself for all 4 rooms, not a GOH booking as GOH bookings cannot apply a TSU.
But that's not what the OP said. They specifically mentioned applying a suite upgrade to a GoH reservation

Originally Posted by skj
- my MHC booked a multi-night, two-room stay for my daughter and her family using points, Cat 1-4 Free Night Awards, and a suite upgrade from my account and made sure GoH was properly noted on both rooms.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm at almost 80 nights and passed 60 several months ago. No concierge. How can I get one?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 3:52 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Doppy
I'm at almost 80 nights and passed 60 several months ago. No concierge. How can I get one?
I received an email two weeks ago as soon as my 60th night posted. That is the only notification I received... make sure you didn't miss it or have it go to spam.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I agree, that’s annoying. You do your part of the loyalty deal and they apparently don’t do their part. I’d start with a call to the Globalist phone line.

FWIW, I reached 60 TQN 6 weeks ago, received an email from my My-Hyatt-Concierge (MHC) 4 days after check-out from the qualifying stay. I detailed my initial MHC communications in post # 36 on Keeping or losing your WOH Concierge? thread.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK so I emailed Hyatt to ask for a concierge and they said I had two and they would ping them and ask them to reach out to me with their contact info. That was a week ago and I haven't heard from either my primary or backup concierge.

I did a search on their names and did find one generic promo email that came from one of the concierges, but the only contact information in the email was a generic "consumeraffairs" email address. Is that how I'm supposed to reach them?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
OK so I emailed Hyatt to ask for a concierge and they said I had two and they would ping them and ask them to reach out to me with their contact info. That was a week ago and I haven't heard from either my primary or backup concierge.

I did a search on their names and did find one generic promo email that came from one of the concierges, but the only contact information in the email was a generic "consumeraffairs" email address. Is that how I'm supposed to reach them?
You usually get an email with there personal email address within a week or so of hitting 60 nights. The Consumer Affairs one is used when they send emails en masse.
Doppy and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I am in the same boat. 60+ nights almost 2 months ago - no concierge. Tons of other general marketing emails. Is this typical?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Does one have to be a Globalist with a Concierge to get a welcome gift? On my first stay as a Globalist at a property, I was surprised to not receive a welcome gift, since I have heard so much about them.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Does one have to be a Globalist with a Concierge to get a welcome gift? On my first stay as a Globalist at a property, I was surprised to not receive a welcome gift, since I have heard so much about them.
Welcome amenities are no longer a published perk of the program. Sure, a concierge may go out of their way to arrange for one, but neither of my concierges has done so (at least to my knowledge) over the past couple of years.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:56 am
Suspended

Passed 60 nights a couple of days ago , the Cat 1-7 and Suite Upgrades both posted but no email about a personal concierge. When I spoke to a reg csr last night about clarifying something I asked her and she said it was odd that she saw none had been assigned as of yet and said shed escalate it How long does it usually take till one is assigned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.