Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2021, 8:10 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by stargold
I'm enjoying my Europe-based MHC experience to date - she has been very helpful in resolving an issue where a local GH decided, without publishing it anywhere in the booking process, that my corporate rate was "too low" to give points/nights credit. Less impressive was the responses from her colleagues while she was out of the office, but it was all good in the end.
Great experiences with my MHC in Europe, too, BV is top.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
You can ask Hyatt to change concierge. KB and VB are good.
KB is great. Everything I've asked for has been accomplished, quickly and without issues.

I will add that the Concierge experience has absolutely driven me to book more consistently with Hyatt, and at higher rates (higher room types).
MasterPlanner and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by jpdx
Has the Concierge benefit been watered down further? I've been assigned to the (less than stellar) "C." for years, but as of a few weeks ago, I receive emails from a bunch of random people who claim to be her "assistant." Even emails signed directly by "C." now are sent from a generic "Consumer Affairs" email address, and that's the contact information "C." provides in her signature line.

So at this point, the Concierge benefit is basically the Twitter team, only with much longer response times?
Even if this were the case, I'd be fine with it. I don't use social media and having an e-mail contact that responds within 24 hours to handle administrative tasks is great.

The concierge is one of the perks I value most about Glob and I don't expect "extraordinary service" (I'm not even sure what that means in this context).
Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
In China, concierge is helpful but different - I have a dedicated person but I've never actually spoken to her or emailed her for something. I just get cards/gifts from her once in a while - she gave me a neck massager a few months ago.

One has to call the main China line. 9/10 times they'll take a message and a random concierge will call back later. or they'll just transfer me to the concierge on call but that's rare. If I email, it goes to a group address and someone different responds each time.

I've basically dealt w the same 3-4 people in the last year, none my own concierge. If off hours, I get transferred to a US based Globalist line.

I feel they never have more than a couple concierges working at once in n China, usually one. I called last week and it took 15 hours for a response. The person said the concierge the night before got sick.

I wonder how many Globalists in China. At the last PH I stayed at they said they usually have 5-6 a night.

Overall, it's actually better service than my Starwood ambassador.
I'm in China but my concierge is in the US. This creates a pretty severe delay in communication, especially if I want to do things that are time-sensitive. It hasn't been a problem yet, but would you recommend asking Hyatt for a switch to a concierge in my time zone, based on your experience?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cotton Candy Lobster
I'm in China but my concierge is in the US. This creates a pretty severe delay in communication, especially if I want to do things that are time-sensitive. It hasn't been a problem yet, but would you recommend asking Hyatt for a switch to a concierge in my time zone, based on your experience?
I'm not sure if you speak Chinese (even then the concierges speak English well) but I'd 100% ask to switch to a China based concierge especially as long as covid blocks us from traveling outside. I speak to them in Chinese but they sometimes talk to me in English. I'm fine either way.

Aside from speed of response, my main reason is I believe you should switch is my concierge calls GM, senior mgt on my behalf in their native language. When they do that I feel I get better treatment and flexibility, either a better suite, a suite in advance or free breakfast for my kid etc.

1 PH let me use TSU even when using a free certificate, another let me book a suite on TSU even when not fully available. They figured it out for me.

Since there are so few PHs and Alilas I think the concierges in China build good relations w mgt so can ask/push for extra benefits.

I'm all about friendships and relationships and it works. When the US concierge or Globalist line has called for me on my behalf in China, no exceptions are ever made. I feel the China concierges really take their jobs seriously and us as VIPs. I believe a Globalists goes farther in China than US where there are so many more
Old Mar 1, 2021, 3:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Some very nice MHC experiences here. Mine is largely useless as the proverbial on a bull. And at best I'd make three requests a year, never more complicated then a simply room request.

The concierge didn't offer me the AA status promotion. Three or so months after it was announced, I simply phoned the global concierge number and said I was calling to accept the offer. I was given the match, no questions asked.

On another occasion, I asked the concierge to get in touch with a hotel I'd booked some family into using the Guest of Honor benefit to see if the concierge could arrange for some special welcome amenities as it was the family members' first time abroad. I made it clear I was very happy to pay for something. I ended up having to get in touch with the hotel myself who put on a very, very nice (inexpensive) spread of snacks and drinks as well as decorations in the room, without charging me a cent.

More recently, when a hotel changed the terms of a booking I'd made between the time of booking and checking in, the concierge backed the hotel - until I produced the original confirmation email and screenshots at the time of bookingto show the benefit. The response then was, 'On this occasion, the hotel will honor the benefits'. Oh, thank you, dear concierge, for every so kindly allowing me to afford myself of the contract I entered into. You are ever so gracious.

My concierge has never sent me a gift or reached out proactively in advance of a stay to say 'Hey, I see you're heading to ABC. I've been in touch with the hotel and asked for some extra bottles of still water.' Donuts.
ceebee100 and lautaro like this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I'm not sure if you speak Chinese (even then the concierges speak English well) but I'd 100% ask to switch to a China based concierge especially as long as covid blocks us from traveling outside. I speak to them in Chinese but they sometimes talk to me in English. I'm fine either way.

Aside from speed of response, my main reason is I believe you should switch is my concierge calls GM, senior mgt on my behalf in their native language. When they do that I feel I get better treatment and flexibility, either a better suite, a suite in advance or free breakfast for my kid etc.

1 PH let me use TSU even when using a free certificate, another let me book a suite on TSU even when not fully available. They figured it out for me.

Since there are so few PHs and Alilas I think the concierges in China build good relations w mgt so can ask/push for extra benefits.

I'm all about friendships and relationships and it works. When the US concierge or Globalist line has called for me on my behalf in China, no exceptions are ever made. I feel the China concierges really take their jobs seriously and us as VIPs. I believe a Globalists goes farther in China than US where there are so many more
My Chinese should be better for the length of time I've been here, but it's passable for simple sentences or requests. I've sent out the email asking for the change. No knock on the previous concierge (Joanna Z), who was effective and courteous in all our interactions.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by danger
Some very nice MHC experiences here. Mine is largely useless as the proverbial on a bull. And at best I'd make three requests a year, never more complicated then a simply room request.

The concierge didn't offer me the AA status promotion. Three or so months after it was announced, I simply phoned the global concierge number and said I was calling to accept the offer. I was given the match, no questions asked.

On another occasion, I asked the concierge to get in touch with a hotel I'd booked some family into using the Guest of Honor benefit to see if the concierge could arrange for some special welcome amenities as it was the family members' first time abroad. I made it clear I was very happy to pay for something. I ended up having to get in touch with the hotel myself who put on a very, very nice (inexpensive) spread of snacks and drinks as well as decorations in the room, without charging me a cent.

More recently, when a hotel changed the terms of a booking I'd made between the time of booking and checking in, the concierge backed the hotel - until I produced the original confirmation email and screenshots at the time of bookingto show the benefit. The response then was, 'On this occasion, the hotel will honor the benefits'. Oh, thank you, dear concierge, for every so kindly allowing me to afford myself of the contract I entered into. You are ever so gracious.

My concierge has never sent me a gift or reached out proactively in advance of a stay to say 'Hey, I see you're heading to ABC. I've been in touch with the hotel and asked for some extra bottles of still water.' Donuts.
We must have the same Concierge. Your experiences mirror mine, with the exception of the AA Exp offer. I wasn’t offered either and when I called I was told I didn’t qualify.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was about to complain about my concierge, but you just reminded me about the AA Exec Plat deal so I'll shut up.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I haven't gotten much if anything out of Concierge(s) since the program started (got yet another new one assigned in September - NB). Most of my travel is for business and I require nothing from them. So the rare occasion I contact them is maybe 1-2 times a year for a personal trip or GoH stuff. And really I get nothing special. Most recent interaction was an upcoming booking at the Andaz Maui (a notorious property obviously). I had gotten an award booking but it was 2 queens. Andaz suite was available 6 of 7 nights, no way to apply an upgrade (I know it's the rules, but....). Couldn't even get them to guarantee a king bedded room. When the Andaz suite did finally become available, I contacted Hyatt via Twitter instead of my Concierge because i knew I'd get MUCH faster response that way.

Last time I got good service was before the concierge program started when I had a PL agent. They could actually get stuff done and really talk to a hotel to make deals and guarantees. I miss my PL agent.
antonius66 and ceebee100 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danger
Mirrors my experience. My concierge, CC, has never contacted me and in my few interactions, usually regarding TSU, the response is pretty much what a twitter agent would give me.

How does one request a switch? At worst I'll get an equally bad one
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
I have a good concierge, but agree they really vary a lot!

So seems luck of the draw matters more then anything.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 2:52 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shelby101
Mine is Quita and she has been very responsive.
way to go Quita. 👍
I just got assigned QL. Hoping for a great working relationship for the next couple of years.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:51 am

How does one go about requesting to be assigned a different concierge ?
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 3:13 pm

New Globalist thanks to the Bonus Journeys promo. Was assigned concierge MB. Hoping she is not as bad as some of the others discussed here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.