Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Because I don’t want to set your expectations too high or put anyone on the spot.

AS IS ENTIRELY APPROPRIATE IMHO - I do think what they can do for you/me is at least partially tied to your actual $ spending w/Hyatt (base points earned). Glob is, for now, a status you can get by spending very little $ (or none if you are a big time credit card user for other purposes) and I really think those who spend next to nothing to get Glob should adjust their expectations accordingly (i.e. upgrades, concierge “favors”, etc...)
I'm pretty sure they don't care at all if you're earning Globalist by spending $150k. Realistically they probably like you more than the average Globalist! Almost zero cost to them, and probably 1.5k net profit.
Old May 21, 2020, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
My Hyatt concierge and the others who sub for her on occasion have been really helpful to me. So much better than many customer service reps.

I was thinking of sending them some cookies or chocolates or something.

Do they work out of this address below I got on an email? Or from home? How many are there?

Or is there some reason I shouldn’t do this?

Thanks for any thoughts.

World of Hyatt - My Hyatt Concierge
Omaha Contact Center - Americas

9805 Q Street, Omaha, NE 68127
Old May 21, 2020, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Mine works from home, and not in the same state as Omaha. She's full time but she told me that many work part time, which makes me suspect that many others work from home too.
Old May 21, 2020, 1:20 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
My Hyatt concierge and the others who sub for her on occasion have been really helpful to me. So much better than many customer service reps.

I was thinking of sending them some cookies or chocolates or something.

Do they work out of this address below I got on an email? Or from home? How many are there?

Or is there some reason I shouldn’t do this?

Thanks for any thoughts.

World of Hyatt - My Hyatt Concierge
Omaha Contact Center - Americas

9805 Q Street, Omaha, NE 68127
My MHC works from home, and I suspect many of the others do as well. I don't know of a way to send a shareable gift to several of them, but you easily send someting like an Amazon gift card via email to your MHC.
Old May 22, 2020, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by skj
My MHC works from home, and I suspect many of the others do as well. I don't know of a way to send a shareable gift to several of them, but you easily send someting like an Amazon gift card via email to your MHC.
This is a great idea. I appreciate my MHC, but think asking her for address to send something would be weird. Thanks for the good idea.
MSPeconomist and TSTraveler like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 2:06 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Has the Concierge benefit been watered down further? I've been assigned to the (less than stellar) "C." for years, but as of a few weeks ago, I receive emails from a bunch of random people who claim to be her "assistant." Even emails signed directly by "C." now are sent from a generic "Consumer Affairs" email address, and that's the contact information "C." provides in her signature line.

So at this point, the Concierge benefit is basically the Twitter team, only with much longer response times?
Old Feb 27, 2021, 2:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
Has the Concierge benefit been watered down further? I've been assigned to the (less than stellar) "C." for years, but as of a few weeks ago, I receive emails from a bunch of random people who claim to be her "assistant." Even emails signed directly by "C." now are sent from a generic "Consumer Affairs" email address, and that's the contact information "C." provides in her signature line.

So at this point, the Concierge benefit is basically the Twitter team, only with much longer response times?

MHC is fairly responsive. When she’s not in the office a colleague will respond on her behalf.

MHC is more personalized than Twitter and can do much more. Two examples MHC can do but Twitter Concierge cannot would be -

Guest of Honor Bookings

Exchanging Category 1-4 or 1-7 Certificates for points after expiration.

In addition to that if you have an issue while on property MHC usually will be proactive and contact the hotel to try to resolve the issue. While Twitter would usually say to just call down to the FD and ask for a manager.

I’m not sure what exactly you’re expecting from MHC.

For basic requests I tend just to message Twitter things like -

Applying a TSU

Checking if a Property Offers Globalist Parking on Award Stays (and paid stays during promos offering it)

Confirming Promo Terms for a current Promo
(For example - During the current Points Rebate promo I wanted to ask if I booked multiple rooms would I receive the rebate on all rooms booked, the answer was Yes. It’s a pretty trivial question so I didn’t feel it was worth asking MHC)

Things like that. Even though MHC is there I tend just to message Twitter for minor things.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

My guy is amazing (shout out EQ!)

I only get notes from another concierge (KB, also great responses) on his two days off.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:35 pm

You can ask Hyatt to change concierge. KB and VB are good.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
My guy is amazing (shout out EQ!)

I only get notes from another concierge (KB, also great responses) on his two days off.
I can definitely second that, EQ is great and I also occasionally hear from KB when EQ is out. Both are great.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:28 pm

So, any thoughts about the value of the concerige in 2022? With "Globalists" emerging at 30 nights (or 15, with the double night credit), is the concerige going to be an advantage over Globalists-lite or will it make no difference?
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
In China, concierge is helpful but different - I have a dedicated person but I've never actually spoken to her or emailed her for something. I just get cards/gifts from her once in a while - she gave me a neck massager a few months ago.

One has to call the main China line. 9/10 times they'll take a message and a random concierge will call back later. or they'll just transfer me to the concierge on call but that's rare. If I email, it goes to a group address and someone different responds each time.

I've basically dealt w the same 3-4 people in the last year, none my own concierge. If off hours, I get transferred to a US based Globalist line.

I feel they never have more than a couple concierges working at once in n China, usually one. I called last week and it took 15 hours for a response. The person said the concierge the night before got sick.

I wonder how many Globalists in China. At the last PH I stayed at they said they usually have 5-6 a night.

Overall, it's actually better service than my Starwood ambassador.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Anyone else have MB? Thoughts
Old Feb 28, 2021, 1:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Curious to know if anyone has ME and if they receive extraordinary service.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 3:49 am

I'm enjoying my Europe-based MHC experience to date - she has been very helpful in resolving an issue where a local GH decided, without publishing it anywhere in the booking process, that my corporate rate was "too low" to give points/nights credit. Less impressive was the responses from her colleagues while she was out of the office, but it was all good in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.