Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
My experience has always been getting a reply to my original email request, about 24-48 hours later, usually with an additional question about my request making me question why I even sent an email to MHC in the first place. So now, I just go directly to Twitter Hyatt dm and get a response and resolution within 10 minutes.
Your experiences seem to mimic mine. We probably have the same MHC (Are her initials ME?)
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Your experiences seem to mimic mine. We probably have the same MHC (Are her initials ME?)
Yep, and that's why I won't be sad about losing MHC since I only hit 44 nights this year. I'll keep Glob but lose MHC. No big loss. Much better response from Twitter team and it's instant.
ceebee100 and computerguy like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Yep, and that's why I won't be sad about losing MHC since I only hit 44 nights this year. I'll keep Glob but lose MHC. No big loss. Much better response from Twitter team and it's instant.
*it used to be instant
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
If I had a complicated reservation with lots of details I guess I wouldn't mind waiting the 24-48 hours to get a reply from MHC but it just seems like every reply after the initial reply then takes 6-8 hours. After a few back and forths over email I swear 3-4 days have gone by and I haven't really made much progress toward finalizing my reservation which is where I scratch my head and ask, is this really adding value? The answer has always been no.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Still haven't received my initial contact after hitting 60 nights on the 22nd
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:08 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
need to change concierge...

My concierge (initials DL), asked me if I was a travel agent when I inquired about Prive rates for my solo stay...

How do I change my concierge? Any good referrals/names?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 100k, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
My concierge (initials DL), asked me if I was a travel agent when I inquired about Prive rates for my solo stay...

What did you expect to happen? Prive rates can only be booked through travel agents
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:40 pm

Yeah I'm not sure what the problem is there
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:02 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

why would you ask Hyatt about Privé rates. I think the agents question is absolutely appropriate. Maybe the Concierge should change the guest.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:07 pm

So called in and asked to get a concierge changed. The person said she's never done it before but she put in the request.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Still haven't received my initial contact after hitting 60 nights on the 22nd
I had a concierge (Karen the one that retired) and didn't get reassigned til weeks later. I don't know how they determine who to assign concierges to first.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I had a concierge (Karen the one that retired) and didn't get reassigned til weeks later. I don't know how they determine who to assign concierges to first.
When did you get the reassignment notification? Karen's last day was apparently December 17th, and I was reassigned immediately, on the evening of the same day, with an email from my new WOH concierge about six hours after the end of Karen's normal work hours.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When did you get the reassignment notification? Karen's last day was apparently December 16th, and I was reassigned immediately.
So Karen sent me an email the 16th saying she was retiring (Friday would be her last day, which would have been the 17th). And I never got anything from anybody until the 29th of December, which was Jenny introducing herself. Karen did say to expect an intro email in the next couple of weeks, so the timing is appropriate.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by s0ssos
So Karen sent me an email the 16th saying she was retiring (Friday would be her last day, which would have been the 17th). And I never got anything from anybody until the 29th of December, which was Jenny introducing herself. Karen did say to expect an intro email in the next couple of weeks, so the timing is appropriate.
Interesting. I didn't get anything from Karen saying that she was leaving.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Interesting. I didn't get anything from Karen saying that she was leaving.
I think it just happened to coincide with me sending her an email.
But per the mod on another thread I cannot post her email, as that would be revealing personal information. She seemed very happy to be leaving though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.