Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:07 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Anyone else's Concierge go a bit quiet as of late...?
mine continues to be very responsive and gets back to me literally within less than half a day, if not even within minutes.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Anyone else's Concierge go a bit quiet as of late...?
With the recent retirement of one I believe the globalists got redistributed to the rest for now so understandable that they're overworked a bit.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
With the recent retirement of one I believe the globalists got redistributed to the rest for now so understandable that they're overworked a bit.
A new concierge was also promoted (from within Hyatt) recently, and many were reassigned to the new one. There was apparently some overlap of a few weeks or months as the new concierge learned the job.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A new concierge was also promoted (from within Hyatt) recently, and many were reassigned to the new one.
Oh hadn't heard that one! I know my new one said they got almost 50% more assignments right after the retirement.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Oh hadn't heard that one! I know my new one said they got almost 50% more assignments right after the retirement.
That doesn't make sense because there are a lot more than three concierges in the USA, although some of them only work part time.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:58 pm

My current concierge takes days to respond, if they respond. Usually one of their co-workers responds. I'm looking for a specific room combination where the co-worker responded saying it is not available. I gave the hotel a call and said it is available. Additionally, the co-worker said we can request 4pm checkout but if they cannot offer it then they can store my baggage. I thought 4pm checkout was guaranteed, but it seems that is not a thing at centric brands?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
My current concierge takes days to respond, if they respond. Usually one of their co-workers responds. I'm looking for a specific room combination where the co-worker responded saying it is not available. I gave the hotel a call and said it is available. Additionally, the co-worker said we can request 4pm checkout but if they cannot offer it then they can store my baggage. I thought 4pm checkout was guaranteed, but it seems that is not a thing at centric brands?
4 pm is guaranteed unless it's a resort. Centric is not. Just stay until 4 they can't kick you out.
EuropeanPete and ceebee100 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I like my concierge a lot but man...just minimal to no response lately...
EuropeanPete, ceebee100 and Skink like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:11 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nas6034
I thought 4pm checkout was guaranteed, but it seems that is not a thing at centric brands?
4pm checkout is a Glob benefit unless the property is a resort. The property brand is not a reliable indicator of whether the property is a resort or not. There are at least 3 Centrics that are resorts - Key West, Park City, and Waikiki - and even a HP - Moab.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
One thing is perfectly clear to me regarding using the Hyatt MyConcierce contact.....DO NOT COMMUNICATE VIA EMAIL. Why? My last email received a response 45 hours after I had sent it. I did get a reply with the information I had requested but waiting for two days for a response just won't work for me, ever. It's also interesting in that in the reply message that I received, MHC said they would be out of the office soon so if I had any further questions I should just contact the normal 888 Globalist hotline number.

So this brings me back to where this MHC path always seems to lead me, what is the value of having a dedicated MHC when calling the Glob hotline or simply DMing Hyatt on Twitter gets you the same response but usually in less than 2 hours, never in 2 days?
nas6034, ceebee100 and js1993 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
I'm pretty frustrated with this "benefit". I only get e-mail responses once its my concierge's day off and someone else is handling their e-mail. Those folks have been helpful, but it is usually 3-5 days later.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Over the course of 2021, MHC became increasingly worthless, culminating in a bunch of dodges and misinformation at the end of December concerning expiring certs.

I just use the twitter team. They're great.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've always had good results just calling the phone number. If my concierge is not available it gives me the option to talk to the next available concierge, which I always do.

Maybe my requests just aren't that complicated but they have always handled it well. This includes giving me points and TSUs for everything that expired in December 2021, and, back in 2019, checking to see if I was targeted for the AA EXP promo, seeing that I was, and comping me the status (which I still have, thanks to a couple of extensions).

The only other times I have called it was to apply a suite upgrade, or make a reservation using some combination of multiple certs and points when the web page was not giving the option. They always handled it and the phone call was never more than 5 minutes.

Also, my concierge always enrolls me in whatever quarterly promo is going on, which is a minor thing but covenient.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:58 pm

My concierge does not auto-enroll me in promos and takes days to respond.

Last edited by BaconSF; Oct 11, 2023 at 4:26 am
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
So called in and asked to get a concierge changed. The person said she's never done it before but she put in the request.
any update here?

Last edited by BaconSF; Oct 11, 2023 at 4:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.