Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
Passed 60 nights a couple of days ago , the Cat 1-7 and Suite Upgrades both posted but no email about a personal concierge. When I spoke to a reg csr last night about clarifying something I asked her and she said it was odd that she saw none had been assigned as of yet and said shed escalate it How long does it usually take till one is assigned?
It usually happens about a week or so after hitting 60 nights.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by coleslaw
It usually happens about a week or so after hitting 60 nights.
Thx, wont really them it till my 1-7 is about to exp. I pushed crossing the 60th night as much as I could but just doubt Id be able to use it before it exps 3/22, since I doubt any Country will let me in that I will go to as a tourist. Not able to get the vax. Im over loaded with ABs off the chart due to what they put into me when I was in hospital for C-19 last Oct. Heck I cant even enter a restaurant here in NYC since I dont have a Vax card
Old Sep 30, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Got an email from my concierge today, checked out for 60 nights 4 days ago .
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:12 pm

Anyone knows how to re-assign a concierge?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by AMPfromBNA
I had Anne S. since Private line became Concierge. Found the service and her helpfulness as minimal, similar to other reports. On a trip to Ziva Jamaica I had a major issue with the hotel. I was on a paid night with a suite upgrade applied. I was given a suite that shared a wall with their night club. The wall shakes all night long on our first night. The property refused to move us, so I reached out to my concierge (Anne) to see if she could help, and basically I got a one sentence apology and zero assistance. I ended up convincing the hotel to move me to a standard room and to provide some points to offset the upgrade cert.

I never used Anne again. About a month ago I was told my concierge Anne left, and my new concierge is Katisha. I tried using the service again and am so far very underwhelmed. I just don’t see the value proposition. Maybe the Twitter team is just so much better (despite being the same people as others suggest - just with a better chance of getting a top performing agent).

Im in my 6th year as a Diamond/Globalist with >110 nights the last 2 years and likely this year. Im still waiting on any “surprise and delight” moments from my concierge service.

RIP SPG ambassador program. You set the bar high. If Hyatt could replicate it, it would be a slam dunk. Isn’t that why Hyatt recruited all of those SPG VPs, anyways?
She is back...
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by Jwww
She is back...
NOOOOOO
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
What is the process to request to be assigned to a new MHC? Is it worth trying or are they all less than stellar?
We are finding ours to be generally lackluster and lately not even that responsive. We have been Globalist/Diamond for several years and 150+ nights so far this year. In the past, I contacted the hotel myself, tweeted, and generally made myself known beforehand with some very positive results. I've tried using the concierge to see what the results would be and so far it has not been good. Actually, I'd say about the same as just booking the hotel and showing up... The few times we've had problems with a property those issues were not really addressed either and I ended up dealing with the property directly anyway. Requesting that we be registered for any/all promotions has had mixed results so I've gone back to doing that myself.
I'm seeing similar complaints in the previous posts - has anyone successfully been reassigned to someone who actually does what Hyatt says this is supposed to be?
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by bzbdewd
What is the process to request to be assigned to a new MHC? Is it worth trying or are they all less than stellar?
We are finding ours to be generally lackluster and lately not even that responsive. We have been Globalist/Diamond for several years and 150+ nights so far this year. In the past, I contacted the hotel myself, tweeted, and generally made myself known beforehand with some very positive results. I've tried using the concierge to see what the results would be and so far it has not been good. Actually, I'd say about the same as just booking the hotel and showing up... The few times we've had problems with a property those issues were not really addressed either and I ended up dealing with the property directly anyway. Requesting that we be registered for any/all promotions has had mixed results so I've gone back to doing that myself.
I'm seeing similar complaints in the previous posts - has anyone successfully been reassigned to someone who actually does what Hyatt says this is supposed to be?
Curious about this as well. i feel like when I call and she isn't working there are some really good ones (granted, mixed with some who don't seem to want to help). Surprised at how inconsistent their inclination to help us to be honest.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Curious about this as well. i feel like when I call and she isn't working there are some really good ones (granted, mixed with some who don't seem to want to help). Surprised at how inconsistent their inclination to help us to be honest.
I've run a few service organizations ranging from tier 1 support (e.g., help me reset my password) to financial advisors for HNW clients -- I imagine Hyatt has a lot of issues keeping folks who are excellent at concierge in that role for too long (1-2 years tops).
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by manu08
I've run a few service organizations ranging from tier 1 support (e.g., help me reset my password) to financial advisors for HNW clients -- I imagine Hyatt has a lot of issues keeping folks who are excellent at concierge in that role for too long (1-2 years tops).
I believe you, just feels awkward having to HUCA to a concierge line lol. I'll need to remember the names of the great ones and ask if I can speak to them next time.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Edward Quin is amazing! Got switched to him earlier this year and he is the best I have had in the 12 years I have been Diamond/Globalist.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joey965
Edward Quin is amazing! Got switched to him earlier this year and he is the best I have had in the 12 years I have been Diamond/Globalist.
Do you have some examples of what he was able to assist you with (/improvement vs prior concierges)?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:35 pm

Sent a request to my concierge 24 hours ago to check on applying a suite upgrade and availability for a stay next year....crickets. No response and its now past the 24 hour SLA. I went to Twitter and did a DM with Hyatt Concierge and in 5 minutes got my booking. Seriously, ...? I'm happy Twitter is so responsive but does Hyatt realize that they are seriously dropping the ball on their expectations to Globalists? I think I know the answer...
Old Oct 29, 2021, 12:04 am

it's for a stay next year -- does it matter whether it's resolved within 24 hours or not? don't see how waiting a little longer would make much difference in your case.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by lechamber
it's for a stay next year -- does it matter whether it's resolved within 24 hours or not? don't see how waiting a little longer would make much difference in your case.
Its about more than just the hotel room reservation. When you find a great price on a round trip airline ticket to your destination for example, and there are only 2 seats remaining at that price. Or how about only 2 seats remaining on the route you want using airline miles. From experience, those seats disappear quickly, then you have to search again using different dates. Coordinating the hotel and airline booking process is sometimes VERY time critical especially for popular destinations.

I learned a simple lesson....use Hyatt Concierge on Twitter and the experience is much better and quicker.
cmjaffe and ceebee100 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.