Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skchin
Why don't you use the concierge?
My experience is that DM'ing the twitter team gets a response for most things in 5-30 minutes. Anytime, anywhere, 24 hours a day.

Turnaround time from my concierge is normally 6-12 hours. And sometimes it just goes to their backup because they're out of the office.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jameswes
My experience is that DM'ing the twitter team gets a response for most things in 5-30 minutes. Anytime, anywhere, 24 hours a day.

Turnaround time from my concierge is normally 6-12 hours. And sometimes it just goes to their backup because they're out of the office.
Totally agree - concierge is fine for things that aren't time sensitive (positive or negative feedback post stays, questions about promotions, etc) but Twitter can't be beaten for ease and amount of time you need to invest.
Old May 10, 2021, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jameswes

IMO your own WOH concierge should keep you informed about his/her hours, so that you can try to contact them during their work hours.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by skchin
Why don't you use the concierge?
It's much quicker just calling the globlist general number.
ceebee100, drewp123 and Jwww like this.
Old May 23, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
I’m looking for feedback on whether I need to temper expectations or request a new concierge.

I’m at the PH Paris now, and was told their spa is closed. At check-in I learn it’s not (there’s just modified hours and services).

I’ve also had issues with points posting correctly (who hasn’t), but my concierge’s initial reaction is almost always “if it didn’t post it didn’t qualify”, rather than researching.

E.g., services at the HR Kyoto spa didn’t post, so therefore it mustn’t have qualified. Only after pushing did she research and resolve the issue (in my favor).

For reference, I spend 100+ nights and spend $30k+, and really just want a reliable source of information.

Is this normal or should I request one of the above mentioned concierges that goes a bit further with their service?
Old May 23, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by drewp123
I’m looking for feedback on whether I need to temper expectations or request a new concierge.

I’m at the PH Paris now, and was told their spa is closed. At check-in I learn it’s not (there’s just modified hours and services).

I’ve also had issues with points posting correctly (who hasn’t), but my concierge’s initial reaction is almost always “if it didn’t post it didn’t qualify”, rather than researching.

E.g., services at the HR Kyoto spa didn’t post, so therefore it mustn’t have qualified. Only after pushing did she research and resolve the issue (in my favor).

For reference, I spend 100+ nights and spend $30k+, and really just want a reliable source of information.

Is this normal or should I request one of the above mentioned concierges that goes a bit further with their service?
I can't tell if what you're describing is just your personalities not gelling (maybe you communicate in a way differently than the concierge does), or if they're just not taking your tasks seriously.

I also get the sense your concierge is quick to offer "knowledge" without verifying it is current.... (i.e. maybe they assumed the spa was closed without checking, assumed the computer was right for points posting, etc.). If that's the case, that may be solved by you inviting them to investigate, rather than just asking a question.
Old May 23, 2021, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by drewp123
I'd ask for a new concierge.
Old May 28, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, ProrityClub
My Hyatt Concierge

Hi there, just wondering how you get your Concierge appointed. Like living in Europe I do have a concierge in the US.
Any Lifetime Globalists in Europe having My Concierge in Europe ?
Old May 28, 2021, 6:26 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by LuxTravel
Hi there, just wondering how you get your Concierge appointed. Like living in Europe I do have a concierge in the US.
Any Lifetime Globalists in Europe having My Concierge in Europe ?

you should get an e-mail shortly after becoming Globalist.
My Concierge is in Mainz (I have 2 typically, both VERY GOOD)

Last edited by peteropny; May 28, 2021 at 10:09 am Reason: Irrelevant after merging
Old May 28, 2021, 6:37 am

I am lifetime Globalist for more than 13 years already .....I had an email but as I say it's one in the USA ...
Old May 28, 2021, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
you should get an e-mail shortly after becoming Globalist.
My Concierge is in Mainz (I have 2 typically, both VERY GOOD)!!!

Please refer to the Master Thread for many questions and experiences.
Globalist Concierge Advice
I am lifetime Globalist for more than 13 years already .....I had an email but as I say it's one in the USA ...
maybe because 20 years back they only had the ones in the US ?
Old May 28, 2021, 7:01 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by LuxTravel
maybe because 20 years back they only had the ones in the US ?
sorry, overread the part that you already have one. Suggest contacting your MHC and have you transferred to Mainz if you prefer. They are really very good, efficient and go above and beyond.
LuxTravel and craigthemif like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 11:37 pm

What are the global locations of Globalist Concierge contact centers? (Obviously the US), mainland China and Germany, any other locations?
Old May 29, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Try sending a DM with the same questions to the Hyatt Twitter account. I've had good responses from that team. I talked with my Concierge a few weeks ago and asked about the difference between MyConcierge and Hyatt Twitter and was told they are two separate teams.

The SLA response time for MC is 24 hours while the Twitter team seems to respond in under 1 hour. MC told me that they are to be used more for setting up future reservations and more complex travel arrangements while the Twitter team is for ad-hoc questions.

Try the Twitter team to see how they respond.
ryandc99 and CodeAdam10 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
I went over 60 nights last week. How long does it take before I'm assigned a MHC or even hear any acknowledgement. I know that I shouldn't necessarily expect much. I don't ask much since I usually stay at the same property week after week, and the sales manager there takes care of me. However, I'm still a little excited by the concept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.