Globalist Concierge Advice

Old Nov 18, 18, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Mixed experiences with bookings handled by Valerie. Some outstanding, some poor. Getting a hotel to get a TSu applied when there was online availability, outstanding. However, had a 7 night stay that became a 10 night stay, wanted to apply a 2nd TSU so I could be sure if a suite- she said it was done, and when I said it didn’t look right online, she insisted it was ok. Call the hotel the day prior to check in things, they denied there were two TSUs applied and had me doing a few room changes during the stay. After escalating with the hotel, got it sorted out, but not without hassle.
Old Nov 18, 18, 7:27 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, Hyatt Diamond
If memory serves me correctly, I have been contacted twice about my concierges in the past 9 years to see how things were going from a manager of this department. Once was when my first PLA left the company and they asked me if her replacement was working out and she was great! I also received a call when the new WoH Concierge program rolled out and they asked me if I wanted to stick with my PLA or change to someone new. I believe for many reasons they should proactively reach out annually to those with concierges or send a survey to gather feedback and find the best option for the customer if they are not receiving the service they believe they should be. They send a Medallia survey after each stay so they have the technology to do this and could see how much perceived benefit customers are getting from various concierges to see how best to improve the team. That would avoid a post like this which I am sure many people can relate to but would also mean Hyatt is interested in the feedback.
Old Nov 18, 18, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ronbo83 View Post
If memory serves me correctly, I have been contacted twice about my concierges in the past 9 years to see how things were going from a manager of this department. Once was when my first PLA left the company and they asked me if her replacement was working out and she was great! I also received a call when the new WoH Concierge program rolled out and they asked me if I wanted to stick with my PLA or change to someone new. I believe for many reasons they should proactively reach out annually to those with concierges or send a survey to gather feedback and find the best option for the customer if they are not receiving the service they believe they should be. They send a Medallia survey after each stay so they have the technology to do this and could see how much perceived benefit customers are getting from various concierges to see how best to improve the team. That would avoid a post like this which I am sure many people can relate to but would also mean Hyatt is interested in the feedback.
I got the email about whether I wanted to keep my PLA (by then not the amazing Michelle or I would have really complained) or get a new person for WOH when the program changed. Before I could reply, I was assigned a new person, who then quit in less than two weeks, so that I never had any contact with him. I felt a bit bad that perhaps my PLA would think that I had requested someone different.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Nov 21, 18 at 2:01 am Reason: correcting autocorrect
Old Nov 20, 18, 9:33 pm

I do think there may be a relationship between your Hyatt Grifter Index and the concierge you get assigned to.

In my case, I really had to beg to get a concierge at all.
Old Nov 21, 18, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
I do think there may be a relationship between your Hyatt Grifter Index and the concierge you get assigned to.

In my case, I really had to beg to get a concierge at all.
Did you get globalist through 60 nights? If you get it comped or through some promo you don't get a concierge. I still don't have one and I've been Diamond/Globalist for 2 and a half years. I'll have one next year though...
Old Nov 21, 18, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Absolutely useless benefit and to be frank, "Brock" who is also doing the social media liaison for Hyatt here on FT has been far from stellar. I requested a replacement!
Old Nov 21, 18, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Did you get globalist through 60 nights? If you get it comped or through some promo you don't get a concierge. I still don't have one and I've been Diamond/Globalist for 2 and a half years. I'll have one next year though...
Last year I qualified on points.
Old Nov 21, 18, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I also have Michelle...and has been solid for me. I haven't made any real difficult requests - usually just checking for suite upgrades, or changing dates on existing reservations.

Best thing is average response time to email is less than 2 hrs. Pretty consistently - maybe longest was 4 hrs, and sometimes less than 1.
Old Nov 21, 18, 8:48 pm

My concierge Michelle is amazing, she helps get me suite upgrades when none show available and is generally very responsive. For example I had a cat 1-4 cert that expired, one email and I got 10k in points deposited into my account. She is truly amazing.
Old Nov 22, 18, 7:40 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I have Michelle as well and she’s been extremely responsive and helpful. She responds within minutes if I email her, and calls me to follow up on reservation requests/searches.

Old Jan 4, 19, 2:57 pm

Awesome, I just got assigned Michelle. I hope she is the same Michelle who you are all praising.
Old Jan 4, 19, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
So I have been a Diamond/Globalist for 10 years. Never even knew I had a Concierge. Then I got an email last February from Joanna saying her email was changing and gave me the new one. Email also stated that Valerie was my secondary. OK, so now I know who my concierge is, but haven't heard from her since. Over 80 nights this year. Perhaps I should call and ask for Michelle.
Old Jan 4, 19, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm starting to wonder whether the amazing Michelle in this thread is the same Michelle who was my wonderful private line agent before she apparently left Hyatt.

My former Michelle had a last name starting with L? Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Old Jan 4, 19, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I'm starting to wonder whether the amazing Michelle in this thread is the same Michelle who was my wonderful private line agent before she apparently left Hyatt.

My former Michelle had a last name starting with L? Does this sound familiar to anyone?
J here
Old Jan 4, 19, 8:31 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I have Michelle J too....she has been great. When i reached LF globalist while staying at London Andaz she let the hotel know and they sent up champagne and cupcakes . She is always super quick responding to all my queries. Couldn't be happier with her

Search this Thread
Search Engine: