Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by JMo74
For someone who does not use Twitter at all, can you explain how to contact them on Twitter?
FYI for you and anyone who might use facebook and not twitter, I always contact using facebook messenger and my experience has been much like everyone describes on twitter...effective, knowledgeable, fast service generally performed by a team (they always sign their name at the end). I would suspect it's the same people on both and since I do not use twitter either I am perfectly happy with facebook messaging.
Maui4me1 and JMo74 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:37 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I always find it very helpful just to call. Even Twitter takes time to respond.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
I always find it very helpful just to call. Even Twitter takes time to respond.
If it's time sensitive, that's definitely the way to go. On the other hand, a lot of people (myself included) hate talking on the phone. I also vastly prefer having a written record I can reference.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
How do you find the concierge address for your region? I am between the middle east and Europe, if anyone has it, I would appreciate it.
Further to my earlier post, couple of you DM'ed me the concierge address for Europe and I emailed them, however no reply, so I tried twitter (not an active twitter user but gave it a go) they were super prompt and replied and within 24 hours I had been appointed a concierge person

She introduced herself and just said apologies for the delay (but no acknowledgement of the 5 emails I had sent over the last couple of months of being a globalist) so I responded saying I appreciate the email however would like to understand what happened etc, she called me straight away and explained from her side and was extremely friendly and polite and assured me going forward she will take care of things.

I was REALLY impressed, I have had 4 Marriott Ambassadors over the years and all of them have been pretty hopeless and actually are getting worse each time so honestly this was a breath of fresh air!!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I tried calling my concierge for 1st as emails have not always been promptly replied to - was put on hold for over 20 minutes before I was connected to any concierge in my region.

Think I'll just stick with app, globalist hotline in us, and calling properties directly.

Concierge it seems will be like Marriott ambassador for me... not particularly useful
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Dumb (probably!) question but I don't see concierge service listed as a Glob benefit @ hyatt.com

Is there another tier/milestone above 60 nights I'm not seeing? I had SPG Ambassador status for a long time and found the concierge and status pretty useful but that's over now. Be nice if WoH is as nice at that level.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Dumb (probably!) question but I don't see concierge service listed as a Glob benefit @ hyatt.com

Is there another tier/milestone above 60 nights I'm not seeing? I had SPG Ambassador status for a long time and found the concierge and status pretty useful but that's over now. Be nice if WoH is as nice at that level.
10K points or a TSU at 70/80/90/100 nights
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by JMo74
For someone who does not use Twitter at all, can you explain how to contact them on Twitter?
There's a direct message function on Twitter. On the profile page of the user (in this case @ Hyatt), the icon for direct message looks like the back of an envelope.
JMo74 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:16 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Further to my earlier post, couple of you DM'ed me the concierge address for Europe and I emailed them, however no reply, so I tried twitter (not an active twitter user but gave it a go) they were super prompt and replied and within 24 hours I had been appointed a concierge person

She introduced herself and just said apologies for the delay (but no acknowledgement of the 5 emails I had sent over the last couple of months of being a globalist) so I responded saying I appreciate the email however would like to understand what happened etc, she called me straight away and explained from her side and was extremely friendly and polite and assured me going forward she will take care of things.

I was REALLY impressed, I have had 4 Marriott Ambassadors over the years and all of them have been pretty hopeless and actually are getting worse each time so honestly this was a breath of fresh air!!
But they should have responded in the first place.
ryandc99, AbuCordoba and Hydro88 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
OK. I just had a great experience with concierge after trouble reaching them.

I tried calling concierge in China (the # is the same as the main line). This is annoying as I have to say I want concierge and they'll transfer me usual after getting confused I want globalist concierge and not the hotel one. Today I clicked talk in English and they switched me to America customer service automatically. Annoying. I had to hang up, call back and click Chinese language. Got to China C'S that then transferred to concierge. Again agent was confused at globalist concierge vs hotel one.

they should change the name from concierge to ambassador or something.

Pain having to call twice and talk to 2 people before getting to a concierge (mine was not there and neither was the replacement one I know). Anyway...

However, concierge was great. I'm staying at a GH in Australia. I booked a guest of honor for my family in Dubai. The concierge requested a suite and full breakfast upgrade. It was granted.

This was hugely nice. Thanks HR Dubai. Thanks concierge. My family and I are traveling and can't get back home because of virus. Hyatt is going to see a lot of my money because they taking care of my family when I'm not with them. Marriott said there was nothing that could be done to give them benefits of I'm not there (ie they adhere to program terms but don't don't go above and beyond).

I'm only 2nd year globalist, lifetime titanium. Sometimes a little flexibly from program terms is warranted. Grosvenor House in Dubai where I've stayed many times wouldn't be flexible in
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SHLTP
OK. I just had a great experience with concierge after trouble reaching them.

I tried calling concierge in China (the # is the same as the main line). This is annoying as I have to say I want concierge and they'll transfer me usual after getting confused I want globalist concierge and not the hotel one. Today I clicked talk in English and they switched me to America customer service automatically. Annoying. I had to hang up, call back and click Chinese language. Got to China C'S that then transferred to concierge. Again agent was confused at globalist concierge vs hotel one.

they should change the name from concierge to ambassador or something.

Pain having to call twice and talk to 2 people before getting to a concierge (mine was not there and neither was the replacement one I know). Anyway...

However, concierge was great. I'm staying at a GH in Australia. I booked a guest of honor for my family in Dubai. The concierge requested a suite and full breakfast upgrade. It was granted.

This was hugely nice. Thanks HR Dubai. Thanks concierge. My family and I are traveling and can't get back home because of virus. Hyatt is going to see a lot of my money because they taking care of my family when I'm not with them. Marriott said there was nothing that could be done to give them benefits of I'm not there (ie they adhere to program terms but don't don't go above and beyond).

I'm only 2nd year globalist, lifetime titanium. Sometimes a little flexibly from program terms is warranted. Grosvenor House in Dubai where I've stayed many times wouldn't be flexible in
This is one of many things I love about Hyatt. Always taken good care of my family when I had to fly in late or was working else where.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Love the Concierge service. Don’t use them much but when I do always come away impressed.... clearly they are Hyatt’s best agents (mines been there 25 years) and have more “power” as I’ve seen demonstrated several times (not going into details but they’ve done things for me that went way beyond what I expected...)
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
(not going into details but they’ve done things for me that went way beyond what I expected...)
Why not? I'd love to know!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hydro88
Why not? I'd love to know!
Because I don’t want to set your expectations too high or put anyone on the spot.

AS IS ENTIRELY APPROPRIATE IMHO - I do think what they can do for you/me is at least partially tied to your actual $ spending w/Hyatt (base points earned). Glob is, for now, a status you can get by spending very little $ (or none if you are a big time credit card user for other purposes) and I really think those who spend next to nothing to get Glob should adjust their expectations accordingly (i.e. upgrades, concierge “favors”, etc...)
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
I do think what they can do for you/me is at least partially tied to your actual $ spending w/Hyatt (base points earned). Glob is, for now, a status you can get by spending very little $ (or none if you are a big time credit card user for other purposes) and I really think those who spend next to nothing to get Glob should adjust their expectations accordingly (i.e. upgrades, concierge “favors”, etc...)
Very true. But this gives you sway with the individual properties, too, IME, so I'm always curious what the special things are that the fabled Concierges are able to do in addition to this. I can empathize with your reluctance to divulge, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.