Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Globalist Concierge Advice

So my Concierge is utterly useless.... I'm lucky if "Cathy" even responds to my emails (let alone a voicemail) and is clearly capable of nothing I can't get from the Twitter Concierge.

That said, I know that GOOD ones exist because I've heard about them. Any advice as to who to ask for, or how to get a better Concierge?

Thanks!
sdadept, ACC2008, ryandc99 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
"Michelle" has been very responsive for me.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
I just had a new one "Quita" assigned. Anyone have any experience?

8 or 9 years ago, I had an absolute rock start of a private line agent that I know a few others around here also had (Keka). After she left Hyatt, the replacements that they assigned me were useless so I stopped bothering to engage with them. I'm curious to see if this new one provides a benefit or not.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
I just had a new one "Quita" assigned. Anyone have any experience?

8 or 9 years ago, I had an absolute rock start of a private line agent that I know a few others around here also had (Keka). After she left Hyatt, the replacements that they assigned me were useless so I stopped bothering to engage with them. I'm curious to see if this new one provides a benefit or not.
How did you go about getting a new one assigned?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
So my Concierge is utterly useless.... I'm lucky if "Cathy" even responds to my emails (let alone a voicemail) and is clearly capable of nothing I can't get from the Twitter Concierge.

That said, I know that GOOD ones exist because I've heard about them. Any advice as to who to ask for, or how to get a better Concierge?

Thanks!
Seconding that "Cathy" has been just about useless, unfortunately.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:21 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by steveholt
Seconding that "Cathy" has been just about useless, unfortunately.
Years ago, my daughter worked in an American Express call center with over 600 phone agents. Whenever someone asked for their name, it was always "Cathy". They had 600 Cathy's working there. Just saying.

Anyway, just tell your existing Concierge that you'd like to be assigned to a new one. Just like all business decisions, you are under no obligation to explain your decision. That just might be the greatest joy of being the decision maker. Just say "I'd like to try a different Concierge please".

My Concierge is extremely helpful. No, strike that, she's AMAZING. Just the other day, I checked out in a hurry (to rush to the airport), and the bill was wrong (they charged me for 4 nights even though I had used a free night award). Rather than fool with it at the front desk, I dashed off an email to the concierge. Then I drove 30 minutes to the airport. She had corrected the bill within that 30 minutes.

I understand that each concierge has at least two email addresses. All Hyatt employees have [email protected] ... and the concierges also have a shared email address which is [email protected]. I always send to the SHARED email address. That way, if my concierge is not at work, other team members check the shared mailbox. I work in various places around the globe, and sometimes I email my concierge outside of working hours. Usually I get a reply back from my own concierge. But often,the reply comes back from another team member.

I understand that the twitter team and the concierge team are the exact same group of people.

In my experience, EVERY team member is capable. I've never had an issue with the service. But then again, I've never been helped by "Cathy", so maybe I've just been lucky. I'd like to add that I've never had them "break" or even "bend" any rules on my behalf. That's because I never ask for rules to be broken or bent. The service exists to help Globalists make bookings in accordance with Hyatt policy. If I need to have a rule broken or bent (very rarely ... like maybe a 5 pm checkout when I have an 8 pm flight), I'll contact the hotel directly ... because I know in advance that the Concierge will only handle things in accordance with policy.

I use the service a couple of times each month. The Concierge handles practically ALL of my bookings, changes, cancellations and requests ... because it's so much easier and faster to use the concierge than to do it yourself.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Years ago, my daughter worked in an American Express call center with over 600 phone agents. Whenever someone asked for their name, it was always "Cathy". They had 600 Cathy's working there. Just saying.
I feel exceedingly confident in saying there are not 600 Hyatt concierges.
jrmcart likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

I’m choosing not to identify her but Cathy is her real first name (and i know her last name).... with corresponding social media.

Not trying to get her in any trouble, but I just want a concierge that better addresses my needs. Not trying to get anyone to break rules, either.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
I’ve had great luck with Quita, she’s been great.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I was assigned Valerie, who has been great. When Valerie is on her days off, sometimes other concierges will step in and answer the e-mails even though I always use the same standard Hyatt e-mail address for my concierge.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
My concierge quit Hyatt in August, and I only discovered in November when he hadn't replied to numerous emails and I reached out to Twitter support.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

How did you go about getting a new one assigned?
I didn't. I essentially wrote off the concierge thing years ago after having it lose any real benefits. Someone at Hyatt must have decided to give it another go with me.

Glad to hear that Quita is great. Hopefully its the start of something good for me!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
My Australia based one has been responsive and done some impressive things (just like SPG Ambassadors ... when they were first deployed)
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:06 pm

"Kyoko" in Tokyo is very good. Responsive.

Last edited by Mark McCracken; Nov 12, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by embarcadero1
I’ve had great luck with Quita, she’s been great.
I second that. She's been spectacular for me.

I don't have high demands and handle most stuff myself, but she's pulled together complicated and convoluted reservations (and without request, found better dates for us than I originally proposed), locked in suites with adjoining rooms way in advance, handled billing errors with hotels, and has been quick and easy to work with through it all. She has a partner or others on the team that help on days when she's not working.

I don't need the service often, but at least for me, this Globalist perk has worked perfectly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.