Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Why not message through Twitter?
You can also contact Hyatt through Messenger app. I've found response times to be under 1 hour and usually 15-20 minutes
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:27 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Things my concierge has done for me in the last 3 weeks:

- Requested a GOH reservation --> She made it for me rather than for my guest
- Requested a reservation for March 2023 --> She made it for March 2022
- Requested a reservation at PH Kyoto --> She made it at PH Tokyo
- Asked her to cancel/change a couple reservations --> Points for one (or several) didn't come back. When I inquired, she told me that she had checked and all points had been returned, causing me to waste half an hour to go thorugh Hyatt's uber-crappy accounting system (which is pretty much useless when trying to reconcile the account balance, because cancelled stays just disappear). Surprise, I was correct and 100k were missing.

So fed up!
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:11 pm

Hey in fairness, PH Tokyo and PH Kyoto DO use the exact same letters.....
MSPeconomist and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:11 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I am baffled that Concierge experiences are so completely different not a good sign.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx

- Asked her to cancel/change a couple reservations --> Points for one (or several) didn't come back. When I inquired, she told me that she had checked and all points had been returned, causing me to waste half an hour to go thorugh Hyatt's uber-crappy accounting system (which is pretty much useless when trying to reconcile the account balance, because cancelled stays just disappear). Surprise, I was correct and 100k were missing.

So fed up!
Wow. The one really good thing that my concierge is good for is spelunking in the accounting system. Seriously -- I've had some issues where regular customer service phone calls would've taken hours/days to sort out -- and my concierge just somehow magically comes up with the points, sometimes as just "bonus points" to fix things.

Honestly the one real benefit from my concierge. I can handle almost everything else more efficiently online or via the globalist line.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Im relatively new to MHC, about 6-7 months, but I have no significant gripes. My MHC is not particularly affable on the phone but shes met a few requests and Ive had VERY pleasant and productive phone calls with other MHCs when mine is not available. My MHC gave me her hours, I sometimes call when she is not working specifically to speak with someone else.

However, a few days ago I called her to ask about missing American Airlines Hyatt Dual Accrual miles and she was excellent. She said she was not aware of any problems and put me on hold for 3-4 minutes to ask another department, came back on the line and said that yes, there was (or is) a problem. Then a couple days later (presumably she) posted Hyatt points to my Hyatt account due to missing American Advantage miles.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:39 pm

My concierge works hours into the evening, but I cannot call half the time she is working because the system doesn't let me through.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by s0ssos
My concierge works hours into the evening, but I cannot call half the time she is working because the system doesn't let me through.
I've never had that experience and, in fact, my concierge has generally worked late hours (per my request when being assigned a concierge). Could she be turning off the phone or setting it up for call forwarding so that she can catch up on work such as requests submitted by email?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:44 pm

what is MHC?

Obviously not a true concierge. Most of us do not have a butler/maid but as I understand they do everything, nothing too menial. That is their job.

The concierge is a dedicated CSR who presumably has a limited amount of customers. However who knows how true that is (eg how limited recently compared to years past) and still has to determine how to allocate time. A regular phone agent just handles one at a time, no prioritization/organization there.
I am unclear if some guests are prioritized over others but presuming no, the concierge sets their own priorities. Which means it depends on the person. Maybe some like easier tasks, and some like more challenging. Meaning not all customers are served to their liking as inevitably if not enough time (which now seems obvious) to care for all the customers some will have their requests addressed and some will not.

​​​Hyatt, I presume, provides no guidance for them in how to take care of customers. It definitely does not provide any guidance for us (telling us 'be patient' is not helpful).
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've never had that experience and, in fact, my concierge has generally worked late hours (per my request when being assigned a concierge). Could she be turning off the phone or setting it up for call forwarding so that she can catch up on work such as requests submitted by email?
Well, the first time I called was when we had set up a time to talk. And it was forwarded.
And since then if it is after 5 it forwards.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:53 pm

I'm unhappy with my globalist concierge, I don't want to put her on blast. Does anyone have any current recommendations? Someone who even somewhat cares about doing a good job would be great.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY
I'm unhappy with my globalist concierge, I don't want to put her on blast. Does anyone have any current recommendations? Someone who even somewhat cares about doing a good job would be great.
I don't believe you can request someone specific.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx

So fed up!
at least you got GOH booked though under the wrong name. Mine replied 3 days after I emailed her and reply was "No, it is not allowed" LOL.
sdadept likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The twitter team is outstanding and very quick to respond. I've shifted virtually all of my requests to them.
Tami likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:54 pm

I sent my concierge some chocolate. It has paid off in spades. When I call while shes on the clock I usually get a pickup within a one-two rings, greeted by name, and all my requests resolved faster than I can describe them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.