Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:43 pm
vej

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Years ago, my daughter worked in an American Express call center with over 600 phone agents. Whenever someone asked for their name, it was always "Cathy". They had 600 Cathy's working there. Just saying.

Anyway, just tell your existing Concierge that you'd like to be assigned to a new one. Just like all business decisions, you are under no obligation to explain your decision. That just might be the greatest joy of being the decision maker. Just say "I'd like to try a different Concierge please".

My Concierge is extremely helpful. No, strike that, she's AMAZING. Just the other day, I checked out in a hurry (to rush to the airport), and the bill was wrong (they charged me for 4 nights even though I had used a free night award). Rather than fool with it at the front desk, I dashed off an email to the concierge. Then I drove 30 minutes to the airport. She had corrected the bill within that 30 minutes.

I understand that each concierge has at least two email addresses. All Hyatt employees have [email protected] ... and the concierges also have a shared email address which is [email protected]. I always send to the SHARED email address. That way, if my concierge is not at work, other team members check the shared mailbox. I work in various places around the globe, and sometimes I email my concierge outside of working hours. Usually I get a reply back from my own concierge. But often,the reply comes back from another team member.

I understand that the twitter team and the concierge team are the exact same group of people.

In my experience, EVERY team member is capable. I've never had an issue with the service. But then again, I've never been helped by "Cathy", so maybe I've just been lucky. I'd like to add that I've never had them "break" or even "bend" any rules on my behalf. That's because I never ask for rules to be broken or bent. The service exists to help Globalists make bookings in accordance with Hyatt policy. If I need to have a rule broken or bent (very rarely ... like maybe a 5 pm checkout when I have an 8 pm flight), I'll contact the hotel directly ... because I know in advance that the Concierge will only handle things in accordance with policy.

I use the service a couple of times each month. The Concierge handles practically ALL of my bookings, changes, cancellations and requests ... because it's so much easier and faster to use the concierge than to do it yourself.
Super usful information, thanks for sharing!
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:44 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by mitch1
This program is like any other - it's based on relationships. If you communicate well on the phone and make a effort to know your concierge it should work well for you. If you speak to random agents, aren't familiar with your concierge and send emails when you need something maybe it won't.

I'm on a first name basis with my Concierge and over time we've learned to know each other and my preferences. My agent has actually suggested properties to me because they know what I like based on my stay history. I feel this is one
of the most valuable parts of being a Globalist. I'm not going to identify them but I will say I regularly do over 150 nights a year with Hyatt and have had the same concierge for at least 7 years. My concierge makes most of my reservations, notifies me about rate changes, registers & makes me aware of all promos & requests upgrades for me prior to checkin. We usually talk every few weeks to go over my account.

If you don't get the response you'd like from your concierge I'd suggest getting some basic info. Name, days & hours they work and the time zone they're in. Ask for and call their direct number (it may not be toll free) and of course have their email. I always call first - if I don't get them I leave a voice message. I can always email later if needed. I usually get a call back the same day. If not I'll receive an email.

If you contact your agent and they don't get back to you call the 800 number and find a concierge you have a good repoire with. If you tell them you'd like to switch to them and get their contact info you'll have someone you can work with.

agree with you. It is, like many other things, always a relationship thing.
On a first name basis, I know her origin and when she is on vacation, know where she goes on vacation (family visits) and what is important to her. Wish her nice holidays in advance and ask how they were upon return, etc etc.
she appreciates my stay reports (over the phone, she asks back), says she can use my experiences to help others with recommendations and so forth. It is all relationship. And my MHC does miracles for me.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by mitch1
This program is like any other - it's based on relationships. If you communicate well on the phone and make a effort to know your concierge it should work well for you. If you speak to random agents, aren't familiar with your concierge and send emails when you need something maybe it won't.

I'm on a first name basis with my Concierge and over time we've learned to know each other and my preferences. My agent has actually suggested properties to me because they know what I like based on my stay history. I feel this is one
of the most valuable parts of being a Globalist. I'm not going to identify them but I will say I regularly do over 150 nights a year with Hyatt and have had the same concierge for at least 7 years. My concierge makes most of my reservations, notifies me about rate changes, registers & makes me aware of all promos & requests upgrades for me prior to checkin. We usually talk every few weeks to go over my account.

If you don't get the response you'd like from your concierge I'd suggest getting some basic info. Name, days & hours they work and the time zone they're in. Ask for and call their direct number (it may not be toll free) and of course have their email. I always call first - if I don't get them I leave a voice message. I can always email later if needed. I usually get a call back the same day. If not I'll receive an email.

If you contact your agent and they don't get back to you call the 800 number and find a concierge you have a good repoire with. If you tell them you'd like to switch to them and get their contact info you'll have someone you can work with.
This is an excellent reminder, thanks!

I suppose I'm guilty like many people in this day and age of expecting instant replies and gratification. Sometimes it really is as simple as picking up the phone.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
I used to really enjoy working with my concierge, but lately it's usually taking about 5 days to get a response. They are usually apologetic and blame it on their heavy workload. That may be fine once, but it's has happened multiple times this fall/winter. Is this a problem other folks are encountering? I don't really see value in emailing someone only to get a response nearly a week later.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
I used to really enjoy working with my concierge, but lately it's usually taking about 5 days to get a response. They are usually apologetic and blame it on their heavy workload. That may be fine once, but it's has happened multiple times this fall/winter. Is this a problem other folks are encountering? I don't really see value in emailing someone only to get a response nearly a week later.
Same. I tend to send a note to MHC, remember that esp. with my new one I won't get a response for 3 days, so I then use FB Messenger, get my issue resolved in like 15 min, and then 3 days later MHC responds saying "oh I see you are already upgraded with your TSU", etc.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I didn't get a response on a recent request for two weeks. Only a phone call to the general line finally got it resolved.

It sounds like they're utterly swamped right now.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Similar experience with mine. I think she mentioned that a few were promoted, but they just hired a few more, so hopefully it will free up some of their time. Although her responses are painfully slow, sometimes she comes through with bonus points, making sure I get a suite upgrade, so I will continue to reach out to her.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 8:06 pm

I've requested help from my concierge twice since acquiring her in October. First request I got a response about 30 hours later saying she can't help me and I'll need to reach out to someone else for it (despite others on FT reporting that their concierge had fixed it for them). Second request I made took over 5 days for a reply, although she did complete the request.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Same here. Currently waiting 4 days for a response... prior response times were similar.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 12:40 am

Programs: hyatt globalist
deleted

Last edited by jlee132132; Jan 7, 2023 at 12:51 am
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Same. I tend to send a note to MHC, remember that esp. with my new one I won't get a response for 3 days, so I then use FB Messenger, get my issue resolved in like 15 min, and then 3 days later MHC responds saying "oh I see you are already upgraded with your TSU", etc.
How do you use FB Messenger to contact Hyatt Concierge?
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I seem to have mislaid my one email thread with my concierge details. Any suggestions of how best to ask Hyatt for a reminder? Is there a generic concierge email address?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:34 pm

After I lost my amazing Concierge Ed, I have been shuffled between others that are either mediocre or disgustingly unhelpful. If anyone has a recommendation for a good one, it would be very, very much appreciated, either through private message or directly replying to this thread.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: hyatt globalist
me too. radio silence from mine for weeks.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Any of you with concierges that you actually like, would you be able to PM me their names (if you'd like, you can also include why you like 'em!)?

Background: I just hit my 60 night milestone for the first time and have not yet been assigned a concierge. I recognize this could be my opportunity to request a concierge with a clean slate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.