FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I did not see in the WOH website stating DSUs are now eligible for award stays. Can someone confirm this?
2. Redeeming Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed for reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section. A Member must redeem a Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award when making the underlying reservation. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that offer suite accommodations (subject to the exclusions set forth below). For purposes of this award, a suite provides for one-bedroom accommodations. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are only valid for standard suites, defined as each participating hotel’s or resort’s introductory suite category, and are subject to availability. There are a limited number of standard suites available at each hotel and resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards cannot be redeemed for premium suites (i.e., any Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suites or similar suite categories), as designated by the applicable hotel or resort. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, a Club Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, and must be valid for the entire length of the reservation, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-7 Free Night Awards (defined below), or any other promotional Free Night Award. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted. Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not valid at any of the Suite Award Ineligible Properties or Hyatt Residence Club.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Now that we are near the end of January, I wonder (after all the discussion about it here) how many actually going for this approach.

I will finish my 25 this weekend but waiting on 3 MGM stays to post.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
So an interesting experience, sorry if covered elsewhere.

I am Diamond or whatever the new tier is. I will not make it for 2018. Not traveling for work any longer. In somewhat of a burn mode, have 500k.
Going to HR SAV over St. Pats. I went to use a DSU and was denied, but not because of capacity. I do not have my 2017 benefits yet. I was perplexed. I was told though earned, I had not received them yet so I cant use them and have to call back 3/1.

When I grumbled, I was told I need to be appreciative. They were originally going to be dropping DSU from the benefits, but apparently people complained so they added them back.

Accurate or is she on crack?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by etsmyers

I am Diamond or whatever the new tier is. I will not make it for 2018. Not traveling for work any longer. In somewhat of a burn mode, have 500k.
Going to HR SAV over St. Pats. I went to use a DSU and was denied, but not because of capacity. I do not have my 2017 benefits yet. I was perplexed. I was told though earned, I had not received them yet so I cant use them and have to call back 3/1.

When I grumbled, I was told I need to be appreciative. They were originally going to be dropping DSU from the benefits, but apparently people complained so they added them back.

Not sure I read your question properly but you can not use DSU in March until the March 2017 - Feb 2018 DSU are deposited in your account March 1st.

Second, DSU are only rarely useful as its based on availability. My bet would be that the hotel you want in March won[t even have a standard suite available. Not that I don't appreciate it when the stars align and I get a wonderful suite for the price of a basic room, just doesn't happen often for me (still have 3 DSU left for this year)
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:28 am

Given your situation one possible workaround is to book the suite using points and then change that booking on March 1 to use one of your new DSUs.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
The problem with using DSUs in March is not new, but the attitude of the phone rep is not something I've heard before and it is not appealing.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by rfrost
The problem with using DSUs in March is not new, but the attitude of the phone rep is not something I've heard before and it is not appealing.
Well, since he doesn't have a personal concierge, he isn't worth Hyatt's time. (it's a joke folks - nothing personal intended)
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Well, since he doesn't have a personal concierge, he isn't worth Hyatt's time. (it's a joke folks - nothing personal intended)
you have been in rare form these days !
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I do, but she works at SPG,
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by smilee
Not sure I read your question properly but you can not use DSU in March until the March 2017 - Feb 2018 DSU are deposited in your account March 1st.

Second, DSU are only rarely useful as its based on availability. My bet would be that the hotel you want in March won[t even have a standard suite available. Not that I don't appreciate it when the stars align and I get a wonderful suite for the price of a basic room, just doesn't happen often for me (still have 3 DSU left for this year)
and thus is the problem. We used to be able to use them in the future for stays 18 months out. They changed that, I get it. The fact is we have EARNED these, and they can tell in the system we have earned them.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
and thus is the problem. We used to be able to use them in the future for stays 18 months out. They changed that, I get it. The fact is we have EARNED these, and they can tell in the system we have earned them.
I totally agree. In WoH world, they DSUs will appear immediately upon requalification for Globalist but the problem is that expiration date will be 12 months from requalification and not current membership year + 12 months (like it works for status). Seems really unfriendly.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
WOH March 1st My Concierge

I just got an email from "My Concierge" thanking me for taking part in the beta program. Going forward he wrote I will be eligible for this coming year and will need to re qualify going forward to keep access to the My Hyatt Concierge.

So that is the first email regarding March 1st. In the meantime I have been getting some pretty decent upgrades since the first of the year. And a few comments from front desk managers about the changes
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Just ran into this for a March stay I want to use a DSU on. I have expiring 2016 DSU's which in the past I could have used in this situation. Now I can't. Lame.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I just got an email from "My Concierge" thanking me for taking part in the beta program. Going forward he wrote I will be eligible for this coming year and will need to re qualify going forward to keep access to the My Hyatt Concierge.

So that is the first email regarding March 1st. In the meantime I have been getting some pretty decent upgrades since the first of the year. And a few comments from front desk managers about the changes

What did the FD managers say?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Just ran into this for a March stay I want to use a DSU on. I have expiring 2016 DSU's which in the past I could have used in this situation. Now I can't. Lame.
It's extremely lame because it's a larger devaluation than most realize... I do a lot of traveling around Christmas. If I were to do 60 nights, I would consider stopping Hyatt stays in the middle of the year and picking back up with the fall promo with a final 60th night as close to the 31st as possible. This change does not increase loyalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.