Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Tommys888
Quick question - for the 5 brand 1 free night promotion, for the stays at 5 brands - award stats count as well? Thank you!
T&C say no.

"A Member may earn a “5-Brand Free Night Award” after paying an Eligible Rate for a completed stay of one (1) night or more at five (5) different Hyatt brand"
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Triadtravel
What I find interesting with the whole "best upgrade including base suites" is that my "home" Hyatt where I spend most of my days has recently reclassified a bunch of rooms from "Arcade Deluxe" to Suites.

I stay at the Hyatt Regency in Cleveland 35-40 nights a year. They are nicer rooms and technically you can close the door into the bedroom, but they are nowhere near as nice as the VIP suites you get with a DSU. Looks to me like they are watering down the suite classification, to make you feel better about getting an upgrade as a "Global" that you received as a diamond, but now they can tell you the upgrade was into a suite.
Hyatt Regency Orange County and Hyatt Regency Deerfield both did the same thing. Used DSU and then went without and got normal room and both were identical.

Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't know, but I'm willing to be the answer is "NO." Award stays are the red-headed stepchild at Hyatt.
I called about this and was told no, award stays will not count. Is that correct? Who knows, but that is what I was told.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Just re-qualified as Diamond

It's my own fault. I was aware of the new WOH coming along but had decided to jump ship to SPG, hopefully with a status match, for paid stays from now on.

I already had bookings to requalify for Diamond for 16th year and my last stay was at the Andaz London on Friday. As an aside the newest GM there , Otto, is doing his best to turn what was a luxury hotel into an average hotel.

I have just over a million points to burn next year and I had naively thought that by getting Diamond this year I would get the highest level from through to the next year. Just got the mail from GP saying "SCREAM and shout you have requalified as Diamond" ...... through to 28th February 2017.

My own fault I know and I should have paid more detail to the WOH website, but what a crock. And I notice that now to get RC access I have to phone to use a voucher only at time of booking.

So my 25 year membership of HGP will end with not a single new paid for booking with Hyatt.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:29 am
brg

multiple rooms - credit?

Under new system of WOH, PAID NIGHTS count, not stays
-so if I book and pay for multiple rooms for family, do I still get 1 night credit or credit for the rooms x nights?

I hope Hyatt GP is not dumb enough to not give even that credit
Then there would be no reason to stay with Hyatt from Jan
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:37 am
brg

I should have known!
https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...att-terms.html

When a Member pays for more than one (1) room during a particular stay, only one (1) such room will be eligible to earn Tier-Qualifying Nights (provided that the night otherwise satisfies the requirements set out above). When accounts are merged, the qualifying activity of both merged accounts will be considered in determining whether the account holder of the merged account will receive elite status.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
My own fault I know and I should have paid more detail to the WOH website, but what a crock. And I notice that now to get RC access I have to phone to use a voucher only at time of booking.
If I understood you correctly, you will be Diamond until end of Feb and then Globalist. If so, you still get Club access on each stay at a property with Clubs. It is the Explorer mid tier level that gets four club upgrade certificates.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I already had bookings to requalify for Diamond for 16th year and my last stay was at the Andaz London on Friday. As an aside the newest GM there , Otto, is doing his best to turn what was a luxury hotel into an average hotel.
He's succeeded. My last stay there was so lackluster it will be just that: my last stay there.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by cmglobal
He's succeeded. My last stay there was so lackluster it will be just that: my last stay there.
We have stayed there every month since it opened, Usually the staff are great. When checking in managers that chatted with us on our last stay just blanked us. Check in was amateur hour - asked for a passport despite the Union flag against my profile, nothing about late check out or amenity. Wine in reception was dire, couldn't face a refill and the canapes were pathetic. Love the area so will have to find an SPG property to stay in future.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
If I understood you correctly, you will be Diamond until end of Feb and then Globalist. If so, you still get Club access on each stay at a property with Clubs. It is the Explorer mid tier level that gets four club upgrade certificates.
That's what I thought but not according to the Transition page

Diamond with Tier Expiration
February 2017

Explorist

Not happy! If I had realised I would have cancelled my recent stays and moved to SPG!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres

February 2017

Explorist

Not happy! If I had realised I would have cancelled my recent stays and moved to SPG!
You will have Globalist status until Feb. 2018.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

February 2017

Explorist
You have qualified for Diamond through February 2018, and thus will be Globalist when the new program begins.

Don't believe everything that Hyatt IT tells you.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

February 2017

Explorist

If you requalified this year under current Diamon the rules for next year, instead of the expected Diamond until Feb 2018 you will be Diamond until Feb 2017 and then get the new Glob status.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That is what I thought but the email from Hyatt says

"Feel free to celebrate another year of Diamond status any way you like. Scream and shout, jump for joy, and continue to enjoy all the elite benefits of Diamond status through February 28, 2017"

And the WOH Transition page is clear that if your Diamond status expires February 2017 then you transition to Explorist.

Hope that I am wrong!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And the WOH Transition page is clear that if your Diamond status expires February 2017 then you transition to Explorist.

Hope that I am wrong!
Yes you are..... your Diamond status expires 02/2018 so they will just rename it on 02/2017.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:48 am

That is what I thought but the email from Hyatt says

"Feel free to celebrate another year of Diamond status any way you like. Scream and shout, jump for joy, and continue to enjoy all the elite benefits of Diamond status through February 28, 2017"

Hope that I am wrong!
I believe that it all hinges on whether your have re-qualified this year, meaning 2016. Here is my personal example.

As of last Thursday (12/16), I had recorded 24 stays for the year, and the GP website listed my DM tier expiration as being February 28,'17. I spent that evening at a HR not too far from home, using a C + P rate. On Saturday afternoon I received an e-mail message from HGP, congratulating me on re-qualifying. I went back to HGP on the web, and saw that my tier expiration had been advanced a year to 2/28/18.

My wife and I have a six night stay scheduled over Christmas at a HR, where I am using a paid rate in order to avail myself of the opportunity to use a DSU.

Beyond that, 2017 will be dedicated to burning off the points in my GP account, as my chances of re-qualifying for Globalist or even Explorist will be slim to none. Fortunately I have Marriott LT Plat status to serve as a safety net, but I will miss Hyatt, particularly its redemption opportunities in Europe including PH properties, where my DM status alone was enough to be frequently upgraded to a suite. It was great while it lasted.

Last edited by SCEflyer; Dec 19, 2016 at 12:06 pm Reason: Added Text

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.