Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by krazieman
After hitting 55 nights, I'm not sure if I really care to hit 60 to get the extra free night.
55 nights in 2017 will get you Explorist for 2018.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:00 pm

After a Vegas conference, I'll have about 15 nights by conversion. Assuming I opt for Hyatt's almost exclusively, I can pretty easily qualify for the 60 nights.

Not sure if it's worth the effort though. Basically, the only difference between Glob and Exp are the 4 DSUs? The soft landing makes it unnecessary to qualify for Glob this year, in my view.

Now, where I may find it valuable is next year when (1) Diamond ranks have thinned, (2) Hyatt maintains the integrity of their program, and (3) refrain from offering matching promos.

This year will sit it out and see how this WOH thing progresses.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium

After hitting 55 nights, I'm not sure if I really care to hit 60 to get the extra free night. Then next year, I'm going back to SPG to get Platinum.

There may not even be an SPG next year. Even less likely the year after, when Platinum would kick in.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Visconti
Not sure if it's worth the effort though. Basically, the only difference between Glob and Exp are the 4 DSUs? The soft landing makes it unnecessary to qualify for Glob this year, in my view.
Glob is very close to Diamond now, with a few perks added (club access/breakfast benefit, waived resort fees on all stays, free parking on awards, theoretical possibility of free suite upgrades, possibility of personal concierge) and a few dropped (no welcome amenity, weasel words added to best available room benefit).

It's still probably worth it if you can do 60 nights (and can stand being called a "Globalist" for two more years).

Explorist, on the other hand is IMO clearly not worth it. Inferior to Marriott and Hilton Gold. No breakfast benefit, no guaranteed club access, no meaningful upgrade guaranty.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee

Explorist, on the other hand is IMO clearly not worth it. Inferior to Marriott and Hilton Gold. No breakfast benefit, no guaranteed club access, no meaningful upgrade guaranty.

It is a really steep drop off in terms of benefits for Explorist. Especially considering other chains. You would almost have to be a fool to work for Explorist.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I've done 9 nights so far this year. Here's my strategy going forward for 2017.
Try to combine crossing 30 nights with 5 brands at almost the same time to get two nights with 120 day expiration. So far this year, I've only had Hyatt Regency and Grand Hyatt. Will be at the PH Seoul in a couple of months. Will move my stay from the PH New York to Andaz 5th Avenue (this seems counter intuitive to Hyatt revenue btw). Then I'll have to do a stay at Hyatt Centric Miami or a mattress run at Hyatt House or Hyatt Place in Dallas.

After hitting 55 nights, I'm not sure if I really care to hit 60 to get the extra free night. Then next year, I'm going back to SPG to get Platinum.
Next year if you want PLT you will have to do 75. By then it will be 100% Marriott Rewards! You rethink the "easy" days are coming to a close
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Next year if you want PLT you will have to do 75. By then it will be 100% Marriott Rewards! You rethink the "easy" days are coming to a close
Ugh. More misinformation?

Do you have a source for this claim of 75 nights to get SPG Platinum next year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.