Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
23 nights/21 stays & counting
30 nights/25 stays completed!
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
^
Originally Posted by 141park
30 nights/25 stays completed!
^^^
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by zombietooth
So, you're for censorship? Or just don't want to read the complaining posts?

FT exists for the free exchange of ideas. Let's hope that never changes and we don't have to create "safe" forums for those who can't tolerate diverse opinions.
which is why some of us think the constant drowning on and on and on is annoying (like this post) And the cool thing: we're entitled to our opinions.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by austin_modern
which is why some of us think the constant drowning on and on and on is annoying (like this post) And the cool thing: we're entitled to our opinions.
Indeed it is annoying. When will you cease to do so?

See how these complaints can be turned around?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you going for 25 stays before the end of the month?
It's looking like 30 stays and 37 nights by the end of February.

Last edited by 236Dakota; Feb 12, 2017 at 9:04 pm
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I too am against "drowning"-although I would characterize it a little more seriously than "annoying". Let's both agree that drowning should not be allowed on FT.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I too am against "drowning"-although I would characterize it a little more seriously than "annoying". Let's both agree that drowning should not be allowed on FT.
Would you settle for being inundated?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Would you settle for being inundated?
This is the same as a 'reply all' on work email to someone saying 'please take me off of this distribution list', and then everyone does a reply all and says 'yes, take me off also'.

Fortunately, in my work email there is an 'ignore' feature that will stop future posts from coming thru to that particular message.....not such feature I'm afraid....

Here's something interesting, I'm staying at the HR Bellevue, WA and got automatically upgraded to a suite for my stay here. I've stayed here once before and I've heard they recognize repeat guests and treat them well. I wonder if this is early Globalist treatment to an available suite or just the normal behavior of this hotel staff to upgrade repeat Diamonds to a suite at no charge. Either way, It's great!! WoH awaits, drone on people, drone on...
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Well here is a "drowning" post for you. I haven't stayed at a Hyatt since this was announced which is pretty sad because I needed very little extra to maintain status for next year and even had DSUs to burn. You may not like this post because its complaining and a downer to deal with for those who are staying and like it, but isn't that what this entire Flyertalk Forum is about, regardless of topic? Flyertalk members posting their opinions, experiences and yes, whether or not a major program change is going to impact their stays and loyalty.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
This is the same as a 'reply all' on work email to someone saying 'please take me off of this distribution list', and then everyone does a reply all and says 'yes, take me off also'.

Fortunately, in my work email there is an 'ignore' feature that will stop future posts from coming thru to that particular message.....not such feature I'm afraid....

Here's something interesting, I'm staying at the HR Bellevue, WA and got automatically upgraded to a suite for my stay here. I've stayed here once before and I've heard they recognize repeat guests and treat them well. I wonder if this is early Globalist treatment to an available suite or just the normal behavior of this hotel staff to upgrade repeat Diamonds to a suite at no charge. Either way, It's great!! WoH awaits, drone on people, drone on...
I was saying the same thing my stays so far have resulted in super upgrades. Maybe just Maybe

Travel safe
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I can't wait for March 1 to come around. As a Platinum with plenty of nights last year (but not enough stays for Diamond) I will be upgraded to Exploder. I will then be able to book some Hyatt award stays to start using my Club upgrades that I didn't have before.

However, the new thresholds being what they are and significantly reduced business travel this year, I have no incentive to aim for Hyatt status. Consequently I have currently no revenue stays planned.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I can't wait for March 1 to come around. As a Platinum with plenty of nights last year (but not enough stays for Diamond) I will be upgraded to Exploder. I will then be able to book some Hyatt award stays to start using my Club upgrades that I didn't have before.

However, the new thresholds being what they are and significantly reduced business travel this year, I have no incentive to aim for Hyatt status. Consequently I have currently no revenue stays planned.
Hmm, doesn't Platinum become Discoverist? If you're a Diamond expiring in 2017 you become Explorist. All Platinums get the new lowest tier. They do mention that your activity for 2016 will count for your 2017 WOH status, so if you think that was adequate to make Exploder, you should be good.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Just reached Diamond Status with stays in January and February and received 4 DSU's that expire on 02/28/17. Which means, in addition to those should receive 4 more once World of Hyatt takes over that expire 02/29/18.

At least that is what it is looking like.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 141park
Just reached Diamond Status with stays in January and February and received 4 DSU's that expire on 02/28/17.
That's weird. You should not have.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by caliform
Hmm, doesn't Platinum become Discoverist? If you're a Diamond expiring in 2017 you become Explorist. All Platinums get the new lowest tier. They do mention that your activity for 2016 will count for your 2017 WOH status, so if you think that was adequate to make Exploder, you should be good.
https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...ransition.html

"Most importantly, if your 2016 activity would have qualified you for a higher status in World of Hyatt, we’ll award it to you. By March 1, 2017, we’ll confirm your membership status in World of Hyatt."

My 2016 activity would have qualified me for Exploder since I had about 35-ish nights (10 stays).

The way I look at it, I am probably one of the few (thousand) who fall into the "crack" that's opened up between Plat and Diamond and truly and concretely benefit from this change to WoH. For a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.