Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
wait until March 1st and then see what their statement shows. I have a feeling things will then and only then become clearer.
Yes I agree. Hopefully when WoH launches Hyatt surprises us with new elite tier names and a 30 stay option for top tier status. Maybe I could get a thanks from someone for this post?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
You didn't thank me for getting Feb 28 2018 correct?
Could I get a THANKS for this clarification?
Maybe I could get a thanks from someone for this post?
You're not getting enough attention at home are you.

An existing Diamond that requalifies on Feb 14 2017 would receive 4 DSU's immediately weather they also requalified in 2016 or not.
Under Gold Passport nobody received DSUs upon requal. And since it's not yet March 1, we're still operating under the terms of GP.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
You're not getting enough attention at home are you.

Under Gold Passport nobody received DSUs upon requal. And since it's not yet March 1, we're still operating under the terms of GP.
Thank you for noticing. Will you be my Valentine?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by synd
When you're a newly minted diamond, you automatically get 4 DSU's immediately after your account status is updated. and then you get 4 more after feb28th.
Exactly, not so difficult.... and hardly reason for all the complaining that they cannot be used. You get 8 DSU's as a result of one qualification, how bad is that really.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Who is expecting to dip their toes into the new WoH benefits early in the transition? My stay ending 3/2 will push me past 30 nights which should mean I get the Cat1-4 free night essentially immediately (which will likely expire because I don't have any personal travel plans to a Cat1-4 in the following 120 days).

I also have two award stays in Hawaii (GH Kauai and HR Waikiki) in April, both of which normally charge a resort fee and parking, both of which should be comped under WoH.

Who else gets to see how horribly this is rolled out early on? (I mean, we've seen the prowess of the Hyatt IT team via the website, so what could possibly go wrong....)
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm on track to get some of the new WOH certs on March 1st, when I officially become a Glob.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Who is expecting to dip their toes into the new WoH benefits early in the transition?
I have two stays at European PHs (Zurich and Vienna), one early March, one late April, and I'm hoping to use the free Cat 1-7 cert for one of them (preferably Zurich, since that's a Cat 7).

I noticed last night that the WoH description on the website says DSUs will be deposited in "early March" . . . so they're not even committing to March 1.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
...when I officially become a Glob.
I often wonder where Hyatt gets these names!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Who is expecting to dip their toes into the new WoH benefits early in the transition? My stay ending 3/2 will push me past 30 nights which should mean I get the Cat1-4 free night essentially immediately (which will likely expire because I don't have any personal travel plans to a Cat1-4 in the following 120 days).

I also have two award stays in Hawaii (GH Kauai and HR Waikiki) in April, both of which normally charge a resort fee and parking, both of which should be comped under WoH.

Who else gets to see how horribly this is rolled out early on? (I mean, we've seen the prowess of the Hyatt IT team via the website, so what could possibly go wrong....)
with all due respect I suggest we instead of this continued bashing of WOH and second guessing we wait till the first of March to see exactly what the program looks like. Not that everyone doesn't have a voice/opinion here it's just been enough and we are close to the roll out. I think many of us have pretty much made up our minds what we are going to do. For me I am staying put, two reasons 1) I enjoy Hyatt 2) I do a lot of international travel and that's where Hyatt really shines.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
what tier will the platinums be at (platinum provided with the chase card?)
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.

Remembering the "Cat Rodeo" last year with the Diamond packets, and the incompetent and often redundant efforts at mitigation (I ended-up with 4 packets through late July), coupled with the numerous lies we were told by the Diamond Line personnel, I wouldn't take 100 to 1 odds on a successful rollout.

I am like you and am already at 25 nights with Hyatt this year, in spite of my best efforts to book away from them. I will unfortunately cross 30 nights by the 25th (on only 3 stays) due to the required lead time for trade show commitments that forced me to make prepaid bookings for JAN and FEB before the new program was rolled-out in late OCT last year.

I need to burn a bunch of points before the rumored big devaluation that's coming later this year, and I am really getting worried about having the time to do it.

Last edited by zombietooth; Feb 14, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Yes I agree. Hopefully when WoH launches Hyatt surprises us with new elite tier names and a 30 stay option for top tier status. Maybe I could get a thanks from someone for this post?
The more I think about it, the more I don't really care.

Left with still 3 of 4 upgrade certs. The new world of hyatt will not be as good, so why would I even want to make to make the 30 stays.

Loss of at least 25K points per year. A category 4 cert (which I probably won't want to use in the winter unless I maybe stay at the Hyatt place in Hawaii) A category 7 cert which is nice, but again not usable in the summer unless I re-qualify in May not December like usual.

Unless there is a really good promotion. YAWN
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I've been reading the thread a bit sporadically lately, and have a question I haven't seen answered yet. If I missed it, I apologize.

I'm Diamond, but will drop to Explorist or whatever, on March 1st. I have a P+C reservation at the HR TST HKG near the end of March. These 4x new club upgrades are for up to 7 nights each? Valid for P+C bookings? I don't see these specifics addressed on the website.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I've been reading the thread a bit sporadically lately, and have a question I haven't seen answered yet. If I missed it, I apologize.

I'm Diamond, but will drop to Explorist or whatever, on March 1st. I have a P+C reservation at the HR TST HKG near the end of March. These 4x new club upgrades are for up to 7 nights each? Valid for P+C bookings? I don't see these specifics addressed on the website.
Yes, you are OK. Club upgrades are good for all bookings.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Remembering the "Cat Rodeo" last year with the Diamond packets, and the incompetent and often redundant efforts at mitigation (I ended-up with 4 packets through late July), coupled with the numerous lies we were told by the Diamond Line personnel, I wouldn't take 100 to 1 odds on a successful rollout.

I am like you and am already at 25 nights with Hyatt this year, in spite of my best efforts to book away from Hyatt. I will unfortunately cross 30 nights by the 25th (on only 3 stays) due to the required lead time for trade show commitments that forced me to make prepaid bookings for JAN and FEB before the new program was rolled-out in late OCT last year.

I need to burn a bunch of points before the rumored big devaluation that's coming later this year, and I am really getting worried about having the time to do it.
Devaluations occur each year - so earn and burn is generally the best approach. However, after the huge hit on 3/1 for many, it would be another blunder to have another big devaluation to the WoH program.

What is your source for the rumored big devaluation later this year? Blogger, inside info, etc.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.