Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Don't know what to make of this, but just got an email titled "Welcome to World of Hyatt Explorist Membership" and outlines on the benefits.

I re-upped for Diamond last year (through Feb 2018). We're supposed be migrated to Globalist, right? Maybe a glitch? Maybe not

Le sigh, so much for a smooth transition. Hyatt twitter support, here I come.
I completed a Hyatt Challenge last year that a Hyatt Phone Rep offered me but apparently after successfully completing it (and being told i successfully completed it last fall) and 2 weeks before migration to Globalist, Hyatt is telling me the offer was invalid and that I will not be Globalist this year. So essentially after taking my money, they say too bad. Contacted them via email, Twitter, every method to no avail. They told me to enjoy Explorist and tried to sell it as if it was the greatest thing ever. Never had such mistreatment by management of a company before.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by shustedm
I completed a Hyatt Challenge last year that a Hyatt Phone Rep offered me but apparently after successfully completing it (and being told i successfully completed it last fall) and 2 weeks before migration to Globalist, Hyatt is telling me the offer was invalid and that I will not be Globalist this year. So essentially after taking my money, they say too bad. Contacted them via email, Twitter, every method to no avail. They told me to enjoy Explorist and tried to sell it as if it was the greatest thing ever. Never had such mistreatment by management of a company before.
Sorry to hear that. In my case, HGP on Twitter just confirmed it was an email glitch and that their records show I'm set to convert to Globalist.

You might try the phone once or twice. It's a bit of the roll of the dice, but sometimes I've been able to get things done that way when twitter support failed.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:46 pm

Sorry to hear that. In my case, HGP on Twitter just confirmed it was an email glitch and that their records show I'm set to convert to Globalist.

You might try the phone once or twice. It's a bit of the roll of the dice, but sometimes I've been able to get things done that way when twitter support failed.
I got through Twitter, Phone Rep, and then on to Corporate who said their final offer was 15,000 points. I guess I know how Hyatt values their business now.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:47 pm

Good to hear you got your situation fixed.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
World of Hyatt -Points Stay?

I read the email today and got totally confused, diamond will become Globalist, but won’t get Globalist benefit on points stay? Did I understand it wrong? As it says you get tier benefit only on (a)qualified rate (b) on Free night award , upgrade Award or Point+cash . Can someone clarify this?

In-hotel Benefits are provided only where, for the applicable night, the elite Member (a) has paid an Eligible Rate or (b) has redeemed a Free Night Award, Room Upgrade Award, or Points + Cash Award. In the event that an elite Member is staying under an Ineligible Rate (other than as part of redeeming a Free Night Award), (s)he will not be provided any In-hotel Benefits for that stay.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:55 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Don't know what to make of this, but just got an email titled "Welcome to World of Hyatt Explorist Membership" and outlines on the benefits.

I re-upped for Diamond last year (through Feb 2018). We're supposed be migrated to Globalist, right? Maybe a glitch? Maybe not

I had the same issue; e-mail said Explorist instead of Globalist. I called the Diamond line to ask, and the rep said (1) I will be "100%" Globalist based on what he can see in his system, and (2) he has heard lots of other people calling in to that call center about email showing the wrong status also.

My theory: maybe the e-mail was generated based on a date cutoff that was too early. I qualified for Diamond based on some stays that did not credit until January but counted for December.

Did you qualify late also?

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I put myself on a treadmill to complete 60 nights this year without being totally comfortable knowing what the new program would offer since this whole rollout is so dramatic. After getting the e-mail seems more clear but for me the real test will be seeing some possible suite upgrades without having to use a DSU.

Before leaving last week to the GH Tokyo had to speak with my GP contact in Chicago to stick with my reservation as the Conrad became point option. Here's hoping for a positive good interesting year with Hyatt.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Happy to confirm that the email about my new status actually shows Explorist.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...ransition.html

"Most importantly, if your 2016 activity would have qualified you for a higher status in World of Hyatt, we’ll award it to you. By March 1, 2017, we’ll confirm your membership status in World of Hyatt."

My 2016 activity would have qualified me for Exploder since I had about 35-ish nights (10 stays).

The way I look at it, I am probably one of the few (thousand) who fall into the "crack" that's opened up between Plat and Diamond and truly and concretely benefit from this change to WoH. For a year.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I was told point only awards do not count towards status nights. But benefits are on all stays including points only award nights. I would like clarification also.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:04 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by L3talk
I read the email today and got totally confused, diamond will become Globalist, but won’t get Globalist benefit on points stay? Did I understand it wrong? As it says you get tier benefit only on (a)qualified rate (b) on Free night award , upgrade Award or Point+cash . Can someone clarify this?

In-hotel Benefits are provided only where, for the applicable night, the elite Member (a) has paid an Eligible Rate or (b) has redeemed a Free Night Award, Room Upgrade Award, or Points + Cash Award. In the event that an elite Member is staying under an Ineligible Rate (other than as part of redeeming a Free Night Award), (s)he will not be provided any In-hotel Benefits for that stay.
A points stay is a Free Night Award and you will get In-hotel tier benefits.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skj
A points stay is a Free Night Award and you will get In-hotel tier benefits.
Yeah, my understanding is that Hyatt uses the term to mean either stays paid with certs or points.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
At least we all have the privilege of witnessing the death throes of a once-great corporation.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta, United, SPG, HHonors, Hyatt

You are not alone. My online status shows Diamond until 2/28/2018, yet the email welcomes me to be an Explorist. Called Hyatt Diamond line and the rep said the email was wrong.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Data point - my email is correct... but I'm still left asking how many ways can this loyalty team screw up?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
This is what my e-mail says:

Dear Pickles,

Welcome to World of Hyatt, where exceptional service comes standard and unforgettable experiences are always at your fingertips.

Your new loyalty program is a celebration of you and your journey. As a Lifetime Globalist, you will have access to our highest level of luxury – without having to requalify – as we welcome you around the world.

The program revolves around you and is yours to explore starting Ma.rch 1.

Here’s a highlight of the program and your benefits as a Lifetime Globalist:

Earn points

Earn points on qualifying nights, dining, spa experiences and more. Plus, get 30% Bonus Points on those purchases.

Use points with ease

Spend points on free nights (with no blackout dates at Hyatt hotels and resorts), airline miles or car rental awards and share points with any World of Hyatt member.

Relax and unwind

Receive Club lounge access, including free breakfast.

Call on the experts

Ask your My Hyatt Concierge for recommendations, reservations or anything else you need – they'll be reaching out shortly.

Elevate your stay

Enjoy a free night in a category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort and 4 suite upgrade awards each year.

Earn more rewards

Choose a suite upgrade award or 10,000 Bonus Points after staying 70, 80, 90 and 100 qualifying nights in a calendar year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.