Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Devaluations occur each year - so earn and burn is generally the best approach. However, after the huge hit on 3/1 for many, it would be another blunder to have another big devaluation to the WoH program.

What is your source for the rumored big devaluation later this year? Blogger, inside info, etc.?
It's from one of the bloggers.

My only inside information is from a franchisee of a high-end Asian property who told me that they were going to see "significant reductions in program costs" due to the changes in WOH.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Yes, you are OK. Club upgrades are good for all bookings.
Don't think they are good for free nights via certificate (credit card or otherwise), just point award, P+C and revenue.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by miadukes
what tier will the platinums be at (platinum provided with the chase card?)
Just have the card? You'll be discoverist. Drop $50k in spend on the card, you'll enjoy Explorist.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Don't think they are good for free nights via certificate (credit card or otherwise), just point award, P+C and revenue.
Sorry. You are correct.

I don't even think about the free night awards anymore.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry. You are correct.

I don't even think about the free night awards anymore.
And I honestly don't understand why they had to overcomplicate the rules by excluding those free night awards. Makes the T&C more complicated, is bound to lead to disappointment among their customers that they allegedly wanted to reward for something, and really doesn't save them any significant money.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've been told yes and that seems to agree with my own reading of the (current) T&Cs for WOH.

However, for the free night after five brands, only stays after March 1 count, although this is apparently a once in a lifetime benefit and you can do the five brands over multiple years for it.
Thanks! I timed my 30th night to post on 3/3 anyway so should be good either way...
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My only inside information is from a franchisee of a high-end Asian property who told me that they were going to see "significant reductions in program costs" due to the changes in WOH.
And there's your bottom line on WoH.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Who else gets to see how horribly this is rolled out early on? (I mean, we've seen the prowess of the Hyatt IT team via the website, so what could possibly go wrong....)
Oh, I am very much looking forward to the garbage fire that this rollout is going to be. This forum will be highly entertaining.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Yes, you are OK. Club upgrades are good for all bookings.
I can't imagine using cash/points to upgrade. For a WOH stay at HR Santa Clara, the cost to upgrade to club is $199/night plus 3,000 points/night.

Last edited by JackE; Feb 14, 2017 at 9:49 pm
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I'm Diamond, but will drop to Explorist or whatever, on March 1st. I have a P+C reservation at the HR TST HKG near the end of March. These 4x new club upgrades are for up to 7 nights each? Valid for P+C bookings? I don't see these specifics addressed on the website.
The only snag you might encounter is that the T&C read:
Receive 4 Club lounge access awards redeemable at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts at the time of reservation.

You are probably OK using them on an existing reservation once you receive them. But technically they could refuse when P+C or a Club room is not available anymore when you try to apply the award.
Who knows how flexible they are with this. Having experienced the new GP, probably not very.....

Last edited by RTW1; Feb 15, 2017 at 1:48 am
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Were the answers provided to the moderator to questions asked by members ever going to put in the Wiki?

I'm certain these have been asked and answered but, with respect to existing Diamonds who transfer to to the new top tier on 1 March . . .

1. Do they get four DSUs immediately or do they have to wait to reach some milestone?

2. Do they a one free night certificate at any Hyatt?

3. If yes to three, does this have a four month expiry or something else?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by caliform
Oh, I am very much looking forward to the garbage fire that this rollout is going to be. This forum will be highly entertaining.
Based how its been feeling like the wheels coming off for some time, I would consider it to be a miracle of biblical proportions if it was not a dumpster fire. What we saw from IT and "Management" the past year (actually more like 18 months) is what made it easy for me to move on once WOH was announced.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Vote for HGP

I just received the annual email asking for my vote in the Freddie Awards:

"Help Us Bring Freddie Home."

It seems rather ironic.

BTW, the heading says HGP not WOH.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vote for the dead program. LOL. If they win, will the award be given posthumously?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I just received the annual email asking for my vote in the Freddie Awards:

"Help Us Bring Freddie Home."

It seems rather ironic.

BTW, the heading says HGP not WOH.
I was completely surprised they would have the balls to send it out considering the piece of crap they are serving us with the WOH! At least they are being consistent in thinking this pile is actually an improvement that people are going to be happy about and vote for Hyatt for. Denial!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.