Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:02 am

It's not that unusual, I worked back through my history the other day as a curiosity to see just how my spend habits have changed for 2017. I would have hit Globalist a reasonable amount on spend over the last few years, but my max nights in a year was 21. Alas it's not going to happen this year, others will get my money after this debacle.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JackE
I've been informed by my concierge that if I reach lifetime Globalist (1M base points) that is sufficient for permanent My Concierge even if I drop down to a lower tier.

I'm not sure if my already having a concierge is a factor in that.
How could you drop down to a lower tier if you're lifetime globalist?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I've been informed by my concierge that if I reach lifetime Globalist (1M base points) that is sufficient for permanent My Concierge even if I drop down to a lower tier.

I'm not sure if my already having a concierge is a factor in that.
That makes sense if one reaches the 1mm ( I am close) but that was the threshold for LFT Diamond as well!

You know what really who the hell cares at this point one is either in or out
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by edgewood49

You know what really who the hell cares at this point one is either in or out
Exactly. You're either done with Hyatt or you're moving on. I wish the bandaid would just be pulled already. Sadly it's gonna be another whining year of globalist sucks, "see ya Hyatt," etc as the final year of former diamonds expires.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Exactly. You're either done with Hyatt or you're moving on. I wish the bandaid would just be pulled already. Sadly it's gonna be another whining year of globalist sucks, "see ya Hyatt," etc as the final year of former diamonds expires.
YEP ! I'm in 12 nights and counting
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cmglobal
How could you drop down to a lower tier if you're lifetime globalist?
Dropping down in 2018 prior to hitting LT in 2099 or so.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:11 pm

Dropping down in 2018 prior to hitting LT in 2099 or so.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Yup, I am pretty done with the whining. I am on board and I think it's a fine change. Imagine how informative and helpful this thread would be without the 1,781 'RIP HYATT NEVER VISITING AGAIN' posts.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
Yup, I am pretty done with the whining. I am on board and I think it's a fine change. Imagine how informative and helpful this thread would be without the 1,781 'RIP HYATT NEVER VISITING AGAIN' posts.
Those that are left and committed can comment on their "new " experiences. I had the front desk manager at the Seattle Grand comment to me the other day checking asking if I was ready for the change over to which I asked him if they were ! He answered affirmative to which of course I asked what about the upgrades he said they were ready for that as well. To their credit I 90% of the time get great rooms, jr suites here.

My other stays elsewhere have so far been equally as good nabbing suites 50% of the time. However we will see
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by edgewood49
YEP ! I'm in 12 nights and counting
23 nights/21 stays & counting
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Nice job ^
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Are you going for 25 stays before the end of the month?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
So, you're for censorship? Or just don't want to read the complaining posts?

FT exists for the free exchange of ideas. Let's hope that never changes and we don't have to create "safe" forums for those who can't tolerate diverse opinions.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by zombietooth
So, you're for censorship? Or just don't want to read the complaining posts?

FT exists for the free exchange of ideas. Let's hope that never changes and we don't have to create "safe" forums for those who can't tolerate diverse opinions.
haha wow, complaining about useless posts in a thread is now censorship. No, I am expressing that I find it adds nothing useful to the thread, or Flyertalk or even the internet as a whole. And I can tolerate the existence of these opinions just fine, but it doesn't help anyone who wants to read a discussion about World of Hyatt -- just like our posts now are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

If there were to be moderation, by the way (which there is here), which deleted useless posts that are nothing but empty complaints, that's not censorship; that's just keeping a legible, nice forum.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
haha wow, complaining about useless posts in a thread is now censorship. No, I am expressing that I find it adds nothing useful to the thread, or Flyertalk or even the internet as a whole. And I can tolerate the existence of these opinions just fine, but it doesn't help anyone who wants to read a discussion about World of Hyatt -- just like our posts now are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

If there were to be moderation, by the way (which there is here), which deleted useless posts that are nothing but empty complaints, that's not censorship; that's just keeping a legible, nice forum.
One could say the same about non-informative rah rah cheerleading posts. No?

Oh, like the one below?

Unintended consequences and such......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.