Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by 141park
I am down to 8 stays left. Spent $40K on the Hyatt Card and got 5 stays for that and that certainly helped.

Hopefully can earn the 4 DSU's and try to earn 4 more for 2018 and ride as much as I can on Award stays and save on resort fees and parking!

Also, try to utilize Guest of Honor benefit as we always get 2 rooms for our family.
May I ask are you one of those famous "Freeloader Diamonds" that they talk about on the internet?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
May I ask are you one of those famous "Freeloader Diamonds" that they talk about on the internet?
Don't you know - everybody is unless they're spending $100K a year.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Don't be giving Jeffie Z any ideas.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Curious if anyone had hit 100k base by now and requaled for glob. I'm at 72k (few multi room stays).
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I had close to 18 stays for January and February for business and then another 10 to 20 later in the year anyways this year.

Never have been a diamond with Hyatt.

But it so happens I want to secure Diamond in the first 2 months since I am so close to gaining it for 2 years Maybe that makes me one of those with less than $100K in spend

Last edited by 141park; Jan 30, 2017 at 6:59 am
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by footastic
Curious if anyone had hit 100k base by now and requaled for glob. I'm at 72k (few multi room stays).
for 2016 or 2017? am not seeing any indication that i've qualified on base points for Globalist yet.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by sam_goh
In which case you'd be a "free loading" Courtesy Card holder.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by josephstern
Look - a big part of the whole loyalty world is, in part, a way for companies to essentially give value to patrons at the expense of those patrons' employers. It's a kickback for bringing them business.

Hyatt seems to have forgotten this magic in their recalc.
This!! Both the concept, and Hyatt forgetting it.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Look - a big part of the whole loyalty world is, in part, a way for companies to essentially give value to patrons at the expense of those patrons' employers. It's a kickback for bringing them business.

Hyatt seems to have forgotten this magic in their recalc.
--------

This!! Both the concept, and Hyatt forgetting it.

I think they are very much aware of it. The proof is that there is free parking on point-stays but not paid stays. Another example is extending DSUs to non-paid stays. They are also keeping the double-points rate, which is the biggest example by far of the kickback scheme.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by JackE
I think they are very much aware of it. The proof is that there is free parking on point-stays but not paid stays. Another example is extending DSUs to non-paid stays. They are also keeping the double-points rate, which is the biggest example by far of the kickback scheme.
Interesting points. They're more interested in the business traveler (I'll state as a generalization that the business traveler's less price sensitive) who's spending OPM than the traveler who's paying out of their own pocket.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Since Jan 1 - it's possible some folks have 100k base points.
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
for 2016 or 2017? am not seeing any indication that i've qualified on base points for Globalist yet.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
My theory is they targeted and surveyed 2 or 3 very frequent/long-staying business travelers who carped about having to spend a dime of their own money on holiday, and the WOH enhancements were born.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:44 pm

I actually remember the survey and I answered that I wanted dsus on awards and elite status on extreme credit card spend...They never asked about changing the requirements.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I actually remember the survey and I answered that I wanted dsus on awards and elite status on extreme credit card spend...They never asked about changing the requirements.
So we'll hold you responsible.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JackE
I think they are very much aware of it. The proof is that there is free parking on point-stays but not paid stays. Another example is extending DSUs to non-paid stays.
I did not see in the WOH website stating DSUs are now eligible for award stays. Can someone confirm this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.