FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by sam_goh
It's extremely lame because it's a larger devaluation than most realize... I do a lot of traveling around Christmas. If I were to do 60 nights, I would consider stopping Hyatt stays in the middle of the year and picking back up with the fall promo with a final 60th night as close to the 31st as possible. This change does not increase loyalty.
Totally agree. I will certainly try to time my 60th night posting to be as late as possible - probably will mean that as I plan Q4 travel I'll have SPG stays to make sure my 60th Hyatt night is in December.

It will be interesting to see if they expire exactly 1 year after issuing or end of month 1 year from the month issued. I.e. 60th night December 15, 2017 will they be good until December 14, 2018 or December 31, 2018. What about stays that straddle NYE? Seems it will be impossible to book using a DSU how could somebody have one available that hasn't expired?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K
Totally agree. I will certainly try to time my 60th night posting to be as late as possible - probably will mean that as I plan Q4 travel I'll have SPG stays to make sure my 60th Hyatt night is in December.

It will be interesting to see if they expire exactly 1 year after issuing or end of month 1 year from the month issued. I.e. 60th night December 15, 2017 will they be good until December 14, 2018 or December 31, 2018. What about stays that straddle NYE? Seems it will be impossible to book using a DSU how could somebody have one available that hasn't expired?
I hope this is one of those things they wise-up about and link DSU expiration to new tier's expiration, e.g. February 28, 2018, for those who will qualify as Globalists in 2017.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Rusdude
I hope this is one of those things they wise-up about and link DSU expiration to new tier's expiration, e.g. February 28, 2018, for those who will qualify as Globalists in 2017.
I wouldn't be surprised if they take the cue from airlines and move the tier expiration to Jan 31 each year. My expectation is that's next year's deval, or at least part of it.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I felf relieving after canceling all my hyatt stays this year.

No need to chase for status anymore while enjoying my diamond status.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I felf relieving after canceling all my hyatt stays this year.

No need to chase for status anymore while enjoying my diamond status.
How do you enjoy Diamond status if you cancel all your stays?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by JackE
waiting for this answer !
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:48 pm

Will Amex Fine Hotel and Resort bookings count for elite status with WOH?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Szamboti
Will Amex Fine Hotel and Resort bookings count for elite status with WOH?
I would assume so if a paid room.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by sam_goh
It's extremely lame because it's a larger devaluation than most realize... I do a lot of traveling around Christmas. If I were to do 60 nights, I would consider stopping Hyatt stays in the middle of the year and picking back up with the fall promo with a final 60th night as close to the 31st as possible. This change does not increase loyalty.
A lot of program changes seem to be intended to achieve maximum breakage. Too many short/inconvenient expiry dates. Also note how Hyatt's computer systems have been reprogrammed over the last couple of years to not allow employees to extend certificate expiry dates.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by itsallgood
A lot of program changes seem to be intended to achieve maximum breakage. Too many short/inconvenient expiry dates. Also note how Hyatt's computer systems have been reprogrammed over the last couple of years to not allow employees to extend certificate expiry dates.
Well the good news is that Hyatt has had excellent practice with this thread in how to break things
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Received my new Diamond card yesterday. I guess it will be valid for 3 weeks until I am morphed into a Glob.

No mention of WoH in the mailing. I imagine I'll get a new Glob card around April. Seems like a waste of resources.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:54 am

soft-landing

I'm not going to make it to 55N this year, and due to soft-landing, it doesn't make sense for me to put 30N into Hyatt as well. If you look at below 2 routes, the outcome is the same for next year

Globalist in 2017 > zero night > softlanded Explorist in 2018
Globalist in 2017 > 30 night > maintained Explorist in 2018

I think the only difference is the 30N Cat 1-4 cert that comes with 30 nights.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JackE
i will book some of my future stays with hyatt.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by woresu
I'm not going to make it to 55N this year
Sigh, 55 nights has no meaning for this year, you still need 60 anyway.

Also, do we really trust that Globalists will -all- be soft-landed to Explorist, regardless of activity? I have as much faith in that as I do in getting suite upgraded later this year. I'm doing 30 nights just in case (and because I'd do them anyway).
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by woresu
I'm not going to make it to 55N this year, and due to soft-landing, it doesn't make sense for me to put 30N into Hyatt as well. If you look at below 2 routes, the outcome is the same for next year

Globalist in 2017 > zero night > softlanded Explorist in 2018
Globalist in 2017 > 30 night > maintained Explorist in 2018

I think the only difference is the 30N Cat 1-4 cert that comes with 30 nights.
need 60

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.