World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 7, 17, 8:18 pm
  #2836  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 2,190
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
I just got an email from "My Concierge" thanking me for taking part in the beta program. Going forward he wrote I will be eligible for this coming year and will need to re qualify going forward to keep access to the My Hyatt Concierge.

So that is the first email regarding March 1st. In the meantime I have been getting some pretty decent upgrades since the first of the year. And a few comments from front desk managers about the changes

What did the FD managers say?
JackE is offline  
Old Feb 7, 17, 9:35 pm
  #2837  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CVG
Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Posts: 1,497
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer View Post
Just ran into this for a March stay I want to use a DSU on. I have expiring 2016 DSU's which in the past I could have used in this situation. Now I can't. Lame.
It's extremely lame because it's a larger devaluation than most realize... I do a lot of traveling around Christmas. If I were to do 60 nights, I would consider stopping Hyatt stays in the middle of the year and picking back up with the fall promo with a final 60th night as close to the 31st as possible. This change does not increase loyalty.
sam_goh is offline  
Old Feb 7, 17, 10:39 pm
  #2838  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Posts: 3,239
Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
It's extremely lame because it's a larger devaluation than most realize... I do a lot of traveling around Christmas. If I were to do 60 nights, I would consider stopping Hyatt stays in the middle of the year and picking back up with the fall promo with a final 60th night as close to the 31st as possible. This change does not increase loyalty.
Totally agree. I will certainly try to time my 60th night posting to be as late as possible - probably will mean that as I plan Q4 travel I'll have SPG stays to make sure my 60th Hyatt night is in December.

It will be interesting to see if they expire exactly 1 year after issuing or end of month 1 year from the month issued. I.e. 60th night December 15, 2017 will they be good until December 14, 2018 or December 31, 2018. What about stays that straddle NYE? Seems it will be impossible to book using a DSU how could somebody have one available that hasn't expired?
SF1K is offline  
Old Feb 7, 17, 11:03 pm
  #2839  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by SF1K View Post
Totally agree. I will certainly try to time my 60th night posting to be as late as possible - probably will mean that as I plan Q4 travel I'll have SPG stays to make sure my 60th Hyatt night is in December.

It will be interesting to see if they expire exactly 1 year after issuing or end of month 1 year from the month issued. I.e. 60th night December 15, 2017 will they be good until December 14, 2018 or December 31, 2018. What about stays that straddle NYE? Seems it will be impossible to book using a DSU how could somebody have one available that hasn't expired?
I hope this is one of those things they wise-up about and link DSU expiration to new tier's expiration, e.g. February 28, 2018, for those who will qualify as Globalists in 2017.
Rusdude is offline  
Old Feb 8, 17, 4:05 am
  #2840  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: body: A stone's throw from SFO, mind: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 16,942
Originally Posted by Rusdude View Post
I hope this is one of those things they wise-up about and link DSU expiration to new tier's expiration, e.g. February 28, 2018, for those who will qualify as Globalists in 2017.
I wouldn't be surprised if they take the cue from airlines and move the tier expiration to Jan 31 each year. My expectation is that's next year's deval, or at least part of it.
dsquared37 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 17, 6:33 am
  #2841  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BKK
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; WoH Globalist (Lite); HH Diamond; QR Plat
Posts: 1,968
I felf relieving after canceling all my hyatt stays this year.

No need to chase for status anymore while enjoying my diamond status.
3rdworldresident is offline  
Old Feb 8, 17, 1:42 pm
  #2842  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 2,190
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident View Post
I felf relieving after canceling all my hyatt stays this year.

No need to chase for status anymore while enjoying my diamond status.
How do you enjoy Diamond status if you cancel all your stays?
JackE is offline  
Old Feb 8, 17, 1:57 pm
  #2843  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 5,357
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
How do you enjoy Diamond status if you cancel all your stays?
waiting for this answer !
edgewood49 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 17, 5:48 pm
  #2844  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 121
Will Amex Fine Hotel and Resort bookings count for elite status with WOH?
Szamboti is offline  
Old Feb 8, 17, 6:29 pm
  #2845  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 5,357
Originally Posted by Szamboti View Post
Will Amex Fine Hotel and Resort bookings count for elite status with WOH?
I would assume so if a paid room.
edgewood49 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 17, 9:44 pm
  #2846  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz 5 Star, United 1K
Posts: 561
Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
It's extremely lame because it's a larger devaluation than most realize... I do a lot of traveling around Christmas. If I were to do 60 nights, I would consider stopping Hyatt stays in the middle of the year and picking back up with the fall promo with a final 60th night as close to the 31st as possible. This change does not increase loyalty.
A lot of program changes seem to be intended to achieve maximum breakage. Too many short/inconvenient expiry dates. Also note how Hyatt's computer systems have been reprogrammed over the last couple of years to not allow employees to extend certificate expiry dates.
itsallgood is offline  
Old Feb 8, 17, 11:43 pm
  #2847  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CVG
Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Posts: 1,497
Originally Posted by itsallgood View Post
A lot of program changes seem to be intended to achieve maximum breakage. Too many short/inconvenient expiry dates. Also note how Hyatt's computer systems have been reprogrammed over the last couple of years to not allow employees to extend certificate expiry dates.
Well the good news is that Hyatt has had excellent practice with this thread in how to break things
sam_goh is offline  
Old Feb 9, 17, 12:20 am
  #2848  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Osaka
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Posts: 2,864
Received my new Diamond card yesterday. I guess it will be valid for 3 weeks until I am morphed into a Glob.

No mention of WoH in the mailing. I imagine I'll get a new Glob card around April. Seems like a waste of resources.
OsakaWino is offline  
Old Feb 9, 17, 6:54 am
  #2849  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 137
soft-landing

I'm not going to make it to 55N this year, and due to soft-landing, it doesn't make sense for me to put 30N into Hyatt as well. If you look at below 2 routes, the outcome is the same for next year

Globalist in 2017 > zero night > softlanded Explorist in 2018
Globalist in 2017 > 30 night > maintained Explorist in 2018

I think the only difference is the 30N Cat 1-4 cert that comes with 30 nights.
woresu is offline  
Old Feb 9, 17, 7:41 am
  #2850  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BKK
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; WoH Globalist (Lite); HH Diamond; QR Plat
Posts: 1,968
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
How do you enjoy Diamond status if you cancel all your stays?
i will book some of my future stays with hyatt.
3rdworldresident is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: