Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:21 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anchor79
bump, so do diamonds get breakfast at this hotel or not?
I can confirm that Diamonds get breakfast removed from the bill. That was my experience this morning.

I've been there twice now, and this second visit was more polished; among other things they mentioned that breakfast charges would be removed from the bill.

I even got upgraded for free to a suite.

Last edited by BTA; Aug 9, 2014 at 6:19 am Reason: grammar and clarity
Old Aug 9, 2014, 12:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by BTA

They used to do this for Club Carlson Gold's and I wondered if Diamond's would get it too!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BTA
I can confirm that Diamonds get breakfast removed from the bill. That was my experience this morning.

I've been there twice now, and this second visit was more polished; among other things they mentioned that breakfast charges would be removed from the bill.

And would you choose this for a short one-nighter over the Hyatt Place El Segundo?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 5:58 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slocouple
And would you choose this for a short one-nighter over the Hyatt Place El Segundo?
I haven't stayed at that HP. I would prefer the Concourse for convenience reasons. Its great to just walk to the terminals and I like running around LAX to watch traffic inbound and outbound. There is a shuttle as well if you prefer. Its more of a walk for Terminals 3/4/5 or TBIT.

If you want a more updated room, the HP might be better, but otherwise, I don't have a problem recommending the Concourse.

I've never stayed at the HP El Segundo since when I have tried, it was often near capacity, so it was expensive. I typically opt for the Sheraton LAX, but now I'm glad to have a few options so close to the airport.

As this property is renovated it may get more expensive, but hopefully even nicer. It has worked for me for quick stays before morning flights from LAX.

Edited to add: a link to a review of my most recent stay at this hotel. As of mid-August, it seems to be better integrating with Hyatt and Gold Passport. The Concourse Hotel at LAX I hope the photos and other bits of info there (and that I posted above) are useful.

This link is to my blog, and per FT rules, I'm disclosing that fact in this post.

Last edited by BTA; Aug 12, 2014 at 9:25 am Reason: added link to my review of hotel
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:45 pm

Kind of a mixed-bag stay for me. (I say that, though it takes a LOT to disappoint me, especially in a full-service hotel.)

As already noted, some updating is needed here. The desk in my room was deeply gouged, and all of the furniture was from an era that wasn't within my lifetime, and apparently has been in continuous service for that period.

On the other hand, I did get upgraded to a large room, albeit at the end of a hall and a bit noisy with cars and planes. The bathroom countertop was definitely Hyatt - new. The StayFit was clean and had ample equipment, though I prefer hotel-quality equipment (Precor or Life Fitness...even good Techno Gym) to the Nautilus equipment here....but it worked.

I recommend eating before you leave LAX as there isn't anything nearby; I'm vegetarian, so the hotel's offerings weren't terribly appealing.

Oh, the other bummer: I did end up getting charged for continental breakfast - first time in about 15 years as a Diamond; a phone call didn't make any impact, despite citing Diamond T&C (as I understand them*)...so $18 write-off. I did encourage manager to go back and make sure GP program is understood. I guess the points posted against a $107 rate are about right, though I don't pay any attention to points.
Earnings Detail Description: Amount: Credit Type: Base Points 543 Points Diamond Bonus 163 Points Total: 706 Points

* Actually, I think it's full breakfast when there is no lounge. But whatever.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:58 pm

When I stayed here they clearly stated that breakfast was included for up to 4 people when I checked in. I had the buffet and didn't see any charges on my bill.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:21 am

I am just finishing up my third stay in two weeks.

Whilst the property desperately needs the Hyatt touch, the stand out is the staff in my view. They really try to go beyond what you would expect at every encounter. From the host at the restaurant seeing me lost looking for the lifts and walking over to call one after she called me over, to the front desk clerk who moved rooms around so I could check in at 0930am!

I had one employee who was less than helpful and when I mentioned it in the survey I was sent, I got a personal email and phone call from the Front Office Manager when I came back! (And a little gift too!)

The staff seem to be genuinely excited about becoming a Hyatt and I am delighted about that. I think in a year when all the changes are done this will be a modern hotel with a great staff.

The other highlight is the shuttle - Purple in colour and features QuikPark a bit more than the hotel - is super! Every 10 minutes they say. I have barely had to wait 5 for pickup from the airport. They leave from the back of the hotel or you can walk 50 yds to the bottom of the park structure as the shuttles wait there before leaving.

Last edited by Markie; Sep 3, 2014 at 7:36 am
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was told that the shuttle leaves for the airport every TWENTY minutes, not ten, at 00, 20, and 40 after the hour. This was for a weekday morning departure, and I was told that after 8 am ish, there can be issues with shuttles being full and requiring a wait for the next one.

I don't know about the other direction, from airport to hotel, as I decided to walk. Bad decision but at lot depends on the terminal where you land.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I was told that the shuttle leaves for the airport every TWENTY minutes, not ten, at 00, 20, and 40 after the hour. This was for a weekday morning departure, and I was told that after 8 am ish, there can be issues with shuttles being full and requiring a wait for the next one.

I don't know about the other direction, from airport to hotel, as I decided to walk. Bad decision but at lot depends on the terminal where you land.
Interesting! All my flights have been early. Their web site says:

Airport Shuttle - is complimentary and available 24-hours to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), 7 days a week, to and from the Concourse Hotel.

When you arrive at the LAX airport and have collected your checked luggage, please proceed outside of baggage claim. The shuttle will pick you up at the RED hotel shuttle passenger pick-up zone within 10 minutes.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Markie
Interesting! All my flights have been early. Their web site says:

Airport Shuttle - is complimentary and available 24-hours to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), 7 days a week, to and from the Concourse Hotel.

When you arrive at the LAX airport and have collected your checked luggage, please proceed outside of baggage claim. The shuttle will pick you up at the RED hotel shuttle passenger pick-up zone within 10 minutes.
I'm talking about the shuttle schedule from the hotel to the airport. This is what the front desk told me at check in and was consistent with my observations about shuttles pulling up to the hotel's back entrance and departing around 7 am to 8:20 am on a weekday last week. I made a point of noticing whether the shuttles seemed to be on time as I went to breakfast.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
So I'm guessing a stay at this hotel will count towards current 50K promotion??
Old Sep 7, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by SF1K
So I'm guessing a stay at this hotel will count towards current 50K promotion??
A good question, and I certainly hope the answer is "yes." I have 2 separate stays at this property scheduled during the autumn promotion ... and I want to hit that 50K mark.

I do know that the mLife properties do not count in the promotion, but it seems that nights spent at all Hyatt-family branded properties should count, IMO.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
what is the parking situation here? If it's $20 or more, I might stick with the HP LAX for my upcoming visit - though I'd like to check this property out
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
A good question, and I certainly hope the answer is "yes." I have 2 separate stays at this property scheduled during the autumn promotion ... and I want to hit that 50K mark.

I do know that the mLife properties do not count in the promotion, but it seems that nights spent at all Hyatt-family branded properties should count, IMO.
Don't know for certain but it's a reasonable assumption that it would count since it's a Hyatt property (although not branded as such). Unlike the MLife properties which aren't Hyatt properties, think codeshare.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 10:05 pm

Stayed here on Thursday night.

I just walked from LAX T6. Easy, safe and pleasant walk.

Check-in was friendly and Diamond status was acknowledged. Not asked for amenity choice. Room was proactively upgraded to a junior suite. The keycards say "a Hyatt Affiliate" or some such.

Tired room... literature in the room indicated a major renovation was imminent. Fruit plate, water and personal note placed on the work desk.

Rooms facing Century have great LAX views. No noise issues. Thick, non-opening windows.

Wifi is free and fast.

Breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant was decent... nothing outstanding. Signed the bill, no mention of the comp.

Exercise room is terrible. Cramped room, old equipment.

I left in a hurry so didn't checkout. Received a PDF folio via e-mail with the figures bang-on, no breakfast charge.

Stay / points posted within 48 hours. 1W bonus included.

I paid $120 on a AAA rate and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.