FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:45 pm
365RoadWarrior

Kind of a mixed-bag stay for me. (I say that, though it takes a LOT to disappoint me, especially in a full-service hotel.)

As already noted, some updating is needed here. The desk in my room was deeply gouged, and all of the furniture was from an era that wasn't within my lifetime, and apparently has been in continuous service for that period.

On the other hand, I did get upgraded to a large room, albeit at the end of a hall and a bit noisy with cars and planes. The bathroom countertop was definitely Hyatt - new. The StayFit was clean and had ample equipment, though I prefer hotel-quality equipment (Precor or Life Fitness...even good Techno Gym) to the Nautilus equipment here....but it worked.

I recommend eating before you leave LAX as there isn't anything nearby; I'm vegetarian, so the hotel's offerings weren't terribly appealing.

Oh, the other bummer: I did end up getting charged for continental breakfast - first time in about 15 years as a Diamond; a phone call didn't make any impact, despite citing Diamond T&C (as I understand them*)...so $18 write-off. I did encourage manager to go back and make sure GP program is understood. I guess the points posted against a $107 rate are about right, though I don't pay any attention to points.
Earnings Detail Description: Amount: Credit Type: Base Points 543 Points Diamond Bonus 163 Points Total: 706 Points

* Actually, I think it's full breakfast when there is no lounge. But whatever.